• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winged Auras?

Erebus

Let me change enlightened to a better phrase: awakened. Awakened is a state where you are more in tune with the universe, where you can see things more clearly and begin seeing things unclouded through the self. It is not dependent upon age at all. Enlightenment is also not dependent upon age. Nor are the two dependent upon one's success or failures.
A failed relationship is no reflection of the universe at odds with you or your faults spiritually. There are many reasons a relationship could fail. It is the union of individuals, and therefore it is subject to faults and decay.
The aura is loosely defined as bioelectric energy emitted by the body. It reflects one's emotions, physical health, spiritual strength, thoughts, disease, etc. The depth and color of the aura can show these attributes.
Aura wings are is a display of strong energy within the individual. Where the energy comes from is a bit harder to explain. I attribute it to an awakening. It could be physical, mental, or spiritual. Through refinement of these sources we grow, and experiencing and epiphany through one often leads to an awakening: a deeper connection to the universe.
A boost to all three aspects (body, mind, soul) increases the aura, and a decline can decreases it.
Some attribute winged messengers (christian or otherwise) as beings with such auras, not with actual wings, and the "halo" as being the crown chakra open, usually representing elightenment. Whether true or not is a personal opinion.
In some families of martial arts, students are taught about qi/ki/chi/chakra/spirit/whatever. These are within the body, but can be transferred outward, either by lack of control or control. Lack of control is in most, which is why we cannot perform martial feats ascribed to legendary warriors, but through learning to control, one can heal, kill, move objects, jump farther, all manner of feats. And often, not always, through the refinement of qi, an awakening can occur.
Through philosophy, the seeking of truth, one can also stumble upon awakenings.
Spiritually it happens when one's view and relationship to the permeating energy that IS, grows.

Ahh right, that makes more sense. Thankyou for sharing, that was really quite helpful :)

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Wing Chun, mostly. My aunt teaches Kenpo. I have also studied Taichi and qigong to help with my wing chun and being in general.

Hmmm I study Tai Chi also. I only recently have become more sensitive to energy however. I haven't really encountered anybody thus far that can sense energy well. I know this is kinda off topic from the OP, but could you perhaps help me figure out a good daily routine of Tai Chi, qigong, and other exercise to do? If you can please pm me. I understand that was kind of a broad question, but I have been having trouble getting a good one down and sticking with it.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I have a huge interest in Tai Chi... but haven't taken a class, just watched a video ;)

Metalic Wings

I'm more into Yoga myself. I've only taken a few free classes offered at my college, but I really enjoy it. I have major stress issues and it's nice to be ale to relax (and nice to get a little more flexible too!).

On topic with the thread, auras are something that I"ve always been interested in, but haven't really taken the time to look into.

I had a dance teacher who was into a simliar topic. She is a yoga instructor and her big thing is she says she can see angels. Because of this she does a lot of work with energy. I'd be interested to get her view on the matter, actually, because I think she more leans to guardian angels than auras in particular.