• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will NATO go to war against Russia?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm going with a not a freaking chance that NATO will launch an actual offensive.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The cost-benefit analysis of NATO going to war against Russia for this probably doesn't justify military action.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Ukraine is not a NATO member so there's absolutely no obligation for the West to help them.
But if Putin ever decides to invade Latvia and/or Lithuania which ARE Nato members, it'll really hit the fan..;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings, Shuttle!

Are you going to start a thread to introduce yourself?
If so, I give gifts there.
Btw, don't worry about the rumors.
I've stopped giving out these (too unpopular)...
b2fafe14c16c11e2a52022000a1f9e5e_7.jpg

Reactions: MD

XIII-Legion

No. Doesn't matter what Russia does in the Ukraine; but neither side would be stupid to go to war against one another. Neither side would want to be embroiled in a conflict that might lead to mutual assured destruction.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I'm inclined to believe that the currency crisis is at least partly due to Western influence.

Apocalypse-Now

En Sabah Nur
Will this escalate into a full blown conflict? This is getting out of control:
No, it won't escalate to a full blown conflict, even though Canada and other NATO countries have mobilized their airforce and ground troops. But it's simply meant to send a clear signal to Putin that he won't be allowed to attack NATO countries next to the Ukraine; but let's just remind ourselves that NATO countries aren't required to retaliate in anyway, shape or form because Ukraine isn't part of NATO.

NATO will only respond if one of its members are attacked by an external aggressor; and even so, no constituent country is legally required to throw its weight behind NATO. But it would be down to each country's discretion whether or not they should respond to an aggressor.

Besides, any full scale conflict would be far too dangerous because there's no guarantee that Russia won't retaliate with nuclear weapons if they felt under threat; because NATO is much stronger than Russia in terms of its conventional forces, and Putin might resort to nuclear weapons if he felt that Russia's conventional forces wouldn't hold out in direct conflict with NATO.

So such military mobilization doesn't serve to demonstrate that NATO would soon go to war against Russia; but the only point is to send a clear signal to Putin that NATO won't tolerate its members under threat by Russian forces.

Full scale conflict would be far too dangerous; and despite troop mobilizations, there is no prospect of any escalation into full blown conflict.

Last edited:

V lad i mir

Russia don't start wars, but finish em in capitol city of offender. Europe got weird tradition - about every hundred years get together and go to Russia to get they're *** kicked. War in Ukraine? Shale gas war.US Vice President Joe Biden, whose son is a member of the board of directors of the largest Ukrainian oil and gas company Burisma Holdings, uses the crisis in Ukraine for personal purposes, pursuing financial interests, writes the German media.http://www.vz.ru/news/2014/10/16/710798.html http://by24.org/2014/04/28/gas_in_donbass_is_the_real_reason_of_the_war_of_russia_against_ukraine/