• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Sports Clothing

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It isn't how skimpy the clothing is that bothers me. I just can never find anything in my size.
Jessica Rabbit managed to find such dainties.
13387_thePHAGshop_Jessica-Rabbit-Rock-Candy-Figure-WFRR-364x652_jessica%2Brabbit.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Men have stuff that needs to stay in place more so than women do. They can get away with the skimpy shorts. Men, not so much:eek:
And yet, there is the Speedo.
Track and field is very competitive and there are no judges that can affect the clothing one chooses. That is not the case in gymnastics. I am betting that women wear the skimpy shorts because they feel that it helps their speed. But if they want to wear more I am not going to oppose it.
I speculate that because gymnastics & figure skating have
subjectivity in judging, appearance has an unconscious
(subconscious?) effect on judges. So competitors play to
that bias.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

that bias.
Water tends to help keep things in place. The acceleration is quite different from that on the track. Try running in a Speedo some day.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
And yet the male gymnasts are modestly clothed.
Same in track...men wear shorts...women wear bikini bottoms.
I admit its a little strange that the men aren't wearing bikinis. Should we make the men wear them, too?

Heyo

Veteran Member

that bias.
Especially in gymnastics, the judges want to see the muscles and the joints to decide if a move is performed correctly. That's not a bias.

And, for what it's worth, the first Olympians performed bare naked.

Suave

Simulated character
I like watching cat fights. Female mud wrestlers get their outits caked in mud, so you can't see their clothing attire, but tightly fitted attire there does nicely shape their body contours.

mud_wrestling_chicks_t.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I can see wearing sandals, but with socks? I always thought there was something wrong with sandals and socks, but if that's what people want to do, so be it.

Given the guy's choice in swimwear in this picture, I can't say I'm surprised at illogical footwear.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, I'm tired of people talking around wearing yoga pants. I don't need to see that. Lol.
It's like watching zombies walk around with decimated legs holding up a body with loose skin sagging all over. Then their brood trails in....

A whole other can of worms.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Especially in gymnastics, the judges want to see the muscles and the joints to decide if a move is performed correctly. That's not a bias.
I don't buy that.
Instead, I chalk it up to a standard that just evolved,
& athletes conform because it succeeds. Figure
skating is even more outrageous.....even faaaaabulous!
070ed135cddb234226470f3ec98ed352.jpg

And, for what it's worth, the first Olympians performed bare naked.
Try selling that idea to women.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I see a lot of skimpy sports clothing while driving around in france... It can be a huge distraction when the national sport is in vivid evidence

Cycling...
ugly-61.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm not convinced that men's & women's
sports clothing needs to be so different
regarding skimpiness.

I'd never.
Perhaps. I think that women can get by with more skimpiness than men can. But I am not a runner. You might want to talk with some of them of both sexes. I do notice that when it comes to one's body that it seems that women put theirs on display a bit more than men do. Something that I am eternally grateful for.