• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winged Auras?

Erebus

Ok, this has been bugging me for a while.

When other people look at my aura, they tell me that it arches out to form "wings". So far nobody has been able to offer an explanation, they just say that it is unusual since auras mostly just form a hazy mist or glow around a person's outline and don't actually take a distinctive form. Now I've had a look around online and can't find any explanations that make sense to me.

So... any ideas about what this could be?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
A friend of mine once said that those who are "awakened" have such wings... but she didn't say what she meant by 'awakened'..

Erebus

A friend of mine once said that those who are "awakened" have such wings... but she didn't say what she meant by 'awakened'..

Sounds interesting. If you speak to her again please would you ask what she means?:)

It isn't unusual to have auric wings, well, not abnormal anyway. Much depends on your flow of Chi/Chakra/Life Energy, whatever. I cannot see auras, but I can feel and sense them. Not many do possess auric wings. I believe it has to do with enlightenment, as the chi flow depends on the state of the mind, body, and spirit. To have such a display of energy around a person usually, in my experience and findings, shows one in tuned, or enlightened. I'm not saying enlightened as in you've reached Nirvana, but you may have reached a place where things begin to come together, and you are beginning to see that.
Just my opinion, I don't know much about you. If you want me to explain my views to you better, hit me up, and let me know how the universe has been to you lately.

Erebus

It isn't unusual to have auric wings, well, not abnormal anyway. Much depends on your flow of Chi/Chakra/Life Energy, whatever. I cannot see auras, but I can feel and sense them. Not many do possess auric wings. I believe it has to do with enlightenment, as the chi flow depends on the state of the mind, body, and spirit. To have such a display of energy around a person usually, in my experience and findings, shows one in tuned, or enlightened. I'm not saying enlightened as in you've reached Nirvana, but you may have reached a place where things begin to come together, and you are beginning to see that.
Just my opinion, I don't know much about you. If you want me to explain my views to you better, hit me up, and let me know how the universe has been to you lately.

How is the Universe treating me? Well recently a relationship I was working at broke down before it even got off the ground, so that was a definite downer. Aside from that I can't really complain. I'm reasonably comfortable in most aspects of my life. Life certainly treats me better than it treats a lot of people.

Your viewpoint is interesting and I'd definitely like to hear more about it (either via PM or on this thread, whichever you prefer) though I'm not sure that as a 19 year old student who is currently trying to move on from a failed relationship I can really qualify as enlightened in any sense of the word :cool:

Demonic Kitten

I see.

Do you have any theories on it?

I am a student of martial arts so my opinion comes from that. The aura is the same thing as Ki (Chi or Qi). It represent the energy that flows through everything. I believe that external ki (aura's) can take the shape of animals. Each one of us has an inner animal that is waiting to be set free. Maybe you have wings because your inner animal is a bird of some sort. There have been some people who have said that it looked like I had cat ears and a tail. Sometimes when I get excited or apprehensive I almost feel as if I have control over those auric limbs. Of course all this may come from the fact that I have more cat traits than human traits. >_<

Of course that's just my opinion on the matter.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while.

When other people look at my aura, they tell me that it arches out to form "wings". So far nobody has been able to offer an explanation, they just say that it is unusual since auras mostly just form a hazy mist or glow around a person's outline and don't actually take a distinctive form. Now I've had a look around online and can't find any explanations that make sense to me.

So... any ideas about what this could be?
This has all was interested me. One reason is because I have had other tell me the same thing. The first time I just payed no mind to it. The 2nd and 3rd time it got me thinking(this would be because each time was from some one different, and each person didn't know each other, and it was a est 6 month from each encounter).

Erebus

I am a student of martial arts so my opinion comes from that. The aura is the same thing as Ki (Chi or Qi). It represent the energy that flows through everything. I believe that external ki (aura's) can take the shape of animals. Each one of us has an inner animal that is waiting to be set free. Maybe you have wings because your inner animal is a bird of some sort. There have been some people who have said that it looked like I had cat ears and a tail. Sometimes when I get excited or apprehensive I almost feel as if I have control over those auric limbs. Of course all this may come from the fact that I have more cat traits than human traits. >_<

That's interesting considering my element is actually Air.

Thankyou :)

Let me change enlightened to a better phrase: awakened. Awakened is a state where you are more in tune with the universe, where you can see things more clearly and begin seeing things unclouded through the self. It is not dependent upon age at all. Enlightenment is also not dependent upon age. Nor are the two dependent upon one's success or failures.
A failed relationship is no reflection of the universe at odds with you or your faults spiritually. There are many reasons a relationship could fail. It is the union of individuals, and therefore it is subject to faults and decay.
The aura is loosely defined as bioelectric energy emitted by the body. It reflects one's emotions, physical health, spiritual strength, thoughts, disease, etc. The depth and color of the aura can show these attributes.
Aura wings are is a display of strong energy within the individual. Where the energy comes from is a bit harder to explain. I attribute it to an awakening. It could be physical, mental, or spiritual. Through refinement of these sources we grow, and experiencing and epiphany through one often leads to an awakening: a deeper connection to the universe.
A boost to all three aspects (body, mind, soul) increases the aura, and a decline can decreases it.
Some attribute winged messengers (christian or otherwise) as beings with such auras, not with actual wings, and the "halo" as being the crown chakra open, usually representing elightenment. Whether true or not is a personal opinion.
In some families of martial arts, students are taught about qi/ki/chi/chakra/spirit/whatever. These are within the body, but can be transferred outward, either by lack of control or control. Lack of control is in most, which is why we cannot perform martial feats ascribed to legendary warriors, but through learning to control, one can heal, kill, move objects, jump farther, all manner of feats. And often, not always, through the refinement of qi, an awakening can occur.
Through philosophy, the seeking of truth, one can also stumble upon awakenings.
Spiritually it happens when one's view and relationship to the permeating energy that IS, grows.

Last edited:

I am a student of martial arts as well. Well-met! What do you study?
The belief that there is an animal spirit within is a global belief, it stems from shamanistic paths across the world. They are called totems, spirit animals, protectors, guardians, a plethora of titles. I enjoy your view that it is the reflection of the inner animal, but perhaps it is working with the energies of the animal that helps to refine qi and the aura grows from both one's own spirit and the animal's.
I used to study shamanic paths, and while on it, my totem was revealed as a tiger, and I have noticed some urges and qualities related to the animal. Perhaps it is part of our own spirit which is helping us to find our way to the source, and to help us stay connected.

Demonic Kitten

I am a student of martial arts as well. Well-met! What do you study?
The belief that there is an animal spirit within is a global belief, it stems from shamanistic paths across the world. They are called totems, spirit animals, protectors, guardians, a plethora of titles. I enjoy your view that it is the reflection of the inner animal, but perhaps it is working with the energies of the animal that helps to refine qi and the aura grows from both one's own spirit and the animal's.
I used to study shamanic paths, and while on it, my totem was revealed as a tiger, and I have noticed some urges and qualities related to the animal. Perhaps it is part of our own spirit which is helping us to find our way to the source, and to help us stay connected.

I study Hapkido, specifically the Tiger Shark Hapkido style. What about you? ^_^

Hmmm...I haven't thought about it that way, but it makes sense. I can't say my point of view about that comes from anywhere. It's just something I believe, but when you put it that way my believe makes more sense. How would one go about getting into researching the shamanic paths? (My curiosity is going to get me in trouble one day >_<)

Wing Chun, mostly. My aunt teaches Kenpo. I have also studied Taichi and qigong to help with my wing chun and being in general.
There are shamanic threads here. I grew up in an area with many Native Americans, so that is where my study began. I also found many books about shamanic paths. The best teacher is a real teacher, but where one cannot be found, books will suffice, they will at least open the door for you. In shamanic paths, it also teaches the importance of keeping one's health and actions healthy, as a lack in these two can cause part of the spirit to weaken and another entity to take its place. This could also have an effect on the aura: as one's spirit dwindles and is replaced by something else. There is a ritual: spirit journey, where a shaman undergoes a "journey" to help retrieve the soul. There is something similar in Taoist strains as well. Humans have two spirits: an Earth and a Heaven spirit. We try to fuse the two together, but if we fail, they are separated. The separation can happen during life, or after death. If after death, the Earth spirit could become a ghost.

Last edited:

Demonic Kitten

Ah okay. I've heard of those styles. I want to learn qigong, but no one in my area teaches it.

I'll have to go exploring...thank you!