• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter gloves

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As I recall, the Three Little Kittens who lost their mittens didn't get any pie.

images

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, but I don't really need them where I live, though if your out on foot late night/early during winter months just about any glove will work.
But I can't manage to get a pair of Mechanix gloves to last that long, no more than a few months.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
None of your hiking clothes have pockets?

Beyond that, it sounds like you're over dressed. Long pants ( no thermals ) + Long baselayer shirt + fleece vest + knit hat + lightweight gloves works for me down to 40ish deg F. And I don't have to shed a thing ( unless the temp rises above 55ish ). The secret is the vest. Hands don't get too sweaty or hot because cool air can get to the arms. My gloves stay on the whole time even when stopping.
I've found leather is best. It's comfy when it's a bit chilly out, keeps you warm when it's freezing, and it lasts a super long time.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Ha!! But I usually don't find them. But always rationalize there are some cozy critter nests this winter and im not wasting resources.. These gloves are so cozy and very versatile. Glad I found them. Many trails later..

I don't know about anyone else, but i csnstand the Ukrainian people being in pain. The beautiful town of Kherson. Look at it on google street view before and news clips of now. Same with Kiev. The poor people living in cold and fear. Others around the planet starving.

I can't stand having full shelves and a full belly right now. It just isn't fair. Just venting. I know there isn't too much we can do. But it makes me hurt.

Thanks to all for your help with winter gloves. I know why I lose them. I also know what I need to do to keep them. Just a matter of doing it.

Attachments

• 20221218_151758.jpg
    20221218_151758.jpg
    877.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221218_151204.jpg
    20221218_151204.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 1

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
@Guitar's Cry

I know about the pile of left hand gloves. Damn if I don't save them because I know eventually they will have a single right hand match.

What part of Maine do you lose gloves in? I'm in the outskirts of progressive Mainers but still living amongst mostly hold out Trumpsters..ypu know, the **** Biden banners in their groomed yards. Then we have the Canadian Mainers up north where everyone is cool. Western Mainer Vermonters..lol.[/QUOTE]

JIMMY12345

Is it just me?

At the beginning of every, starting to get cold season, I start losing gloves in the woods.

I start out with gloves on because the north wind is blowing and it is very cold. I start walking and working on my trails in my woods.

I stop to rest and take them off because I am hot, and LEAVE them somewhere never to be found again.

It seems such a waste. By January in Maine, I can no longer take them off on my trail expeditions because it's too cold, so the new replacement gloves I have to buy. are safe from accidental loss.

But where the heck are all the ones I lost in the woods in pre-winter? They are NEVER around come spring.

Oops, wrong pic..I'll try again for a trail pic
Congratulations.People like you are supporting the local glove industry and keeping people in work.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
What part of Maine do you lose gloves in? I'm in the outskirts of progressive Mainers but still living amongst mostly hold out Trumpsters..ypu know, the **** Biden banners in their groomed yards. Then we have the Canadian Mainers up north where everyone is cool. Western Mainer Vermonters..lol.

Mostly the Western Foothills. LOTS of Trumpsters (or at least more people who fly the flags and stick the stickers on their trucks).

Audie

Veteran Member
I find them and add them to my vast glove collection...

I also lose a lot of gloves in Maine woods. Usually, it is before a snowstorm when they get buried and I end up finding them in the Spring.
I left mine behind in the US of A.
Don't need them here.