• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Allah forgive an ex-Satanist?

delete_me

I've heard conflicting opinions on this matter, so I'm a bit confused. Indeed Allah is most merciful, but does his mercy extend to those who deliberately chose sin and to actively live for Satan? Say this Satanist came to a realization that they were being deceived to indulge in their lower selves and sought forgiveness, would Allah bless them with His mercy and forgiveness?

Sakeenah

I've heard conflicting opinions on this matter, so I'm a bit confused. Indeed Allah is most merciful, but does his mercy extend to those who deliberately chose sin and to actively live for Satan? Say this Satanist came to a realization that they were being deceived to indulge in their lower selves and sought forgiveness, would Allah bless them with His mercy and forgiveness?

Hi hikmat,

Whoever repents sincerely, Allah accepts his repentance and Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. He has promised the one who repents to Him that He will forgive him his sins. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’”

[al-Zumar 39:53]

And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds; then verily, he repents towards Allaah with true repentance”

[al-Furqaan 25:70-71]

delete_me

Hello Hikmat,

I am responding only as I have seen most of your questions go unanswered and you have asked for a response in another thread. Also, I do not think this should go unanswered for someone that is desperately searching. But since this is a place for Islam I feel it would be best if someone of that faith would answer, so this will be my only reply here as I identify as Christian. If you would like a larger response it might be better to post in a more general section. However, more is not necessarily better.

I know in my belief you would be able to. From what I know I would feel yours would allow it also with repentance. I do feel what you must be feeling is weighing pretty hard on you and hope if no one responds here, you will seek someone out. Because as you said Allah is most merciful, and I am sure he is waiting for you.

Thank you for the response, really means a lot. I'm new to the site so I'm still learning where the appropriate places to post are. Peace be with you.

Hi hikmat,

Whoever repents sincerely, Allah accepts his repentance and Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. He has promised the one who repents to Him that He will forgive him his sins. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’”

[al-Zumar 39:53]

And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds; then verily, he repents towards Allaah with true repentance”

[al-Furqaan 25:70-71]

Alhamdulillah, I spoke to the Imam of my local Masjid last night and shared with me a few words of wisdom that I didn't expect to hear. I have came to the conclusion that if I am truly seeking repentance and am truly sorry for my transgressions, then Allah will see it in my heart and show mercy, inshallah. Thank you for the respsonse, peace be with you.

Sakeenah

Alhamdulillah, I spoke to the Imam of my local Masjid last night and shared with me a few words of wisdom that I didn't expect to hear. I have came to the conclusion that if I am truly seeking repentance and am truly sorry for my transgressions, then Allah will see it in my heart and show mercy, inshallah. Thank you for the respsonse, peace be with you.

Alhamdulilah I'm glad to hear that. Just keep reminding yourself that Allah's Mercy is great and don't be too hard on yourself.
May Allah accept it from you and make you among those who will receive His Love and Mercy.

delete_me

Alhamdulilah I'm glad to hear that. Just keep reminding yourself that Allah's Mercy is great and don't be too hard on yourself.
May Allah accept it from you and make you among those who will receive His Love and Mercy.
Mashallah, thanks brother, you have a great day and may you be blessed.

Yasin-shalal

Yasin-shalal

He sure will.

39:53
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.'

By the way, I have sometimes found sincere Tawbah, as hard as moving mountains and some other time as easy as an apple.
Tawba (Part One)

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Salam :)
If you become a Muslim,for sure you will be forgiven by Allah.