• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

working with demons

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
I am Wiccan and have no desire to convert to Satanism. However, I have come to the Theistic Satanism DIR with a question: How does one work with one's demons? I exorised and banished most of mine, and I don't know what to do with the rest of them. Fear seems to keep them in line. How do you work with something malevolent? With creatures that have such a mischievous side? With creatures prone to lying and manipulation? With demons? Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you just wanting input from Satanists?

I ask, because worshiping or working with "malevolent" entities is not unique to Satanism. Many, many Pagan gods aren't exactly fluffy bunnies and sparkly rainbows in spite of the tendency some Neopagans have to whitewash the nature of the gods. But I won't comment more on that unless asked, in case you really did just want input from Satanists (of which I am not).

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
I, myself, work with deities who are not, as you put it, "fluffy bunnies and sparkly rainbows". For example, I worship the Morrigan, phantom Lady of sex, conflict death, and terror. Though a lot of Wiccans whitewash her, she is as evil as she is good. Certain early Celts had a goddess of blight and disease.

My question is how to work with my own little imps? I do believe in demonic entities and evil spirits. I've had too many experiences of them to believe otherwise. I have some of them that are attached to me, and have been unable to remove them. What should I do with them? What are my options as far as interacting with them? I don't love them, and I find it so hard to respect them. All they do is harass me, torment me, twist my mind, project foreign thoughts and feelings into me, and so on. They are, well, evil. I have far more good spirits than evil spirits, but I have enough negative entities to cause me trouble. Most of them I have no hope for.

Yes, I am looking for input from Satanists.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I, myself, work with deities who are not, as you put it, "fluffy bunnies and sparkly rainbows". For example, I worship the Morrigan, phantom Lady of sex, conflict death, and terror. Though a lot of Wiccans whitewash her, she is as evil as she is good. Certain early Celts had a goddess of blight and disease.

My question is how to work with my own little imps? I do believe in demonic entities and evil spirits. I've had too many experiences of them to believe otherwise. I have some of them that are attached to me, and have been unable to remove them. What should I do with them? What are my options as far as interacting with them? I don't love them, and I find it so hard to respect them. All they do is harass me, torment me, twist my mind, project foreign thoughts and feelings into me, and so on. They are, well, evil. I have far more good spirits than evil spirits, but I have enough negative entities to cause me trouble. Most of them I have no hope for.

I am sorry for this loaded question, but what makes you think/believe these particular demons are for real and not just figments of your own imagination?

How do you know these things are just not mere thought forms? mental projections of your own 'inner demons'?

If you don't love/respect them, just turn to that one you do and continue to worship Him/Her and ignore these feral imps.

Demons feed on your attention to them - they crave it...they feed off your fear, anger and annoyance and the more you concentrate on it, the more you fight it, the more they will pester you.

So, you have either one of two choices - say 'bring it....do your worst then get lost because you are only wasting my time' or you can just simply ignore them straight off the bat. They'll try very hard to make you 'not ignore them', but place your full focus and awareness on something else at that time.

Eventually, they will get the hint and leave you alone.

Last edited:

Kemble

Mainstream Satanists, following the original tradition of 1966, think faith in Jujus either in the sky or earth are so much flights of fancy; bluntly nuts. And that would consitute the bulk of folks within the mature form of Satanism. But you will and are welcome to find answers from "fringe" Satanists who I think frankly are kiddos whipping their dicks around in the dark if not trying to scare mom and dad, then still dabbling in a judeo-christian framework.

Last edited:

Yadon

I am Wiccan and have no desire to convert to Satanism. However, I have come to the Theistic Satanism DIR with a question: How does one work with one's demons? I exorised and banished most of mine, and I don't know what to do with the rest of them. Fear seems to keep them in line. How do you work with something malevolent? With creatures that have such a mischievous side? With creatures prone to lying and manipulation? With demons? Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Having known and worked with theistic Satanists, its mostly a non issue. Banishing takes care of anything they don't want and they don't normally make them subordinates but see all the spirits that come to them as equals. Anything that won't treat them the same back are banished.

Though I don't understand why you are going to Satanists for this, it seems to assume that Wicca and Satanism have enough similarities to make the demonology of the two compatible when it's anything but. However as I said I've worked with Satanists before and even been taught by a couple so I can try to best answer from my own experience. But as I said for most Satanists the spirits they call on are equals, anything else that won't be fair to them are banished.

So....

In my experience spirits can only hurt you if you let them. This makes possessions, hauntings ect mostly a nonissue unless someone believes it is, will become, or might be an issue. More often than not the spirit is created and fed by the person until it gets out of control and takes a life of it's own. These are easily distinguished from real spirits in that they have a theme of problems or emotions the person is having. If a demon is causing a person an emotional reaction, chances are they are it's creator and it didn’t originate outside of them.

More practically speaking, I do have a few "demons" under my control. Fear works. So does hurting them and rewarding them according to what they do (but if they try to abuse a reward I give them the punishment is usually much worse, so far it's meant that defiance is very rare). Protecting them even can let them know that while they are your property you still don't want them being mauled. So long as they know that it's in their best interests to follow you and listen to you and do everything you say. On the other end I've even killed one to make an example but I wouldn't recommend that because that kind of thing really changes you and can give you a lust you don't want to face. Hell using pain and fear as control can do that in general with the right people.

You could also try to be nice to them too or slowly work to make them better and redeem them. Whatever you want really. If they are so bad as to only kill and destroy and lie, just slaughter them for the greater good. If you can keep them under such a short leash killing them shouldn't be an issue but by god be sure it's really because they are 100% wicked and not just seemingly bad due to circumstance. I don't take lightly to killing spirits but sometimes it has to be done.

The mischievous side isn't too much an issue so long as it doesn't turn too dark. Though the fact that you can't banish them when you might want to might be something to look into with yourself. Normally belief in your ability to banish and brute force should suffice, at least in my experience. If yelling doesn't work, yell louder!

Mainstream Satanists, following the original tradition of 1966, think faith in Jujus either in the sky or earth are so much flights of fancy; bluntly nuts. And that would consitute the bulk of folks within the mature form of Satanism. But you will and are welcome to find answers from "fringe" Satanists who I think frankly are kiddos whipping their dicks around in the dark if not trying to scare mom and dad, then still dabbling in a judeo-christian framework.

This is the theistic DIR, the LaVeyan fanboy club is next door. Also your idea of fringe is unfounded, theistic Satanists are numerous easily rivalling symbolic Satanists. A lot of theistic Satanists are a bit out there, but that isn't specific to theism that's specific to Satanism in general. I've known plenty of theistic Satanists who were level people who didn't care about judeo-christian beliefs in the least. It's usually much more eclectic and open-minded than that in those circles if not just focusing on the generally positive associations of Satan.

Erebus

What you're experiencing sounds more like what Jung called the Shadow rather than anything demonic. Accept that we all have the capacity to do what we might consider evil rather than trying to push those thoughts away. The sooner you embrace your Shadow self, the sooner you can transcend it.

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
...for most Satanists the spirits they call on are equals, anything else that won't be fair to them are banished.

So....

In my experience spirits can only hurt you if you let them. This makes possessions, hauntings ect mostly a nonissue unless someone believes it is, will become, or might be an issue. More often than not the spirit is created and fed by the person until it gets out of control and takes a life of it's own. These are easily distinguished from real spirits in that they have a theme of problems or emotions the person is having. If a demon is causing a person an emotional reaction, chances are they are it's creator and it didn’t originate outside of them.

More practically speaking, I do have a few "demons" under my control. Fear works. So does hurting them and rewarding them according to what they do (but if they try to abuse a reward I give them the punishment is usually much worse, so far it's meant that defiance is very rare). Protecting them even can let them know that while they are your property you still don't want them being mauled. So long as they know that it's in their best interests to follow you and listen to you and do everything you say. On the other end I've even killed one to make an example but I wouldn't recommend that because that kind of thing really changes you and can give you a lust you don't want to face. Hell using pain and fear as control can do that in general with the right people.

You could also try to be nice to them too or slowly work to make them better and redeem them. Whatever you want really. If they are so bad as to only kill and destroy and lie, just slaughter them for the greater good. If you can keep them under such a short leash killing them shouldn't be an issue but by god be sure it's really because they are 100% wicked and not just seemingly bad due to circumstance. I don't take lightly to killing spirits but sometimes it has to be done.

The mischievous side isn't too much an issue so long as it doesn't turn too dark. Though the fact that you can't banish them when you might want to might be something to look into with yourself. Normally belief in your ability to banish and brute force should suffice, at least in my experience. If yelling doesn't work, yell louder!

I have used the methods you described. I have killed many spirits. I "burned my demons with holy fire" a moment ago. It's working better than I expected. They're easier to kill than I thought.

Thanks for your input.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Satanists don't tend to view Demons/Daimons as something malevolent. We tend to respect them and not use ceremonial magick concepts with them (i.e., drawing circles to "protect" ourselves from them, banishing, etc.). So this is like going into the Pagan DIR, calling their Gods malevolent and asking how to banish them or "keep them in line".

Shyanekh's suggesting that you may instead be dealing with your Jungian Shadow is a good one.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Satanists don't tend to view Demons/Daimons as something malevolent. We tend to respect them and not use ceremonial magick concepts with them (i.e., drawing circles to "protect" ourselves from them, banishing, etc.). So this is like going into the Pagan DIR, calling their Gods malevolent and asking how to banish them or "keep them in line".

Shyanekh's suggesting that you may instead be dealing with your Jungian Shadow is a good one.
Exactly! Nicely expressed as well.

I am dealing with my 'Jungian Shadow' at the moment, and most of my life-problems have stemmed from me trying to either fight it, or ignore it.

I have done that, because if I allowed myself to express it or work with it, I am going to severely p*** people off in the process...especially those closest to me.

Lately, I have realised that those 'closest to me' don't give a flying pig anyway (or else they would be more supportive of me trying to make positive changes in my life, instead of telling me 'I don't need your problems piled on my own') so, they are going to be the first ones affected by my recent embrace of my 'Jungian Shadow'.

They better have their 'psychic protection' ready, because it is payback time for all those times I have allowed them to use me, be emotional vampires themselves and treated me as nothing more than a doormat...a cook and cleaner...a taxi service (and not returning the favour when I need them).

It's always well and good for them to rely on me, but I can never rely on them.

It's time to give them all a taste of what I have been going through. It's all about revenge now, and my 'demon' is chomping at the bit, waiting for the challenge.

Stupid fricken sponges that they all are...and when I have nothing left to give/offer, they don't even want to know me.

You can choose your friends, but not your relatives.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Exactly! Nicely expressed as well.

I am dealing with my 'Jungian Shadow' at the moment, and most of my life-problems have stemmed from me trying to either fight it, or ignore it.

I have done that, because if I allowed myself to express it or work with it, I am going to severely p*** people off in the process...especially those closest to me.

Lately, I have realised that those 'closest to me' don't give a flying pig anyway (or else they would be more supportive of me trying to make positive changes in my life, instead of telling me 'I don't need your problems piled on my own') so, they are going to be the first ones affected by my recent embrace of my 'Jungian Shadow'.

They better have their 'psychic protection' ready, because it is payback time for all those times I have allowed them to use me, be emotional vampires themselves and treated me as nothing more than a doormat...a cook and cleaner...a taxi service (and not returning the favour when I need them).

It's always well and good for them to rely on me, but I can never rely on them.

It's time to give them all a taste of what I have been going through. It's all about revenge now, and my 'demon' is chomping at the bit, waiting for the challenge.

Stupid fricken sponges that they all are...and when I have nothing left to give/offer, they don't even want to know me.

You can choose your friends, but not your relatives.

^Example of why we need a Jungian forum. :)

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I have used the methods you described. I have killed many spirits. I "burned my demons with holy fire" a moment ago. It's working better than I expected. They're easier to kill than I thought.

Thanks for your input.
Hate doesn't overcome hate.