• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Womb of God

WalterTrull

Godfella
Catchy title huh? Not original with me though. Came upon it while surfing and Googling. Read a bit, books & sermons, etc. Interesting analogy.

More thoughts:

The other day, Tmac pointed me to a poem by Marianne Williamson, Our Greatest Fear “Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” Also interesting.

I remember really liking that old sci-fi pic “Forbidden Planet” with Walter Pidgeon and the self-destructive id.

Did you ever think of this place as sort of a giant playpen with built-in protections, - kind of like life with training wheels?

It is quite likely we are, in fact, “powerful beyond measure”. Can you imagine a toddler out of his playpen sitting in the cab of a giant earthmover, twiddling with this control, twiddling with that, with not a clue as to what he was doing?

As a child reaches a certain level of maturity in the womb, do you suppose he/she gets claustrophobic and pushes to get out?

Is it possible that men, on average, tend to leave this realm a little sooner than women, because they get claustrophobic faster?

Just wondrin’

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"womb of God" to me is a poetic way of stating that the Earth is where God in the form of humanity learns to be God in actuality. The "playpen" analogy etc holds pretty well as I see it.

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
Catchy title huh? Not original with me though. Came upon it while surfing and Googling. Read a bit, books & sermons, etc. Interesting analogy.

More thoughts:

The other day, Tmac pointed me to a poem by Marianne Williamson, Our Greatest Fear “Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” Also interesting.

I remember really liking that old sci-fi pic “Forbidden Planet” with Walter Pidgeon and the self-destructive id.

Did you ever think of this place as sort of a giant playpen with built-in protections, - kind of like life with training wheels?

It is quite likely we are, in fact, “powerful beyond measure”. Can you imagine a toddler out of his playpen sitting in the cab of a giant earthmover, twiddling with this control, twiddling with that, with not a clue as to what he was doing?

As a child reaches a certain level of maturity in the womb, do you suppose he/she gets claustrophobic and pushes to get out?

Is it possible that men, on average, tend to leave this realm a little sooner than women, because they get claustrophobic faster?

Just wondrin’
"Womb of God" sounds meaningless to me, all the more so since the term 'God' is without definition too. But to say "It is quite likely we are, in fact, 'powerful beyond measure' seems insane, given that we're about to become extinct from the CO2 and methane gas of global warming within a few decades. Curious, isn't it, that the largest threat to mankind, himself, is exalted for being powerful beyond measure. Yes, civilization is a heat engine, and we're running it full speed ahead. Curious, too, how the subject is not even allowed to be mentioned in the mainstream press, it's ridiculed and the Trump administration won't hear of it. Humans are idiots, by and large, who can't think past the last delusion......

WalterTrull

Godfella
"Womb of God" sounds meaningless to me, all the more so since the term 'God' is without definition too. But to say "It is quite likely we are, in fact, 'powerful beyond measure' seems insane, given that we're about to become extinct from the CO2 and methane gas of global warming within a few decades. Curious, isn't it, that the largest threat to mankind, himself, is exalted for being powerful beyond measure. Yes, civilization is a heat engine, and we're running it full speed ahead. Curious, too, how the subject is not even allowed to be mentioned in the mainstream press, it's ridiculed and the Trump administration won't hear of it. Humans are idiots, by and large, who can't think past the last delusion......
My guess is you're a "half-empty"ian