• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women are proof of the existence of God

dfnj

I think you are taking me to seriously as well as the thread,

It is a serious thread. Subjective judgments are the basis of what is considered "evidence" or "proof" for the existence of God. My assumption is God is primarily a subjective experience. So for me, evidence for God's existence occurs in the realm of subjective experience. However, for many of the atheists rudely posting on this thread are trying to evangelize their dogmatic view "without falsifiable evidence" in objective reality something doesn't exist. The thing is my consciousness exists. The material of my being is the Universe's way of experience itself. My subjective experiences are real experiences. What those experiences mean are not for someone else to decide based on their own prejudice and bigotry with regards to what is real and what is not real.

So far with everything posted on this thread no one has said anything even close to changing my mind that based on the quality of my experiences of women are proof for the existence of God in my mind. Is it "right", is it "wrong", is it "good", is it "bad", is it "sane", is it "profound" are ALL subjective judgments.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
From the person who assumed OP was Christian... rich

Oh, and i made no such assumption, i did mention god causing pain of childbirth. One does dot need to be christian to follow the abramic god

dfnj

Oh, and i made no such assumption, i did mention god causing pain of childbirth. One does dot need to be christian to follow the abramic god

I have no problem with an abrahamic type God. I think an omnipotent God can be many things all at the same time. Omnipotent means not having any limitations.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Maybe make yourself less easy to mock and slower to take offense then. :p Starting off already offended and pulling out "Your Bible Says This" towards someone who does not identify as a Christian just fills out so many atheist stereotypes of course you're going to get mocked on the internet.

Fedoratip your way back to reddit!!

More assumption? I do not take offence at discussion, it seems though that you do.

What is ,'back to reddit? Is it some sarcastic quip that only people like you know about?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It is hard to disagree..

48722b20c1ce766edbc9320d3ff22da7.jpg

That was such a funny show. Gotta love British comedy. Better yet, gotta love the acting industry there, where you don't have to be great looking just to get a gig.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It is a serious thread. Subjective judgments are the basis of what is considered "evidence" or "proof" for the existence of God. My assumption is God is primarily a subjective experience. So for me, evidence for God's existence occurs in the realm of subjective experience. However, for many of the atheists rudely posting on this thread are trying to evangelize their dogmatic view "without falsifiable evidence" in objective reality something doesn't exist. The thing is my consciousness exists. The material of my being is the Universe's way of experience itself. My subjective experiences are real experiences. What those experiences mean are not for someone else to decide based on their own prejudice and bigotry with regards to what is real and what is not real.

So far with everything posted on this thread no one has said anything even close to changing my mind that based on the quality of my experiences of women are proof for the existence of God in my mind. Is it "right", is it "wrong", is it "good", is it "bad", is it "sane", is it "profound" are ALL subjective judgments.

The highly subjective and hypothetical nature of the thread pretty much takes it off my serious list.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I have no problem with an abrahamic type God. I think an omnipotent God can be many things all at the same time. Omnipotent means not htaving any limitations.

More precisely omnipotent means having unlimited power. Power is energy exerted over time. E=MC2 shows omnipotence is an impossibility in this universe because unlimited means infinite and mass exists therefore infinite energy is not feasible.

dfnj

The highly subjective and hypothetical nature of the thread pretty much takes it off my serious list.

So if you are theist, what objective evidence would you consider to be serious?

If you are atheist, doesn't bother you the idea of a clockwork Universe or Matrix like simulation with hard determinism is simply not supported by any evidence in reality. The evidence we have from the smallest scale of measurement is the Universe is not clockwork by nature. The word God is as good as any to represent the uncertainty in nature's behavior.

dfnj

More precisely omnipotent means having unlimited power. Power is energy exerted over time. E=MC2 shows omnipotence is an impossibility in this universe because unlimited means infinite and mass exists therefore infinite energy is not feasible.

"Infinite" is not real and does not exist. Infinite is like the Flying Spaghetti monster. It only exists in our imaginations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Gods typically aren't constrained by physics though.

Btw, kudos for proper use of the term, "power".
People so often get it mixed up with force, & ignore time.

dfnj

Why would you ever think God is bounded by the laws of physics? How would you know that is true? Saying God is bounded by the laws of physics really seems like an assumption to me.

Omnipotent means being unlimited which to me is the same thing as saying not having any limitations.

dfnj

Gods typically aren't constrained by physics though.

Btw, kudos for proper use of the term, "power".

Yeah, I don't like the use of the word "power" in the definition of omnipotent. No need to cross problem domains!

To me omnipotent would mean the spontaneous creation of reality as you imagined it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, I don't like the use of the word "power" in the definition of omnipotent. No need to cross problem domains!

To me omnipotent would mean the spontaneous creation of reality as you imagined it.
"Omnipotent" opens up a can of worms.
Such a power for a god would mean knowing the future in detail.
If the future is known (or at least knowable), there goes free will,
because one cannot deviate from the path foreseen by the god.