• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women are proof of the existence of God

dfnj

Well, some people might say that they've seen God, talked to God, felt God's presence, etc. For them, their experience is sufficient proof of God's existence, but it's only for them. It's nothing that anyone else can experience or prove/disprove.

I don't disagree. And there are some experiences that are widely shared by a large number of people. For example, the experience of a woman's beauty feels divine to me. I do not think I am the only one who feels this way.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Do sea turtles find human women beautiful, do you think?
ok.....get this....

in an attempt to secure a sample from a Pinta island tortoise ......
a woman working on the project attempted to 'persuade'......Lonesome George

the project was aimed at restoring a particular species of tortoise to the island

but no luck

Lonesome George couldn't care less

and he died as the last of his kind

(radio science program.....yesterday)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Harry Potter is great!

Sorry to hear you are so judgmental about other people's imperfections. People mocking and abusing a 14 year old child with regards to her disability is not exactly an expression of the greatness that is God. I'm sorry the girl was mocked and abused. I'm not happy with it. I don't know why you would think I would be happy with someone abusing a 14 year old about anything.

You seem to hate God or the idea of God is the only judgment I was making. Even so, I'm sure you are still a good person worthy of my respect.

I disagree with you opinion about subjectivity. I think subjectivity is important. I do not think we can ever escape the role of subjectivity with regards to appreciation of our experiences.

Great but fictional.

It was you judging me that started this, actually attempting to mock me, now where have i heard that before?

It was as an expression of christian goodness as taught in the bible. I can supply verses if you want but i am sure you are aware of them.

Without falsifiable evidence God is a fiction as i have previously stated. Why hate a fiction? Some christians on the other hand seem to confuse, 'she is arguing with me' with 'she must hate god'. Personally mi dont see any logic in such a stance but i am not a christian.

You are welcome to your opinion.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Hi Christine.

My wife and I once got locked in the Holmfirth shopping mart, at the end of the day. The young policewoman who waited outside for two hours (winter time) until the key-owner came to release us was in fits of laughter - as were we. She asked permission to include our tale in a section of the police intranet dedicated to 'you'll never believe this' cases. We agreed, of course! No winter whine from us.

Have a great day, and very best regards.

Love it.

Actually when i went there there was no shopping mart. Just small shops scattered in stone built terraces.

I can relate to getting locked in. Dont tell anyone otherwise the blonde female jokes will abound ;-).

Last year i was locked in a DIY store at lunchtime... French 3 hour lunchtime.

ajay0

Sri Ramakrishna saw all women, chaste or unchaste, as the manifestations of the Divine Mother of the universe.

Some sayings of his...

Women are, all of them, the veritable images of Shakti. —Sri Ramakrishna

All women are parts of the Divine Mother and, therefore, they should be looked upon as mothers by all. —Sri Ramakrishna

The divine Mother is always playful and sportive. This universe is Her play. She is self-willed and must always have Her own way. She is full of bliss. She gives freedom to one out of a hundred thousand… . —Sri Ramakrishna

He who has realized God does not look upon a woman with the eye of lust; so he is not afraid of her. He perceives clearly that women are but so many aspects of the Divine Mother. He worships them all as the Mother Herself.—Sri Ramakrishna

Niblo

Premium Member
Love it.

Actually when i went there there was no shopping mart. Just small shops scattered in stone built terraces.

I can relate to getting locked in. Dont tell anyone otherwise the blonde female jokes will abound ;-).

Last year i was locked in a DIY store at lunchtime... French 3 hour lunchtime.

Have you heard the one about a French lass (blonde) who got herself locked in a DIY store for the whole of a 3 hour lunchtime? ;)

Last edited:

Prestor John

Women are just so amazingly beautiful. You could say it is just simply animal lust feelings created by our genes. But I do not think so. There is absolutely nothing more beautiful and sacred than a woman with her newborn. It is a most powerful experience. I think women are a direct conduit to God.

The feelings we associate or attach to our experiences are based on subjective judgments. The realm of spirit exists in our mind-space. The source of all the meaning in our lives comes from the Universe of ideas floating around in our mind-space. Our subjective experiences determines the reality we experience.

Our subjective experiences may be driven by forces and patterns in our unconscious mind but a lot of it can be brought to the forefront through the making of conscious choices. We can choose exactly how we wish or want to interpret the meaning of our experiences. I do not need a science to prove something I just know or choose to believe about the way we associate meaning to our experiences. I just know we have a choice in how we experience our lives.

I choose to experience the curves of a woman's body and the texture of her skin as divine.
I would say that everything is proof of the existence of God.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Speaking as a polytheist, I find this to be a rubbish argument for polytheism. Or theism in general, to be honest.

I'm reminded of how sexism doesn't always come in the form of denigrating one sex as less than. It can also come in the form of putting one sex (and not the others) on a pedestal. That's what the opening post reminded me of, though I doubt this was intended by the OP. It's a major reason why I never liked the "goddess spirituality" movement. When coming from women, I understood it though. Since the rise of Abrahamic religions in Western culture, women have not been allowed to be viewed as divine and reclaiming that was (and still is) important. When this comes from men, though? It's just creepy. :sweat:

I think you are taking me to seriously as well as the thread,

Sanzbir

Referring to your "new born" is it not your god who put the agony in birthing that newborn? Well so the bible says.

Are you unable to read where OP's religion is listed as "My Own"?? You one of those types that thinks all theists are Christians or something?? :p

It was you judging me that started this, actually attempting to mock me

Maybe make yourself less easy to mock and slower to take offense then. :p Starting off already offended and pulling out "Your Bible Says This" towards someone who does not identify as a Christian just fills out so many atheist stereotypes of course you're going to get mocked on the internet.

Fedoratip your way back to reddit!!

Women are just so amazingly beautiful. You could say it is just simply animal lust feelings created by our genes. But I do not think so. There is absolutely nothing more beautiful and sacred than a woman with her newborn. It is a most powerful experience. I think women are a direct conduit to God.

The feelings we associate or attach to our experiences are based on subjective judgments. The realm of spirit exists in our mind-space. The source of all the meaning in our lives comes from the Universe of ideas floating around in our mind-space. Our subjective experiences determines the reality we experience.

Our subjective experiences may be driven by forces and patterns in our unconscious mind but a lot of it can be brought to the forefront through the making of conscious choices. We can choose exactly how we wish or want to interpret the meaning of our experiences. I do not need a science to prove something I just know or choose to believe about the way we associate meaning to our experiences. I just know we have a choice in how we experience our lives.

I choose to experience the curves of a woman's body and the texture of her skin as divine.

Men are just so amazingly beautiful. You could say it is just simply animal lust feelings created by our genes. But I do not think so. There is absolutely nothing more beautiful and sacred than a man with his newborn. It is a most powerful experience.

I choose to experience the chiseled form of a man's body and the rugged texture of his skin as divine.

tenor.png

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Have you heard the one about a French lass (blonde) who got herself locked in a DIY store for the whole of a 3 hour lunchtime? ;)

They dont have a not funny frube. ;-(

Anyway, im not french, im a Lancashire lass

dfnj

Great but fictional.

It was you judging me that started this, actually attempting to mock me, now where have i heard that before?

It was as an expression of christian goodness as taught in the bible. I can supply verses if you want but i am sure you are aware of them.

Without falsifiable evidence God is a fiction as i have previously stated. Why hate a fiction? Some christians on the other hand seem to confuse, 'she is arguing with me' with 'she must hate god'. Personally mi dont see any logic in such a stance but i am not a christian.

You are welcome to your opinion.

RE: Without falsifiable evidence God is a fiction as i have previously stated.

Every dogma is built on a set of assumptions that cannot be tested. Why do you think yours are better than mine. Take Dark Energy for example. It makes the math work but it only exists as fiction.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Are you unable to read where OP's religion is listed as "My Own"?? You one of those types that thinks all theists are Christians or something?? :p

Men are just so amazingly beautiful. You could say it is just simply animal lust feelings created by our genes. But I do not think so. There is absolutely nothing more beautiful and sacred than a man with his newborn. It is a most powerful experience.

I choose to experience the chiseled form of a man's body and the rugged texture of his skin as divine.

tenor.png

He uses christian arguments, so can i.
And what makes you think i read everyones profile? Oh, just another assumption.

Are you one of those who thinks you everything about everyone or something?

Sanzbir

He uses christian arguments, so can i.

I was not aware that women's beauty being a proof of God was a "christian argument".

And what makes you think i read everyones profile?

I actually think you don't.

But religion is listed on every single post, so you might want to give it a glance before writing out an angry post that makes you look stupid. :p

Oh, just another assumption.

From the person who assumed OP was Christian... rich!!

Are you one of those who thinks you everything about everyone or something?

"you everything about everyone", eh??

How does one "everything", exactly?? :p Sorry, my limited theist brain makes it hard to comprehend such stunning displays of fedoratipping intellect.

ChristineM

Premium Member
RE: Without falsifiable evidence God is a fiction as i have previously stated.

Every dogma is built on a set of assumptions that cannot be tested. Why do you think yours are better than mine. Take Dark Energy for example. It makes the math work but it only exists as fiction.

Yet you also say "Women are proof of the existence of God"

Who said mine are better other than my beliefs are based on testable evidence there is little difference.

BTW, There are 3 independent sources of evidence for dark energy, indirect for sure but falsifiable evidence.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I was not aware that women's beauty being a proof of God was a "christian argument".

I actually think you don't.

But religion is listed on every single post, so you might want to give it a glance before writing out an angry post that makes you look stupid. :p

From the person who assumed OP was Christian... rich!!

"you everything about everyone", eh??

How does one "everything", exactly?? :p Sorry, my limited theist brain makes it hard to comprehend such stunning displays of fedoratipping intellect.

That it is not the only argument he uses

Well spotted
But i cannot spot your religion on your posts, would you care to tell me where? Or perhaps you are to stupid to realise that the RF display is device dependent, css coding ensures that on a hand held device screen is not cluttered. Whether that info is displayed on a full size screen is not my problem.

As for anger? Wow, says then one who comes in here all guns blazing. Fyi. Disagreement is not anger.

My assumption is based on previous encounters with dfnj, your seems to be based on your need for an argument.

Yup, my bad, the missing word was know. Good of you to mock.. interestingly this is precisely what started the argument with dfnj... Coincidence eh?

dfnj

Everyone experiences God in their own way! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!