• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women Going Topless In Your Community

Skwim

Veteran Member
topless in city.png

Yesterday I came across the following list.

1) Toplessness is permitted in New Orleans, Louisana during Mardi Gras.

2) Women are allowed to be topless in South Miami, Florida, but only on the beach.

3) New York City is home to lawful toplessness.

4) Toplessness is A-Okay in Austin Texas.

5) To no one's surprise, toplessness is acceptable in Portland, Oregon.

6) Washington D.C. permits women to go topless.

7) An even tan is allowed in Honolulu, Hawaii.

8 It’s legal to be topless in Madison, Wisconsin.

9) Toplessness is totally acceptable in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

10) It’s legal for women to be topless in Columbus, Ohio.
source

Additionally, women can go topless in the following cities.

11) Asheville, NC

12) Boulder, CO

13) Eugene, OR

14) Keene, NH

15) Key West, FL at Fantasy Fest

16) And the whole of Canada
source

And even more additionally, ;) Naked Bike Rides are permitted in:

a) Seattle, WA
b) Portland, OR
c) Eugene, OR
d) San Francisco, CA
e) Los Angeles, CA
f) Missoula, MT
g) Tucson, AZ
h) Denver, CO
i) Boulder, CO
j) Austin, TX
k) New Orleans, LA
l) Saint Louis, MO
m) Madison, Wi
n) Chicago, IL
o) Columbus, OH
p) Asheville, NC
q) Tampa Bay, FL
r) Miami, FL
s) Prince George County, Va
t) Washington, DC
u) Philadelphia, PA
v) New York, NY
w) Northampton, MA
x) Boston, MA
y) Montpelier, VT
z) Burlington, VT
aa) Saint Petersburg, FL
source

QUESTION: If you don't live in any of these cities would you support an initiative to allow females to go topless in your community.

Why?

Why not?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I live in Portland, Oregon. Neither the naked bike rides or the topless women here ever bothered me. But I also have worked in massage and PT for thirteen years. If nudity ever shocked me it certainly doesn't now.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Topless? Well, men are allowed, why not women?

But then, full nudity wouldn't bother me either. I doubt most people would take advantage of the opportunity, but I don't see a problem with those that would.

As they say, if we were meant to be naked, we'd be born that way....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Yesterday I came across the following list.

1) Toplessness is permitted in New Orleans, Louisana during Mardi Gras.

2) Women are allowed to be topless in South Miami, Florida, but only on the beach.

3) New York City is home to lawful toplessness.

4) Toplessness is A-Okay in Austin Texas.

5) To no one's surprise, toplessness is acceptable in Portland, Oregon.

6) Washington D.C. permits women to go topless.

7) An even tan is allowed in Honolulu, Hawaii.

8 It’s legal to be topless in Madison, Wisconsin.

9) Toplessness is totally acceptable in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

10) It’s legal for women to be topless in Columbus, Ohio.
source

Additionally, women can go topless in the following cities.

11) Asheville, NC

12) Boulder, CO

13) Eugene, OR

14) Keene, NH

15) Key West, FL at Fantasy Fest

16) And the whole of Canada
source

And even more additionally, ;) Naked Bike Rides are permitted in:

a) Seattle, WA
b) Portland, OR
c) Eugene, OR
d) San Francisco, CA
e) Los Angeles, CA
f) Missoula, MT
g) Tucson, AZ
h) Denver, CO
i) Boulder, CO
j) Austin, TX
k) New Orleans, LA
l) Saint Louis, MO
m) Madison, Wi
n) Chicago, IL
o) Columbus, OH
p) Asheville, NC
q) Tampa Bay, FL
r) Miami, FL
s) Prince George County, Va
t) Washington, DC
u) Philadelphia, PA
v) New York, NY
w) Northampton, MA
x) Boston, MA
y) Montpelier, VT
z) Burlington, VT
aa) Saint Petersburg, FL
source

QUESTION: If you don't live in any of these cities would you support an initiative to allow females to go topless in your community.

Why?

Why not?

I would limit it to women that are far too young for me to date:p

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I would support it, provided one caveat.
Women who go out in public topless should have a signed statement on file that they won't get upset when men treat them like a topless woman in public.

Otherwise, I am totally unconcerned about it. Frankly, when the weather is hot I feel bad for chicks who have to wear more than I do.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
Women who go out in public topless should have a signed statement on file that they won't get upset when men treat them like a topless woman in public.

Otherwise, I am totally unconcerned about it. Frankly, when the weather is hot I feel bad for chicks who have to wear more than I do.
Tom
Do you really feel it's right to lay the burden of responsible behavior on the women for exercising their equal rights?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Tom

And what, exactly, does it mean to be 'treated like a topless woman in public'? How would that be different than how a topless man is treated in public? And is this just another excuse for some men to be rude and nasty?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
In Britain it isn't illegal to be topless, I definately have no problem with it, cover something and you want to look inside but in the open you can see the best ones, but really it's no big deal.

Ellen Brown

I live in Portland, Oregon. Neither the naked bike rides or the topless women here ever bothered me. But I also have worked in massage and PT for thirteen years. If nudity ever shocked me it certainly doesn't now.

I've seen so many nekid Breasts. Cows, Goats, Dogs, so women are nothing special. Today I was so hot that I got rid of my bra and just wore a T shirt. So what? Never had the chutzpah to do the Naked Bike Ride. If a Mormon I know saw me here, Oh, the indignity of it, how scandalous. I'd be in for a good talking to.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've seen so many nekid Breasts. Cows, Goats, Dogs, so women are nothing special. Today I was so hot that I got rid of my bra and just wore a T shirt. So what? Never had the chutzpah to do the Naked Bike Ride. If a Mormon I know saw me here, Oh, the indignity of it, how scandalous. I'd be in for a good talking to.
So long as I'm not asked to clean the bike seats go for it. xD

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Its a low level matter. People should wear whatever clothing and however much clothing is needed to keep everybody playing nice. I don't think it should be a criminal offense to break clothing laws, but there should be standards. Requiring clothes should be commonplace. Women wearing tops is what is expected, and changing the rules requires a good reason.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And what, exactly, does it mean to be 'treated like a topless woman in public'? How would that be different than how a topless man is treated in public? And is this just another excuse for some men to be rude and nasty?
I think he means that it is OK for the naked person to be looked at. Even, stared at.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I think young ladies should be allowed to go topless, but it should be a crime if older saggier ladies were to do likewise.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Its a low level matter. People should wear whatever clothing and however much clothing is needed to keep everybody playing nice. I don't think it should be a criminal offense to break clothing laws, but there should be standards. Requiring clothes should be commonplace. Women wearing tops is what is expected, and changing the rules requires a good reason.
There's a basic principle in law to the effect that law is put into place to serve practical objectives. Lacking any such objective, a law is undeserving of enactment. And I suggest that restrictive standards follow such a philosophy. If no practical objective is served by setting a restrictive standard, then the standard is undeserving of being put into practice. So I have to ask, what practical objective is served by restricting women from going topless in public?