• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Peace is Possible and Will Happen

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Russian invasion of Ukraine is real. It is not invented or imagined.
Yes, but did Putin invent reasons to justify the invasion? A civil war could easily start in the U.S. all based on invented and imagined things about election fraud. And each side is united over what they believe about what is wrong and evil about the other side.

muhammad_isa

For Baha'is... How's the plan going? For others... What do you think? Will it work?
The "plan" will not work..
However, God's plan will. :)

Mankind is now on the brink of destruction. There has been no time in man's history that we have reached this point.
i.e. skyscrapers worldwide .. social upheaval .. climate change etc.

It's going to get worse..
..until we reach a point where God sends Jesus back as a unifying force that will unite believers against evil, and annihilate it.

A time of peace and global wealth for all will follow. Amen.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The "plan" will not work..
However, God's plan will. :)

Mankind is now on the brink of destruction. There has been no time in man's history that we have reached this point.
i.e. skyscrapers worldwide .. social upheaval .. climate change etc.

It's going to get worse..
..until we reach a point where God sends Jesus back as a unifying force that will unite believers against evil, and annihilate it.

A time of peace and global wealth for all will follow. Amen.
Well, that's the thing. The Baha'i claim is that their prophet is the return of Christ. And that the plan he brought is from God and will work. A typical question I ask Baha'is is... Are there any prophesies that say the Messiah will return, he will be imprisoned, die and then the world falls into tribulations? I agree with you. That when the Christ, or Jesus, returns, he unites the world and gets rid of evil. However, that type of "literal" thinking and interpretations are explained away by Baha'is, and they say those verses that imply or say such things are meant to be taken literally.

But... they have a peace plan. We can all read it and evaluate it. And that's the question... Will such a plan work?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, but did Putin invent reasons to justify the invasion? A civil war could easily start in the U.S. all based on invented and imagined things about election fraud. And each side is united over what they believe about what is wrong and evil about the other side.

For Baha'is, truthfulness is the foundation of all human virtue. Independent investigation of reality is another core principle.

The United Nations has made clear statements about the legitimacy of the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. No court in the USA has supported the narrative that the 2020 election in the USA was stolen.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
For Baha'is, truthfulness is the foundation of all human virtue. Independent investigation of reality is another core principle.

The United Nations has made clear statements about the legitimacy of the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. No court in the USA has supported the narrative that the 2020 election in the USA was stolen.
So, does that mean that there are no Baha'is that support any of the election deniers? Because what is really strange is some Christian do support them. Plus, the "Maga" people say that the other guys are the liars. It's amazing how people see and believe whatever they want to. But we know that's true in religion too. Clear facts to one are pure lies to another.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, does that mean that there are no Baha'is that support any of the election deniers? Because what is really strange is some Christian do support them. Plus, the "Maga" people say that the other guys are the liars. It's amazing how people see and believe whatever they want to. But we know that's true in religion too. Clear facts to one are pure lies to another.

Individual Baha'i can have their own personal opinion, with this in mind.

".... Shoghi Effendi wrote that Bahá’ís are to “refrain from associating themselves, whether by word or by deed, with the political pursuits of their respective nations, with the policies of their governments and the schemes and programs of parties and factions.” In political controversies, they “should assign no blame, take no side, further no design, and identify themselves with no system prejudicial to the best interests” of their “world-wide Fellowship”. They are called to “avoid the entanglements and bickerings inseparable from the pursuits of the politician”. And they are to “rise above all particularism and partisanship, above the vain disputes, the petty calculations, the transient passions that agitate the face, and engage the attention, of a changing world.” Bahá’ís and Bahá’í institutions should not take positions on the political decisions of governments, including disputes among governments of different nations; should refrain from becoming involved in debates surrounding any political controversy; and should not react, orally or otherwise, in a manner that could be taken as evidence of support for a partisan political stance. It is not for a Bahá’í, in offering social commentary, to vilify specific individuals, organizations, or governments or to make attacks on them. Indeed, the Guardian specifically cautioned the friends against referring to political figures in their public remarks, whether in criticism or support...."

Full letter from Universal House of Justice

27 April 2017 – [To an individual] | Bahá’í Reference Library

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Individual Baha'i can have their own personal opinion, with this in mind.

".... Shoghi Effendi wrote that Bahá’ís are to “refrain from associating themselves, whether by word or by deed, with the political pursuits of their respective nations, with the policies of their governments and the schemes and programs of parties and factions.” In political controversies, they “should assign no blame, take no side, further no design, and identify themselves with no system prejudicial to the best interests” of their “world-wide Fellowship”. They are called to “avoid the entanglements and bickerings inseparable from the pursuits of the politician”. And they are to “rise above all particularism and partisanship, above the vain disputes, the petty calculations, the transient passions that agitate the face, and engage the attention, of a changing world.” Bahá’ís and Bahá’í institutions should not take positions on the political decisions of governments, including disputes among governments of different nations; should refrain from becoming involved in debates surrounding any political controversy; and should not react, orally or otherwise, in a manner that could be taken as evidence of support for a partisan political stance. It is not for a Bahá’í, in offering social commentary, to vilify specific individuals, organizations, or governments or to make attacks on them. Indeed, the Guardian specifically cautioned the friends against referring to political figures in their public remarks, whether in criticism or support...."

Full letter from Universal House of Justice

27 April 2017 – [To an individual] | Bahá’í Reference Library

Regards Tony
Then what do Baha'is in the U.S. do?
A civil war could easily start in the U.S. all based on invented and imagined things about election fraud. And each side is united over what they believe about what is wrong and evil about the other side.
Individuals are being "vilified"... and each side thinks the other side is wrong and evil. By voting for the candidate from either party, a Baha'i is taking sides.

I think the bigger lie is coming from the people and the person claiming that there were massive amounts of voter fraud... enough to change the results of the election.

If any Baha'i in the U.S. independently investigated the claim of massive fraud, I don't see how they could support any candidate that is making that claim. But then do they want to support the candidates on the other side?

So, to bring peace and unity to the whole world, what do Baha'is think should replace partician politics? You're still going to have some people that are conservative and some that are more liberal and some that are in the middle. Even if you don't call them that, or don't allow them to organize like that, they will still be there.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, to bring peace and unity to the whole world, what do Baha'is think should replace partician politics? You're still going to have some people that are conservative and some that are more liberal and some that are in the middle. Even if you don't call them that, or don't allow them to organize like that, they will still be there.

The requirements for this need to be considered by all the Nations.

The Baha'i offer a system that can be used globally, as it already is and works, but I see that will not be the case for a long time yet.

Regards Tony

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
As a Baha'i, I generally avoid commenting on political matters. Regardless, the claim that there was fraud to the extent it changed the election, appears a calculated fabrication with intent of subverting a legitimate election result. The extent this falsehood is propagated by those who know better and believed by so many, beggars belief and is a wake call for us all.

Sadly , religion, including evangelical Christianity in the USA is rife with this kind of nonsense.

ppp

As a Baha'i, I generally avoid commenting on political matters. Regardless, the claim that there was fraud to the extent it changed the election, appears a calculated fabrication with intent of subverting a legitimate election result. The extent this falsehood is propagated by those who know better and believed by so many, beggars belief and is a wake call for us all.

Sadly , religion, including evangelical Christianity in the USA is rife with this kind of nonsense.
I wonder how many Baha'i voted for marriage equality referendums before 2015.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
For Baha'is... How's the plan going? For others... What do you think? Will it work?
I find within what is stated the Baha'i are meant to support the final avatar, which I believe can be shown to be me, to help create world peace, and they like many before them, have turned it into a form of cultism, rather than true religion.

In my opinion. :innocent:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The answer you were looking for was, Only the moral ones.

I would offer that all people voted on what their moral conscience was telling them.

Which is relative to each individual and the democratic process allows for the majority voice.

Regards Tony

ppp

I would offer that all people voted on what their moral conscience was telling them.
I reject your offer. You lack the ability to know the basis on which any random person made a decision. And the fact that you think that all people performed an action on the same basis is ridiculous.

And your response is still irrelevant to my question.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I find within what is stated the Baha'i are meant to support the final avatar, which I believe can be shown to be me, to help create world peace, and they like many before them, have turned it into a form of cultism, rather than true religion.

Well, lots of people talk about peace and oneness. And some people claim to be The Guy. But... just between you and the Baha'is, we already have to opposing beliefs. What do they believe about you, and what do you believe about them? You both can't be right. But, for the sake of peace and oneness, do you both put aside your differences? I don't expect that would be possible, since you both believe you are the True prophet. Then add in all the other religions that believe they have The Truth. Can all the religions and all the people claiming to be sent by God have peace and oneness amongst themselves? Or will they always hold their position be spiritual rivals to each other?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Well, lots of people talk about peace and oneness. And some people claim to be The Guy. But... just between you and the Baha'is, we already have to opposing beliefs. What do they believe about you, and what do you believe about them? You both can't be right. But, for the sake of peace and oneness, do you both put aside your differences? I don't expect that would be possible, since you both believe you are the True prophet. Then add in all the other religions that believe they have The Truth. Can all the religions and all the people claiming to be sent by God have peace and oneness amongst themselves? Or will they always hold their position be spiritual rivals to each other?
Today I reread The Kitáb-i-Aqdas to readdress what it states, rather than people's opinions..

I agree with much of what was being stated in a Sufi mechanism of reading it; as it expounds on these ideas, and corrects many stringent Islamic rules.

The Oneness of Heaven in my understanding is that there are 24 aspects (Elohim) of the Source of reality (El); who interact with reality, as Source is beyond things.

Baha'u'llah recognizing himself as a Bodhisattva, I've got no problem with; same with anyone who dedicates themselves to that profound realization, and helps inspire others to do so.

In Heaven (Oneness) the Divine Council do not argue about who's book is best, as it is about who can do more to serve others.

I believe the Baha'i tests allocate for God to send someone to fix the message if it became corrupted (37), and God literally sent me to fix the Great Deception, before the Great Tribulation

Where Baha'u'llah said someone with the name of the city would come (84), where I believe we can exegetically show that is me by definition; especially with the wisdom God sent me with.

I'd say we can show many of the Avatars are on the same page (Oneness - True Faith); it is some of the other misconceptions made up by men, where it then becomes problematic - As some people are more inclined to follow the doctrine from the scholars, and thus often missing out on the Oneness from the Messengers.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Today I reread The Kitáb-i-Aqdas to readdress what it states, rather than people's opinions..

I agree with much of what was being stated in a Sufi mechanism of reading it; as it expounds on these ideas, and corrects many stringent Islamic rules.

The Oneness of Heaven in my understanding is that there are 24 aspects (Elohim) of the Source of reality (El); who interact with reality, as Source is beyond things.

Baha'u'llah recognizing himself as a Bodhisattva, I've got no problem with; same with anyone who dedicates themselves to that profound realization, and helps inspire others to do so.

In Heaven (Oneness) the Divine Council do not argue about who's book is best, as it is about who can do more to serve others.

I believe the Baha'i tests allocate for God to send someone to fix the message if it became corrupted (37), and God literally sent me to fix the Great Deception, before the Great Tribulation

Where Baha'u'llah said someone with the name of the city would come (84), where I believe we can exegetically show that is me by definition; especially with the wisdom God sent me with.

I'd say we can show many of the Avatars are on the same page (Oneness - True Faith); it is some of the other misconceptions made up by men, where it then becomes problematic - As some people are more inclined to follow the doctrine from the scholars, and thus often missing out on the Oneness from the Messengers.

I see that Baha'u'llah, to assist with unity within the Baha'i Faith, and as further guidance to all humanity, has given a clear message for us to consider.

This is that clear message.

"Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies. Nay, rather follow the bidding of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Wise."

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Page 346

Regards Tony