• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World War III

Is WWIII in humanity's near future? (within the next 50 years)

• Total voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course it's inevitable, given how long the future is.
But will it be soon? I don't know, but I'm concerned about US + Israel vs Iran + <??????>

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Of course it's inevitable, given how long the future is.
But will it be soon? I don't know, but I'm concerned about US + Israel vs Iran + <??????>

I try to be optimistic, so I voted No. Unfortunately, I agree that it is inevitable that we'll either blast ourselves back to the stone age, or cause our extinction. Idealistically I'm an optimist, but pragmatically I'm a misanthrope.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I try to be optimistic, so I voted No. Unfortunately, I agree that it is inevitable that we'll either blast ourselves back to the stone age, or cause our extinction. Idealistically I'm an optimist, but pragmatically I'm a misanthrope.
I can't remember if I voted "NO" or IDK. Bad brain!

MissAlice

It seems no matter how much the cost and the lives, people are always aching for a war. If there is a world war, I predict it will be much more destructive than we imagined. It's something I hope doesn't take place. But hope won't do much as bad apples will always ache for a fight, a fight that leaves little impact but a loss of lives. With the way our weapons are, there's no telling how many more lives and habitat will be lost than in the previous world wars.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Humanity's failure to sufficiently address overpopulation and mismanagement of natural resources virtually ensures war and unrest will break out when the proverbial $#@% hits the fan. It already has in some places. War, conflict, and unrest are essential components of humanity.

dust1n

Zindīq
If there is a WWIII, I doubt nukes will be dropped. Guns, bombs, planes, and tanks seem to be far more profitable.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
If there is a WWIII, I doubt nukes will be dropped. Guns, bombs, planes, and tanks seem to be far more profitable.

It depends who has the nukes. Crazy people can't be trusted to be rational. :no:

Awoon

Kruschev told Kennedy during the Cuban missile crisis. If we use nuclear weapons God will never forgive us.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
As for the OP, yes, I think the world will see a major conflict in the next 50 years. Don't know if nukes will be involved or not though. I see the middle east as likely being the conflagration point, but the declining power of the US and the power vacuum that that leaves, being a major contributing force.

dust1n

Zindīq
Let's say Iran & Israel go to war.
Let's say Iran does better than expected.
I can see Israel nuking them.

Maybe... I can see Israel not existing hours later...

EDIT: I wouldn't think America would retaliate against anyone who tossed out their nukes. We certainly aren't going to risk anything like that... then again, we got two oceans to block us indefinitely.

Last edited: