• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would some mediums be "light-ability" and some "dark-ability"?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In witchcraft, if I'm not mistaken, some people have referred to forms of magic as "white magic" (of light) and "black magic" (of darkness).

I was wondering if the same is true for psychics - that is, "white" psychics, and "black" psychics?

And can a happy-go-lucky, cheerful, kind person have a darker form of esp such that when they tap into their esp, if they tap into it, they can be considered a black psychic?

Or is it more like, that person just has trauma, so when they use their abilities, they manifest as black abilities? But if they get past their trauma, and focus more on the light - their abilities will tend to always manifest as light?

I have my personal opinion on this subject that I'll talk about, if asked.

I'm going to @ @Sgt. Pepper if she wants to respond, but this is such a loaded question (to some extent), that if she doesn't have anything to say on the subject, I won't have any problem with it, either.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
In witchcraft, if I'm not mistaken, some people have referred to forms of magic as "white magic" (of light) and "black magic" (of darkness).

I think that is correct, but I could be mistaken.

I was wondering if the same is true for psychics - that is, "white" psychics, and "black" psychics?

That is correct. As explained on this website here, "A black psychic is a psychic who works primarily with "black" or "dark" energies. Black psychic energy is associated with femininity, water, night, death, peace, acceptance, nothingness. While white psychic energy can be described as offering or giving, black psychic energy is accepting or taking." I hope that the information I provided helps you.

And can a happy-go-lucky, cheerful, kind person have a darker form of esp such that when they tap into their esp, if they tap into it, they can be considered a black psychic?

Or is it more like, that person just has trauma, so when they use their abilities, they manifest as black abilities? But if they get past their trauma, and focus more on the light - their abilities will tend to always manifest as light?

I can't speak for other psychic mediums, but in my experience, the amount of trauma I suffered as a child hasn't hindered my psychic medium ability to communicate with and interact with earthbound human spirits. I generally focus on positive energies and avoid negative energies that drain me physically and emotionally. I learned to fully embrace and hone in on my psychic medium abilities, and I haven't had any mental blockages as a result of the childhood trauma I endured. That being said, I struggled for the majority of my life with my medium abilities before learning to accept and embrace them. I didn't have someone to talk to about what I was going through growing up since I never told anyone else about how I could see, hear, and sense the presence of earthbound human spirits.

It was a very lonely time in my life because I didn't understand what was happening to me and was afraid to tell anyone. That is the main reason I'm so determined to help my 19-year-old daughter, whose psychic mediumship abilities almost rival mine, and my other children, all of whom have varying degrees of the four Clairs. I don't want my children to ever experience the loneliness that I felt.

I would like to hear your opinion. Also, my inbox is always open if you would like to talk privately.

I'm going to @ @Sgt. Pepper if she wants to respond, but this is such a loaded question (to some extent), that if she doesn't have anything to say on the subject, I won't have any problem with it, either.

I don't mind answering your questions.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Delineation of magick into "black" and "white" is controversial and not universally agreed upon by practitioner of spellcraft. It mainly has appeal to those who accept a dualistic worldview. The case is similar for other paradigms applied to other areas where there is a "good versus evil" overtone (e.g., with psychics) - it appeals to those who accept dualism. If dualism works for you, definitely make use of this map of the territory as it makes a lot of sense for you to do so. Otherwise? It might make more sense to leave it behind, along with other dualistic concepts that don't gel with how you understand reality.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I would like to hear your opinion. Also, my inbox is always open if you would like to talk privately.

I feel in my personal life, I try to be "good". I'll give one example:

I have been a member here for 3.5 years. I had a lot on my plate when I joined, including mental illness and other issues. Yet I've tried my hardest to overcome them. And I'm not saying there weren't difficult times along the way, but for me to come out from difficult situations, and have mostly positive things to say about things, I'd say that's progress.

However, when it comes to my potential esp abilities, they're a bit weird. My stories from my past are also weird. Basically, I feel I have this strong spiritual connection when I open myself up, and the only thing which scares me about opening it up, is what others think, and whether they'll think I'm crazy when I've already been on the whole journey of "overcoming obstacles in life for better mental health". But basically, I'll put it like this:

While sometimes, I can sense ghosts, it's not something I always focus on. Because I also feel that, when I open myself up, I can also channel much higher-level spirits, good and evil, than just focusing on the spirits of people who had passed. And another weird ability I feel that I have, is possibly the ability to open and close portals and wormholes, and the ability to possibly channel anger into a sort of spiritual force rather than a human emotion. If that makes sense.

So what I'm getting at, is I feel my life is going pretty well right now, overall. But I also feel that when I try to open up my paranormal/spiritual abilities, that I have some abilities which might seem a little unnatural to someone else who is on a more traditional path.

And I also believe that demons actually do exist, and that I have the ability to talk back to them. In fact, I haven't met a really powerful demon, in my life, where I felt that I "bit off more than I can chew". Not after I opened myself up and my spiritual senses, anyway.

But you may be more experienced on this subject than me though, and it could be my perception of what's going on just isn't as honed as it should be, to the extent I'm wrong.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Delineation of magick into "black" and "white" is controversial and not universally agreed upon by practitioner of spellcraft. It mainly has appeal to those who accept a dualistic worldview. The case is similar for other paradigms applied to other areas where there is a "good versus evil" overtone (e.g., with psychics) - it appeals to those who accept dualism. If dualism works for you, definitely make use of this map of the territory as it makes a lot of sense for you to do so. Otherwise? It might make more sense to leave it behind, along with other dualistic concepts that don't gel with how you understand reality.

I feel that eventually, I may move on from classifying things as dual, as I don't feel the interpretation of dual is perfect. As for when I'll do that though? I'm not quite ready yet.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I feel in my personal life, I try to be "good". I'll give one example:

I have been a member here for 3.5 years. I had a lot on my plate when I joined, including mental illness and other issues. Yet I've tried my hardest to overcome them. And I'm not saying there weren't difficult times along the way, but for me to come out from difficult situations, and have mostly positive things to say about things, I'd say that's progress.

However, when it comes to my potential esp abilities, they're a bit weird. My stories from my past are also weird. Basically, I feel I have this strong spiritual connection when I open myself up, and the only thing which scares me about opening it up, is what others think, and whether they'll think I'm crazy when I've already been on the whole journey of "overcoming obstacles in life for better mental health". But basically, I'll put it like this:

While sometimes, I can sense ghosts, it's not something I always focus on. Because I also feel that, when I open myself up, I can also channel much higher-level spirits, good and evil, than just focusing on the spirits of people who had passed. And another weird ability I feel that I have, is possibly the ability to open and close portals and wormholes, and the ability to possibly channel anger into a sort of spiritual force rather than a human emotion. If that makes sense.

So what I'm getting at, is I feel my life is going pretty well right now, overall. But I also feel that when I try to open up my paranormal/spiritual abilities, that I have some abilities which might seem a little unnatural to someone else who is on a more traditional path.

And I also believe that demons actually do exist, and that I have the ability to talk back to them. In fact, I haven't met a really powerful demon, in my life, where I felt that I "bit off more than I can chew". Not after I opened myself up and my spiritual senses, anyway.

But you may be more experienced on this subject than me though, and it could be my perception of what's going on just isn't as honed as it should be, to the extent I'm wrong.

I don't think that your perception is incorrect, and I advise caution in these situations. When I first started using my psychic medium abilities, I learned the hard way that what I tried wasn't safe and that there were better ways to communicate with and interact with the dead and non-human entities. In my personal opinion, you should only do what you are comfortable with and go as far as you are comfortable with. That is exactly what I do. When I'm asked to contact someone's deceased loved one, for instance, I've used a spirit board once, and I never channel spirits. I learned by trial and error, so I can help others like me avoid making the same mistakes I did.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't think that your perception is incorrect, and I advise caution in these situations. When I first started using my psychic medium abilities, I learned the hard way that what I tried wasn't safe and that there were better ways to communicate with and interact with the dead and non-human entities. In my personal opinion, you should only do what you are comfortable with and go as far as you are comfortable with. That is exactly what I do. When I'm asked to contact someone's deceased loved one, for instance, I've used a spirit board once, and I never channel spirits. I learned by trial and error, so I can help others like me avoid making the same mistakes I did.

I see.

I think the problem for me, is that I'm somehow putting out strong force when I open myself up, and yet I lack the patience and gentleness currently to properly tame it.

One time I was practicing magic in the basement. And I sensed that there was a portal opened. So I sat down and tried to focus to close it. But it wouldn't close easily. So then I got frustrated, and I perceived in my spirit sense that my focus on energy, yet lack of concentration, caused my focus to kind of bounce off and create a second portal.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I see.

I think the problem for me, is that I'm somehow putting out strong force when I open myself up, and yet I lack the patience and gentleness currently to properly tame it.

One time I was practicing magic in the basement. And I sensed that there was a portal opened. So I sat down and tried to focus to close it. But it wouldn't close easily. So then I got frustrated, and I perceived in my spirit sense that my focus on energy, yet lack of concentration, caused my focus to kind of bounce off and create a second portal.

I'm not sure what your age is, but I was 36 when I finally learned how to control my psychic medium abilities. It took me two long and difficult years to learn to control my abilities rather than allow them to control me. I consider myself fortunate to have met another psychic medium with many more years of experience who was willing to befriend and mentor me. Personally, I believe you can learn to control your abilities as well.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm not sure what your age is, but I was 36 when I finally learned how to control my psychic medium abilities. It took me two long and difficult years to learn to control my abilities rather than allow them to control me. I consider myself fortunate to have met another psychic medium with many more years of experience who was willing to befriend and mentor me. In all honesty, it made all the difference in the world to me. Personally, I believe you can learn to control your abilities as well.

I'm 33, but I had a tragic event happen in my life in the past which led to a learning disorder to overcome and some steps backwards in progress, etc, so my mental age is more like 18, in my opinion.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm very sorry that happened to you.

It's okay. About 11 or so years ago, I overdosed on caffeine. Something I've told the forum before, but that I don't often bring up much, because some people seem skeptical... they tend to think things like "I drank 8 cups of coffee, and things never bothered me", not realizing that drinking much too much caffeine is kind of like playing with a rubber band and stretching it too far - where most of the time, the rubber band will stay, but if that rubber band breaks, it can be catastrophic.

Caffeine overdose can also induce dementia or a form of it in some cases. Though I feel it [may] not always be permanent.

In my case, it induced a few things, but I'm progressively getting better. There hasn't really ever been a year where I didn't show progress.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I can't imagine anyone calling themselves a 'medium' could be light or dark. By definition they'd be inbetween. Sorta gray. Ahem...
:)

Ahem...don't worry, I'll show myself out after that one.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I can't imagine anyone calling themselves a 'medium' could be light or dark. By definition they'd be inbetween. Sorta gray. Ahem...

Ahem...don't worry, I'll show myself out after that one.

Careful about starting puns on this forum. There are a lot of dads and wanna-be dads, and a particular admin who probably has a treasure trove of them just waiting for the right moment, so you might be writing a check that your rump can't cash. ;)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Careful about starting puns on this forum. There are a lot of dads and wanna-be dads, and a particular admin who probably has a treasure trove of them just waiting for the right moment, so you might be writing a check that your rump can't cash. ;)

I'm a dad thrice over, so bring it.

As for writing a check my rump can't cash, honestly, that sounds like a lot of bull.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Another:

ghost-puns-15-618x507.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I warned you...

If the Earth was flat, and soda was left out too long, would it get an Earthy flavor?

Entirely depends if it was left on land or water. Although thinking that you'd leave soda on the water is probably just a fanta sea.