• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wind

tomspug

Absorbant
Wind is crazy! I look up the sky, and I try to imagine the pure amount of force that is moving above me, constantly, at speeds that could blow over a building, pushing huge masses of moisture and gas around, with no signs of stopping, endlessly swirling around our planet, and it is ENTIRELY INVISIBLE! The only whiff of its power you see are its smallest quantities, blowing leaves or dust around or, at its best, in the power of tornadoes and hurricanes, which is only a figment of its untapped potential. I mean, all it is is PURE FORCE, pushing against itself, pushing other things around. I don't know, I was just thinking about it now, and I think it's crazy awesome!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Yeah. Wind is pretty crazy. I think trees are pretty awesome. They are so big and they just sit there, doing nothing all day. Those guys are so weird. I love trees so much. I think they are unappreciated. I always feel sad when someone cuts down a tree, even if it's a dead one. I just think it's cool that they are so big, just sticking out of the ground like that. What are they up to? What are those trees doing just sticking up out of the ground all the time? They look so weird. Oh my god! I love trees!

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Wow with all that energy why dont we put up a windmill and make electricity or put a sail on a boat and travel around the earth. Cool stuff.

Cheers

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend claris,
you are imaginative , we are thinking the same thing
Yes, there is no end to thinking. Stilling the thoughts is what religion is all about.

Welcome to RF!
Best Wishes.

Love & rgds

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
After today, walking to and from class in the horrible freezing wind, while the snow stung my face, this is what I think about wind: Wind is a ***** mother ******! **** you, wind!

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Wind is crazy! I look up the sky, and I try to imagine the pure amount of force that is moving above me, constantly, at speeds that could blow over a building, pushing huge masses of moisture and gas around, with no signs of stopping, endlessly swirling around our planet, and it is ENTIRELY INVISIBLE! The only whiff of its power you see are its smallest quantities, blowing leaves or dust around or, at its best, in the power of tornadoes and hurricanes, which is only a figment of its untapped potential. I mean, all it is is PURE FORCE, pushing against itself, pushing other things around. I don't know, I was just thinking about it now, and I think it's crazy awesome!

Hmmm. I propose we make flying wind turbines that can harness that continuous wind. They could be like kites or something. Probably over the ocean in case one came down...Genius! I am going to market this immediately.

edit: Yeah wind is pretty amazing. Unless it makes the 19 degrees Fahrenheit feel like 3 degrees. I mean isn't it cold enough?

Baydwin

It's not really invisible, anymore than bacteria are invisible, you just can't see it with your naked eyes. It's just air moving from high pressure to low pressure, not really any different or more mysterious than letting the air out of a tire.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm really hating the wind right now. Bitter coldness is being made worse by very strong winds. My pilot keeps being blown out. I was being blown around by it last night. If it was summer time, it would be much better. Except for the time it was so strong it blew a window off it's tracks.

Metalic Wings

I love wind. Even when it's freezing, I still can't hate it.

It is so amazingly powerful. And breath-taking.

As a kid, wind was the reason I believed in magic.