• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would God approve homosexual "unions"

Animore

Why would I believe you and not the Christians around me?

Neither. My beliefs are always subject to change. If there is a God, such as Abrahamic religionists teach about, He already knows how easy I am to convince. He knows exactly why I believe what I do, better than I do.

Sin has nothing important to do with anything. It was made up to keep people in line and changes with the times. That's why you have a different opinion about it than your Christian forebears.
The ones I learned Christianity from.
Tom
You should not believe that is a sin in the Christian perspective, because of one simple thing:

Christians, either because of looking at the context falsely or making a false translation. Over the years, our God's word has been translated from so many different authors, then translated again, and again, using inspiration from the same mistranslations. With proof, from the Greek and Hebrew scripture, we can safely say that the Bible does not talk about loving, committed, homosexual relationships that do not revolve around cults. Christians who do not realize this mistranslation/do not bother to look at the original Greek and Hebrew scripture are persecuting homosexual Christians because of this false translation. You should believe me because there is proof (historical proof, I might add, I know I've misused this word but there's plenty of it) found in this website bringing the false accusations to light. If you don't believe me, believe the evidence, because it's right there to look at.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You should not believe that is a sin in the Christian perspective, because of one simple thing:

Christians, either because of looking at the context falsely or making a false translation. Over the years, our God's word has been translated from so many different authors, then translated again, and again, using inspiration from the same mistranslations. With proof, from the Greek and Hebrew scripture, we can safely say that the Bible does not talk about loving, committed, homosexual relationships that do not revolve around cults. Christians who do not realize this mistranslation/do not bother to look at the original Greek and Hebrew scripture are persecuting homosexual Christians because of this false translation. You should believe me because there is proof (historical proof, I might add, I know I've misused this word but there's plenty of it) found in this website bringing the false accusations to light. If you don't believe me, believe the evidence, because it's right there to look at.
If Christians can be so wrong, for so long, why would anyone think it is from God?
Tom

Animore

If Christians can be so wrong, for so long, why would anyone think it is from God?
Tom
What do you mean? Christians believe that scripture is the inspired Word of God. It is just that Christians who have not found these biased translations to be biased believe these mistranslations, and judge people according. All Christians believe (or most at least) that the Greek and Hebrew scriptures are the work of the Holy Spirit in men, writing either what God told them, what they heard from God, they're visions and prophecies involving things to come that was given from God, or events in the life of followers of God/ Jesus, with the Holy Spirit helping them guide their hands.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What do you mean?
I mean exactly what I asked.
Christians believe that scripture is the inspired Word of God.
But nobody knows what that is. Does it include slavery? It used to. Does it mean that I am a hell bound sinner? A majority of educated Christians thought so, quite recently. If it is not a majority now, I am not sure why they changed the Word of God. But they did.
It is just that Christians who have not found these biased translations to be biased believe these mistranslations, and judge people according.
If the Word of God is such a mess, why bother with it?
Maybe Muhammad was right? God isn't able to reliably deliver the Word of God to His human children?

If the Bible has been incorrectly interpreted for 2000 years, why would I believe that you suddenly have the right understanding?
Tom

Last edited:

Animore

I mean exactly what I asked.
But nobody knows what that is.
Sure they do The inspired word of God is the Bible.
Does it include slavery? It used to.
Does it mean that I am a hell bound sinner? A majority of educated Christians thought so, quite recently. If it is not a majority now, I am not sure why they changed the Word of God. But they did.
Sure did, in the law of the Old Testament. You know it says in the New Testament? "Christians are not under law, but under grace." You cannot use something attacking Christianity when it is taught in the New Testament, the main focus of Christianity, to not follow such teachings. It is not "the Word of God changed." I Christians' view, Jesus fulfilled the law, thus it is obsolete.[/QUOTE]
If the Word of God is such a mess, why bother with it?
It is not a mess, if you give the effort to decipher what is truth and what is lies. It literally takes a couple of minutes to look up the difference between malakoi and arsenakoite. Then you're off the hook.
Maybe Muhammad was right? God isn't able to reliably deliver the Word of God to His human children?
No He's perfectly able to. It's the humans that can't reliably translate two simple Greek words and look at the context instead of that passage alone.
If the Bible has been incorrectly interpreted for 2000 years, why would I believe that you suddenly have the right understanding?
Tom
I'm not claiming to have perfect understanding of the whole Bible. I'm claiming to have understanding over a passage that has been mistranslated out of either bias, or stubbornness.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
t claiming to have perfect understanding of the whole Bible. I'm claiming to have understanding over a passage that has been mistranslated out of either bias, or stubbornness.
You keep ignoring my questions and delivering answers to the questions you wish I had asked.

So, let me ask you one more time. As clearly as I can.

Why should I believe you instead of the vast majority of Christians over the course of the millenia?
Tom

Animore

You keep ignoring my questions and delivering answers to the questions you wish I had asked.

So, let me ask you one more time. As clearly as I can.

Why should I believe you instead of the vast majority of Christians over the course of the millenia?
Tom
"Christians, either because of looking at the context falsely or making a false translation. Over the years, our God's word has been translated from so many different authors, then translated again, and again, using inspiration from the same mistranslations. With proof, from the Greek and Hebrew scripture, we can safely say that the Bible does not talk about loving, committed, homosexual relationships that do not revolve around cults. Christians who do not realize this mistranslation/do not bother to look at the original Greek and Hebrew scripture are persecuting homosexual Christians because of this false translation. You should believe me because there is proof (historical proof, I might add, I know I've misused this word but there's plenty of it) found in this website bringing the false accusations to light. If you don't believe me, believe the evidence, because it's right there to look at."

I literally had answered it an hour ago.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
"Christians, either because of looking at the context falsely or making a false translation. Over the years, our God's word has been translated from so many different authors, then translated again, and again, using inspiration from the same mistranslations.
Well, at least we can agree on that part. Ancient people were highly prone to misunderstanding, mistranslations, and other forms of "not getting it".

So why would I believe in trinitarianism? It isn't even really in the Bible at all. Believing in it requires believing that Abraham and Moses and Samuel and all those people simply overlooked Jesus and the Holy Ghost, the very nature of their God.
Why do you suppose that might be?
Tom

Animore

Believing in it requires believing that Abraham and Moses and Samuel and all those people simply overlooked Jesus and the Holy Ghost, the very nature of their God.
Why do you suppose that might be?
Tom
Actually, they didn't really overlook it. In Genesis 1:26, God said, "Let us make man in Our image..." See the OUR there? Moses obviously didn't overlook it.
So why would I believe in trinitarianism? It isn't even really in the Bible at all.

Well, of course they didn't. The name "Holy Trinity was created somewhere in the fourteenth century. However, the Bible speaks of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit being the same God. Passages being on:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html
The passages include Jesus speaking of the Holy Spirit, Himself, and the Father basically being One.