• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Sports Clothing

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I see a lot of skimpy sports clothing while driving around in france... It can be a huge distraction when the national sport is in vivid evidence

Bicycle racing is not a natural sport for men. Actual damage can occur. And I used to have a black pair of shorts like that. I still may. I do not think that they fit any longer:(

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps. I think that women can get by with more skimpiness than men can. But I am not a runner. You might want to talk with some of them of both sexes. I do notice that when it comes to one's body that it seems that women put theirs on display a bit more than men do. Something that I am eternally grateful for.
Some women are uncomfortable with the excess of such display.
Compromise & accommodation is necessary, lest diversity of
costume wrongly influence judges.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Bicycle racing is not a natural sport for men. Actual damage can occur. And I used to have a black pair of shorts like that. I still may. I do not think that they fit any longer:(

You wouldn't know its not natural when you see the fanaticism that surrounds the sport

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is because all the major bike racing organizations
require that all bikes be of the same design, ie, "wedgie".
If they allowed or required recumbents, they'd be far far
healthier & more comfortable.
Note: It would change strategy because drafting would
be less effective & practical.

MagiC-03_1024x1024.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is because all the major bike racing organizations
require that all bikes be of the same design, ie, "wedgie".
If they allowed or required recumbents, they'd be far far
healthier & more comfortable.
Note: It would change strategy because drafting would
be less effective & practical.

MagiC-03_1024x1024.jpg
I know. " Tradition " has kept the equipment rather antiquated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know. " Tradition " has kept the equipment rather antiquated.
Actually, I'm continually intrigued by the technological
advances in bicycles. But the wedgie design hasn't
improved. It might've even gotten worse because
of the triathlon style, which has the rider positioned
even farther forward.
Wedgie bikes are fine though for shorter jaunts.
But I'd never wear those chamois lined ridiculous
shorts required for extended wedgie riding.
On a recumbent, the biggest pain is from smiling
the whole ride.

I used to ride an early recumbent, an Aerocycle.
The design was similar to...
OIP.O8DSpiAzE7YoAL2IxzlzHwHaEb

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Perhaps. I think that women can get by with more skimpiness than men can. But I am not a runner. You might want to talk with some of them of both sexes. I do notice that when it comes to one's body that it seems that women put theirs on display a bit more than men do. Something that I am eternally grateful for.

Umm...

I dunno about that.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I did a couple of bikeathons as a teenager, and I learned that I was not compatible with bicycles. They're awful machines.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I've always thought it odd that female athletes, eg, gymnastics, beach
volleyball wear such skimpy outfits. I'm not complaining, mind you.
But why such revealing garb so prone to entertaining malfunction?
Why would they want this?

Now I hear in the news that some are moving towards
less revealing clothing...hopefully more comfortable too.
Is This the End of the Gymnastics Leotard?

It's still perhaps TMI, but it's an improvement....
e38acbc1-0071-4395-adc1-d22dc3e28754.jpeg

Men have better choices IMO....
Rabd2eef940441233b08400941c6a6891

The Australian women's basketball team (The Opals) briefly went to a bodysuit look, before switching back to a singlet and shorts look much more similar to what the men's team (The Boomers) wear.
Interestingly, the women's team are donning the bodysuits for the olympics.

Tokyo Olympics 2021: Australia’s Opals to wear green and gold bodysuit (smh.com.au)

This article shows both the 'traditional' bodysuit from the 1996-2006 period, and the new version they'll wear at Tokyo.
Both the decision to move away from the bodysuit in 2008, and the decision to now don them again was driven by the players.

So...that being the case...more power to them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Australian women's basketball team (The Opals) briefly went to a bodysuit look, before switching back to a singlet and shorts look much more similar to what the men's team (The Boomers) wear.

Tokyo Olympics 2021: Australia’s Opals to wear green and gold bodysuit (smh.com.au)

This article shows both the 'traditional' bodysuit from the 1996-2006 period, and the new version they'll wear at Tokyo.
Both the decision to move away from the bodysuit in 2008, and the decision to now don them again was driven by the players.

Sounds fine to me.
But I won't be wearing those things.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

My feelings exactly. If the Germans want what they perceive to be a more modest uniform that is their business. And the same if a team goes the other direction. The only way to be in the wrong is to try impose one's own taste and "morals" upon others.

By the way I also support Muslim women that opt for veils or whatever other clothing they find necessary.