1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Religion Final Paper

Discussion in 'The Interview Place' started by Alex Parrish, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Alex Parrish

Alex Parrish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Religion:
    Christianity
    Hello, my name is Alex and I have to interview at least two people for my final paper in world religion. I've looked locally to try and find some people but it's been difficult. I only have a few questions.

1) Were you born into your religion or did you convert? If you converted, why?
    2) What do you like best and least about your religion?
    3) What do you think are some of the major misconceptions of your religion?
    4) Have you ever been discriminated against because of your religion? How did you respond to this?
    5) Would you ever consider exploring other religions?
    6) How do you view other religions?
    7) What does your religion mean to you?

If you could leave just a first name for a reference that would be great. Thank You!

2. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Sorry, just trying to sort the NONSENSE
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,307
    Religion:
    I hope there is something out there that is smarter than me.
    I'm Ellen:

1) Were you born into your religion or did you convert? If you converted, why?
    I got no religious training until I was in my late 20s. It was obvious that I needed some help with my family and went looking for it.

2) What do you like best and least about your religion?
    I'm 72 and have been Evangelical, Muslim, Mormon, and finally Abrahamic Religionist. If you keep the "religion and dogma" out of it, God is very believable. I dislike the fact that so many religious are fast to condemn others.

3) What do you think are some of the major misconceptions of your religion?
    So many think that God is an angry, condemning God. He is full of mercy.

4) Have you ever been discriminated against because of your religion? How did you respond to this?
    I think every religion discriminates against all the rest. Christians and Mormons were the very worst. Jesus said that if they will not hear you, then clean the dust off your feet and move on.

5) Would you ever consider exploring other religions?
    I've done all that and it was fruitless.

6) How do you view other religions?
    May each receive mercy from the Creator. What I think is unimportant.

7) What does your religion mean to you?
    For me it is God only, Jesus as the intermediary between He and I.
    Micah 6:8 is the most important scripture.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg A World Citizen
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,335
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Hi Alex.Tony is my name

I found the Baha'i Faith when I was 26. I was attracted by the teaching of the Oneness of humanity.

I find it enjoyable to challenge ones self to do better, what is not so good is knowing how much change must still be made within my own self.

As Baha'u'llah teaches that all Humanity are one People and that all Faiths are from the same God, many see this is a threat to their belief.

This is not in practice so. What happens is a diversity of belief all recognising the source as One God.

As a Baha'i, its like the new kid on the block. I try not to react to these situations if they arise, it takes effort and wisdom, which at times is hard to find.

When I came a Baha'i it opened the doors to explore a lot more Faiths than I would have ever considered. Personally I search them for myself, as it is hard to sort out what is original wrotings in a lot of faiths

I see all the Major Faiths were all given by the same God. Thus I see all Good is from God and all that is not good is made up by man.

It is life. I can not imaging living without my Faith now.

All the best to you in the future.

Regards Tony

• Like Like x 1
  4. PureX

PureX Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,195
    Religion:
    Philosophical Taoist/Christian
    I was raised Catholic, but have since developed my own theology. It's a combination of taoist and Christian philosophy.
    It's not religious. It's fluid, and non-dogmatic.
    That we can "know God", and that 'faith' is pretending that we do.
    Who cares? Not me.
    Why would I want to adopt someone else's religion when I can create my own?
    As other people's business, mostly. I assume that what works best for them is what is best for them.
    It is my 'way of being'.
    Feel free to invent one for me. How about "Norman"?

#4 PureX, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,456
    1) Convert, former religion did Not match Scripture (Jesus' teachings)
    2) What I like best is the matching with Scripture (Jesus' teachings). Can't think of a least.
    3) Major misconception is: about who is Jesus - John 10:36.
    4) Often discriminated, respond with trying to find out why - Matthew 10:22.
    5) Did explore (past tense).
    6) Other religions are out of harmony with what the Bible really teaches, with what we can learn from the Bible.
    7) Means to me: The hallowing of God's name, leading to everlasting life not just heaven for some, but 'everlasting life on Earth' starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth when there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as promised at Revelation 22:2 and as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

I too like Micah 6:8 (Deuteronomy 10:12-14; John 13:34-35) so put down Micah as reference name.

• Like Like x 1