• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you accept a Prophet?

Wandering Monk

There is a general consensus among Jews that for us, there can be no prophecy outside of the land of Israel. Most prophets in the Tanakh are warning the people that they risk being kicked out of the Land by their actions.

I see you are an Ebionite. That makes you a Christian. How can you be a Karaite then, since that was a Jewish sect?

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
The Islamic belief is there is no prophet after Muhammed. And this so called Muslim who claimed to be a new prophet will be rejected. Rejected by the Qur'an directly.

Then Islam will automatically reject any Messiah that comes, as prophet is his primary path.
All Christians have been programmed to reject anyone that doesn't follow the fraud that is
'Revelation' and declare them an antichrist and now Muslims will reject too? Sad.

Last edited:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I see you are an Ebionite. That makes you a Christian. How can you be a Karaite then, since that was a Jewish sect?

Where did you hear this nonsense, from some Xian website?
Don't you know that ALL the initial followers of Yeshua were Jews?
That Ebionites NEVER called themselves Xian? That's Roman, and
Ebionites where only in Judea, never in Rome? And were JEWS?
That when the Roman Xians discovered Ebionites they persecuted
and hunted them to extinction? Don't call me an Xian.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
All Christians have been programmed to reject anyone that doesn't follow the fraud that is
'Revelation' and declare them an antichrist
Um, I said with my original post in this thread that prophets are quite accepted in Christianity and it's a gift that any Christian can and should have. What is a prophet to you?

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Messiah? Are you sure about what you are speaking about?

You tell me, what (if any) concept for Messiah is in Islam?

Why is it sad? Are you declaring yourself a prophet?

Please explain.

Ha, I knew THAT would eventually appear in this thread, but I didn't expect it from you.

No, I don't think I even have a human soul, much less be any kind of ... well, anything.

firedragon

Veteran Member
You tell me, what (if any) concept for Messiah is in Islam?

Messiah in Islam is one identification, like Abraham is identified as friend of God. So I am not talking about Messiah as a concept or anything like that, you were speaking of a "future coming of a messiah". In the OP you spoke of prophets.

So this is a red herring.

Ha, I knew THAT would eventually appear in this thread, but I didn't expect it from you.

No, I don't think I even have a human soul, much less be any kind of ... well, anything.

Okay. So that's confirmed. You wouldn't believe, there are people here who say they see Jesus and Muhammed everyday and speak to them.

So why is it sad that Islam believes there are no more prophets to come?

Please explain.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Messiah in Islam is one identification, like Abraham is identified as friend of God. So I am not talking about Messiah as a concept or anything like that, you were speaking of a "future coming of a messiah". In the OP you spoke of prophets.

So this is a red herring.

Okay. So that's confirmed. You wouldn't believe, there are people here who say they see Jesus and Muhammed everyday and speak to them.

So why is it sad that Islam believes there are no more prophets to come?

Please explain.

Messiah = Prophet

No Prophet, NO Messiah

IDK what else to say? Red Herring? How, when the two are linked?

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
So why is that sad?

I am trying to understand your reason for your position.

What's to understand? Humans are extinct, but they don't know it.

This experiment is done. A failure to use monkeys, they're too evil.

The next universe, created in eight days, in the garden of Eden will be a human.
Evil, of course, cursed to slither on it's belly all of it's days.

firedragon

Veteran Member
What's to understand? Humans are extinct, but they don't know it.

This experiment is done. A failure to use monkeys, they're too evil.

The next universe, created in eight days, in the garden of Eden will be a human.
Evil, of course, cursed to slither on it's belly all of it's days.

The question is, why is it sad that there are no more prophets?

I have asked this many times from you. But you are not answering for some reason.

Why is it sad that there are no more prophets?

Brian2

Veteran Member
There is a general consensus among Jews that for us, there can be no prophecy outside of the land of Israel. Most prophets in the Tanakh are warning the people that they risk being kicked out of the Land by their actions.

Maybe that is part of the reason that Daniel is not seen as a prophet but as a seer.

Wandering Monk

Where did you hear this nonsense, from some Xian website?
Don't you know that ALL the initial followers of Yeshua were Jews?
That Ebionites NEVER called themselves Xian? That's Roman, and
Ebionites where only in Judea, never in Rome? And were JEWS?
That when the Roman Xians discovered Ebionites they persecuted
and hunted them to extinction? Don't call me an Xian.

Ebionites are not recognized as Jewish by any Jewish authorities or the Law of Return.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I personally couldn't possibly believe in a prophet, as the entire idea that one guy could have than much power is preposterous to me. Besides, it reeks of hero worship. But if it helps you in your religious life, go for it.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Ebionites are not recognized as Jewish by any Jewish authorities or the Law of Return.

Neither are Messianic Jews or for that matter Karaites (IDK about the status for Law of Return)
Most Xians wouldn't consider Ebionites or Messianic Jews to be Xian.

SO WHAT. Both of my labels are about rejecting all these as being authorities over them.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I personally couldn't possibly believe in a prophet, as the entire idea that one guy could have than much power is preposterous to me. Besides, it reeks of hero worship. But if it helps you in your religious life, go for it.

Not necessarily. The Torah's only praise for Moses was for his humility.