• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would God approve homosexual "unions"

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
John 5

19 Jesus therefore responded and said to them, `Verily, verily, I say to you, The Son is not able to do anything of himself, if he may not see the Father doing anything; for whatever things He may do, these also the Son in like manner doth;

20 for the Father doth love the Son, and doth shew to him all things that He himself doth; and greater works than these He will shew him, that ye may wonder.

21 `For, as the Father doth raise the dead, and doth make alive, so also the Son doth make alive whom he willeth;

22 for neither doth the Father judge any one, but all the judgment He hath given to the Son,

23 that all may honour the Son according as they honour the Father; he who is not honouring the Son, doth not honour the Father who sent him.

24 `Verily, verily, I say to you -- He who is hearing my word, and is believing Him who sent me, hath life age-during, and to judgment he doth not come, but hath passed out of the death to the life.

25 `Verily, verily, I say to you -- There cometh an hour, and it now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and those having heard shall live;

26 for, as the Father hath life in himself, so He gave also to the Son to have life in himself,

27 and authority He gave him also to do judgment, because he is Son of Man.

The Father is not a judge. Judgement is reserved for them who did not create, sustain, and know all things.

Can honor be maintained within homosexual relationships? I can assure you, wherever honor is maintained between two or three (i.e. any consensual, democratic relationship), there I am in the midst. If the Father has given and maintained honor between them, I am not to judge His will, let alone think to destroy it. If their honor is infringed upon unjustly, the honor of the Father is infringed upon.

Your judgement is blinding you, @C-Faith, so that the greater works that God has done are not seen. You will not wonder at these truths, because the judges that preceded you have given you a judge that is not your Father.

Unfathomable Tao

Student of the Way
I don't see what Biblical marriage has to do with secular marriage. Every belief system just about has its own marriage ideas and customs. So does secularism. What's the issue?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
As this is an old post, and I there's been many replies in which I am not sure covered all the chapters, please visit this link:
gaychristian101.com

it shows each chapter in actual context, and explains the mistranslations of Corinthians.

I clicked the link. Then I clicked the link for:
Ask a question about gays and being a Christian and get an honest answer.

The owner is no longer taking questions. Is any other part of the website of more value?
Tom

Animore

Best for what?
I am nearly 60. I have lived my entire life in a Christian world. I know Christianity extremely well.

Why do you think a website will change anything? Especially one that doesn't actually function?
Tom
It does function quite well. Use the sidebar. Scroll down on the home page until you see "What the Bible Says". Those are the links explaining. The link:

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Contact-Us.html was the next best decision for asking him a question. You understand now?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It does function quite well. Use the sidebar. Scroll down on the home page until you see "What the Bible Says". Those are the links explaining. The link:

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Contact-Us.html was the next best decision for asking him a question. You understand now?
Why would I do this?
I am all too well aware of Christian teachings about me.
I followed your link. I didn't expect anything new and I didn't get anything new. Same old same old.

"We can't answer your question. Please rephrase it to suit us".
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why would anyone click one of those links? Are they going to provide evidence that the Christians around me are unaware of?
If so, why not direct it at them?
Tom

Animore

Why would anyone click one of those links? Are they going to provide evidence that the Christians around me are unaware of?
If so, why not direct it at them?
Tom
You asked why this website would "change anything." They give contextual evidence proving that homosexuality is not a sin. Unless I took that out of context, and you meant why it would change your belief.

Animore

You keep ignoring what I actually ask.
So, let me rephrase this yet again. Why would I find your website more convincing than the Christians I am surrounded by?
Tom
Then answer my question first. What are you asking? If it is a sin, or if this would change your beliefs?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Then answer my question first. What are you asking?
Why would I believe you and not the Christians around me?
If it is a sin, or if this would change your beliefs?
Neither. My beliefs are always subject to change. If there is a God, such as Abrahamic religionists teach about, He already knows how easy I am to convince. He knows exactly why I believe what I do, better than I do.

Sin has nothing important to do with anything. It was made up to keep people in line and changes with the times. That's why you have a different opinion about it than your Christian forebears.
The ones I learned Christianity from.
Tom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Nature enables, culture forbids. "Sin" is a construct of culture. As Muslims might say, "Insha'Allah," "if God wills." If God wills otherwise, it does not happen. Homosexuality (and quite a wide variety of other sexualities) exists, and therefore -- "Insha'Allah!"

Humans, on the other hand, are another matter -- we're capable of disapproving of pretty much anything and everything -- and being very nasty about our disapprovals, when we want to be.