• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Train Travel Be As Security Riddled as Planes?

KittensAngel

Boldly Proudly Not PC
Bin Laden eyed US rails from his secret compound

By EILEEN SULLIVAN, Associated Press Fri May 6,

WASHINGTON – Holed up in a compound in Pakistan, Osama bin Laden was scheming how to hit the United States hard again, according to newly uncovered documents that show al-Qaida plans for derailing an American train on the upcoming 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. (Full Article)

It's a thought, considering this article and that Amtrak is Government owned, as it's sole share holder of a non-traded stock.
September 11, 2001 showed the citizens of this country how a foreign terrorist strike on U.S. soil can change the lives and livelihood of law abiding citizens almost over night. Or, to be near exact, in less than 31/2 weeks, when the U.S. Patriot Act was drafted, passed through the legislative process (House/Senate) and signed into law by Bush 43.

With gas prices skyrocketing, thanks to the chaos in the middle east, it's going to be an interesting summer.

Rakhel

Amtrak Beefs Up Security At Penn Station, Along Northeast Corridor - NY1.com

And this is what we see when we go to Penn station
tumblr_l0ss5lDr741qzw8cyo1_500.jpg

Subway stations
0330-New-York-subway.jpg_full_600.jpg

Ferry terminals
l64313-2.jpg

This is a common site when riding the Staten Island ferry

1296fa6eb5935440fa8596a28327_grande.jpg

Rakhel

And the best thing to do, as a local, is to act as if this is normal. Actually, here, this is normal.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yet another reason I can't wait to get out of this nation. Hopefully though I can do it before it becomes a difficult process and the public at large is lead to believe that only those who hate America and terrorist want to leave God's chosen land. All any of this "heightened" security has done is bestow many woes upon law abiding citizens, while bombs and guns still make it through.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yet another reason I can't wait to get out of this nation. Hopefully though I can do it before it becomes a difficult process and the public at large is lead to believe that only those who hate America and terrorist want to leave God's chosen land. All any of this "heightened" security has done is bestow many woes upon law abiding citizens, while bombs and guns still make it through.
TSA goons are too busy copping feels to notice weapons.
Miss America Sexually Molested by TSA?! Fondled Vagina? | RadioPlanet.tv | Where Hip Hop Meets Hollywood