• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Word": Is there a person who invented any "word" of any natural or ordinary language?

Jedster

Thank you,

I always assumed God "made Muhammad write verses, though he could not write nor read". Kind of Divine miracle. This I know is possible. Hence I could believe Koran to be true (90% maybe).

But now I read that others wrote it.

Credibility went down from 90% to 10%

Di Muhammd y anywhwre the
Thank you,

I always assumed God "made Muhammad write verses, though he could not write nor read". Kind of Divine miracle. This I know is possible. Hence I could believe Koran to be true (90% maybe).

RE:the alleged claim that Muhammad did not write any verse of Quran.
Where is this written?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But if you read the source that you provided, you will note something interesting about each and every word: "the word was in use for several decades before Shakespeare used it." Note: not "in use forever," just "for several decades." That means that the word was NOT in use before those several decades, and therefore, unless God popped down and added it to the dictionaries of the day, SOMEBODY first used the word. And that in itself answers your question in the OP. We may not always know the name of the person who first used the word, but it is an absolute certainty that somebody did use it first.
"in use forever"

Sorry, I don't maintain about any particular word that it was in use forever. Right, please?

Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Thank you,

You could say he authored the "satanic verses" then realised it was a bad idea and blamed Satan for making him do it,using the old Arabic gods for populism didn't quite come off ;-)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
You could say he authored the "satanic verses" then realised it was a bad idea and blamed Satan for making him do it,using the old Arabic gods for populism didn't quite come off ;-)
I was thinking just practical

When young I played a game whispering words to the one next to me. After 8 kids story changed a lot

We could all read and write

If you can't read/write I am quite sure you also have deficient communication skills, esp. knowing how difficult Arabic is.

So near to impossible that Koran is 100% accurate IMO

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't agree with one. Please refer OP.
Regards

The op states, and i quote

Is there a person who invented/created any "word/s" of any natural language or ordinary language, please?​

I provided words and the person's who first used them. The documentation is publishes. Whether you agree with that or not is not my problem

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

When young I played a game whispering words to the one next to me. After 8 kids story changed a lot

If you can't read/write I am quite sure you also have deficient communication skills, esp. knowing how difficult Arabic is.

There is a Ww2 story of confusion in messages passed from person to person.

The original "send reinforcements we are going to advance."

By the time the message got to HQ it was "send three and four pence, we are going to a dance"

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There is a Ww2 story of confusion in messages passed from person to person.

The original "send reinforcements we are going to advance."

By the time the message got to HQ it was "send three and four pence, we are going to a dance"
It was a mistake perhaps because the communication system was not that efficient those days. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Sir, it is mentioned in many a verse of Quran, in the first place.
Regards
[75:17]لَا تُحَرِّکۡ بِہٖ لِسَانَکَ لِتَعۡجَلَ بِہٖ ﴿ؕ۱۷﴾
Move not thy tongue with this revelation that thou mayest hasten to preserve it.
[75:18]اِنَّ عَلَیۡنَا جَمۡعَہٗ وَ قُرۡاٰنَہٗ ﴿ۚۖ۱۸﴾
Surely upon Us rests its collection and its recital.
[75:19]فَاِذَا قَرَاۡنٰہُ فَاتَّبِعۡ قُرۡاٰنَہٗ ﴿ۚ۱۹﴾
So when We recite it, then follow thou its recital.
[75:20]ثُمَّ اِنَّ عَلَیۡنَا بَیَانَہٗ ﴿ؕ۲۰﴾
Then upon Us rests the expounding thereof.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 75: Al-Qiyamah

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
stvdv said:
Thank you,

It is the science and religion forum, please. Does one's post demonstrate Science and or Word of a revealed Religion, please?
Or it is just off-topic, please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

"So near to impossible that Koran is 100% accurate IMO"

It is 100% accurate, nevertheless, please. Right, please?

Regards