• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Don Find the Ark?

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
You know the answer to that as well as I do. It also is why they refuse to learn what is and what is not evidence. There is no evidence for their beliefs and they are aware of that. Plausible deniability is all that they have left.
Oh no. You aren't saying that there really is a religious agenda are you? Heaven forbid. And we have been told repeatedly that there is no religious agenda here.

I am not even certain if they have that. Just plain old deniability.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You know the answer to that as well as I do. It also is why they refuse to learn what is and what is not evidence. There is no evidence for their beliefs and they are aware of that. Plausible deniability is all that they have left.
People used to have to go to the drive in movies to see as much projection as I am seeing from our bibliolater friend.

sooda

Veteran Member
So true. You would think that something would sink through sooner or later. Instead you have to deny all branches of science to maintain your beliefs in myths.

Fundamentalists and literalists drive young people away from faith beginning at about age ten even when they love their parents and play along for a few more years.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
If the honest intentions of this thread and others like it were to establish an actual rebuttal to the evidence and scientific conclusions, they would include a number of features that never come up.

There would be no religious agenda. The snarky emojis in place of valid response would be absent. Questions would be answered clearly, succinctly and with supporting argument, including reference to evidence. Supporting evidence would be explained and the important details in excessively long videos would be highlighted with details that let the viewer know where to look and for what. Sweeping claims would be absent.

Any thoughts about what you would expect to see if the intent of this was not part of a religious agenda to replace science, devalue education and knowledge and curtail human curiosity and honest scholarship?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Fundamentalists and literalists drive young people away from faith beginning at about age ten even when they love their parents and play along for a few more years.
I have never looked into the idea, but I have noted a small body of anecdotal evidence that places some significance on the age of 10 as a pivotal time in our development of independence of thought. At some point, I must take the time to look and see what is known and compare my notes.

Fundamentalists and literalists are their own worst enemies.

sooda

Veteran Member
If the honest intentions of this thread and others like it were to establish an actual rebuttal to the evidence and scientific conclusions, they would include a number of features that never come up.

There would be no religious agenda. The snarky emojis in place of valid response would be absent. Questions would be answered clearly, succinctly and with supporting argument, including reference to evidence. Supporting evidence would be explained and the important details in excessively long videos would be highlighted with details that let the viewer know where to look and for what. Sweeping claims would be absent.

Any thoughts about what you would expect to see if the intent of this was not part of a religious agenda to replace science, devalue education and knowledge and curtail human curiosity and honest scholarship?

Perhaps some of these cults see education as a threat.