• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter gloves

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Is it just me?

At the beginning of every, starting to get cold season, I start losing gloves in the woods.

I start out with gloves on because the north wind is blowing and it is very cold. I start walking and working on my trails in my woods.

I stop to rest and take them off because I am hot, and LEAVE them somewhere never to be found again.

It seems such a waste. By January in Maine, I can no longer take them off on my trail expeditions because it's too cold, so the new replacement gloves I have to buy. are safe from accidental loss.

But where the heck are all the ones I lost in the woods in pre-winter? They are NEVER around come spring.

Oops, wrong pic..I'll try again for a trail pic

Attachments

• 20221022_170259-01.jpeg
    20221022_170259-01.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 2

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is it just me?

At the beginning of every, starting to get cold season, I start losing gloves in the woods.

I start out with gloves on because the north wind is blowing and it is very cold. I start walking and working on my trails in my woods.

I stop to rest and take them off because I am hot, and LEAVE them somewhere never to be found again.

It seems such a waste. By January in Maine, I can no longer take them off on my trail expeditions because it's too cold, so the new replacement gloves I have to buy. are safe from accidental loss.

But where the heck are all the ones I lost in the woods in pre-winter? They are NEVER around come spring.

Wearing gloves is for the weak.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think I even have any gloves. The last pair of gloves I owned were boxing gloves.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is it just me?

How's about what we did at schoo. Join the gloves together with enough elastic to go up one sleeve, across you back and down the other sleeve.

You simply cannot lose the gloves, take them off and the just dangle there alongside your hands.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Is it just me?

I only lose the right glove. I have about 20 left handed gloves. It's inconvenient!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I stop to rest and take them off because I am hot
None of your hiking clothes have pockets?

Beyond that, it sounds like you're over dressed. Long pants ( no thermals ) + Long baselayer shirt + fleece vest + knit hat + lightweight gloves works for me down to 40ish deg F. And I don't have to shed a thing ( unless the temp rises above 55ish ). The secret is the vest. Hands don't get too sweaty or hot because cool air can get to the arms. My gloves stay on the whole time even when stopping.

Audie

Veteran Member
Is it just me?

Not me. It's too hot for gloves here.