• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why This Growing Trend?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's My Birthday!
I don't use social media... Does RF count. I'm not here to make friends. You should know that.
Oh wait. I join meetings with fellow believers on zoom. :facepalm:
Eum... Your 'what if' question asked what one should do when feeling left out on social media. So I don't get this reply...

Sounds like arguing for the sake of arguing. Utterly irrelevant.

Oh well

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Perhaps you missed the point.
Take away the elderly, and your percentage is still lower.
Aside from that, it supports my point. People use God as a crutch, when they have nothing, or are lacking what they thought was security.
No amount of "security" can stop you dying.
I did not miss it. That is Exactly my point.
People believe because they got scared. And the closer they get to oblivion, the more scared they get. They make up Gods as an extension of their natural instinct of survival.

Unfortunately, that happens with all faiths, which might explain the naturalistic origins of belief, but certainly gives you no evidence in the object of the belief, actually it just shows how unreliable it is.

I'm saying both secular and religious lands are the same - none offer anything better than the other.
There is only one people that makes a difference. I chose that.
So, you believe living in Sweden is as good or bad as living in Iran.

Only if you are not listening to what I am saying... or you are not understanding.
The Bible is not religion. Living by its standards is not religion.
So, no, I don't think you got the OP.
And I tell you that its standards include executing children, people who work on the weekend, and force a raped a young girl to marry her rapist. Among many other pearls of moral wisdom.

who cares if it is religion or not? That is what following it would lead to, if you really follow it, and not just decide separately what to follow and what not, undermining therefore the usability thereof.

So, again, if following a guide is good per se, despite such counter intuitive teachings, then following Hitler’s Mein Kampf is good too. If religion is not part of the equation, as you said.

Well I am not talking about where I live. Where I live, is relatively peaceful. Not quite different to where you live, and what we read in the paper, or hear on the news.
‘Very chaotic situation’: Gun violence on the rise in Sweden
Rate of fatal shootings in Sweden ranks ‘very high’ compared to other European countries, says Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention
:eek:
What? No thanks. I'll stay where I am.
I think some people tend to live on pipe dreams.
Well, there are admittedly some areas with immigration issues. Mainly theists, not Christians, who cannot accept our secular values.

i think Sweden should be more like Denmark, when it comes to immigration, and things would improve a lot. We are much too sweet.

Yeah. Dreams tend to do that to us. I find a lot of people don't like to wake up to reality.
What dreams? What reality?

you mean dreams like God, or Allah, or Zeus?

Yes. They are. Did you not read that in the Bible?
I find people say they read the Bible, but then they say, and believe things that makes one wonder... Which Bible?
You mean people who might not believe a little girl should marry her rapist? You might have a pint here.

And how many Bibles are there? Is there a Babel of Bibles?

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
@viole I only just took the time to read past the headlines.
Am I glad I did.
LONDON
In the last decade, gang-related shootings have escalated in Sweden, with authorities struggling to contain the war-like violence.

The Scandinavian country is now often referred to as “the capital of Europe” when it comes to deadly shootings.

This year has been the bloodiest on record in Sweden as 48 fatal shootings have taken place so far..

That's was April 2022.
Now, I am interested in this tear.
Since it's obviously not religion to blame, what was your point again?
What makes you think religion is not to blame here?

if I walk with my mini rock in some parts of Malmö, with very high levels of i migration, i might also get harassed. But not by atheists, I tell you that.

Ciao

- viole

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

if I walk with my mini rock in some parts of Malmö, with very high levels of i migration, i might also get harassed. But not by atheists, I tell you that.

Ciao

- viole
My Swedish grandmother came from Skanee in Sweden [different spelling] and moved to Skanee, Michigan, and she was born on a wagon en route from Minneapolis in 1897. I may have mentioned this to you before.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I did not miss it. That is Exactly my point.
People believe because they got scared. And the closer they get to oblivion, the more scared they get. They make up Gods as an extension of their natural instinct of survival.
The young are scared because...? Oh. They are not scared, but brainwashed right.
You think you have all the answers, but you don't. Atheism only exists because people love vice.
Do you know the first atheist?

Unfortunately, that happens with all faiths, which might explain the naturalistic origins of belief, but certainly gives you no evidence in the object of the belief, actually it just shows how unreliable it is.
Actually, that cannot be true, since most religions are made up of majority young people.

So, you believe living in Sweden is as good or bad as living in Iran.
Do you believe living in a house is better than living in the bush?
Why do some people choose to live in the bush?

And I tell you that its standards include executing children, people who work on the weekend, and force a raped a young girl to marry her rapist. Among many other pearls of moral wisdom.
No. This is what I mean by not understanding what to follow means.
First let me address the misrepresentation of the Bible, which atheists push and then attack.

There is no standard in the Bible saying execute children. There is no standard in the Bible for a young girl to marry her rapist.
The Israelites were under ruled by God. Hence, under that rule, laws were to be obeyed. Violation of those laws carried penalties.
These were enforced.

These "children" who were executed were not minors. None were. Minors were instructed by their parents, according to the law.
"Children", of age, to understand the law, and apply it, were judged based on the fact that they were responsible for their actions.
The standard there was, God's Laws are not made to be broken, and God does not fail to enforce laws. He is a God of justice.
We benefit too, from obeying.

A young girl who was "raped" - atheists allege... according to the Bible, found to have been in the act of sexual intercourse, was to marry the one they were found in the act with. Rapist - that is, those guilty of rape - not based on allegations - were to be put to death.

If you read a Bible that says otherwise, may I suggest you get another Bible... or perhaps read it carefully.

Secondly, to follow the Bible, one needs to understand that the laws that govern Israel, only applied to that nation.
The principles however, apply for all generations.
When God rules the whole earth, everyone would be under those laws, and required to live by them, or face the penalties.

who cares if it is religion or not? That is what following it would lead to, if you really follow it, and not just decide separately what to follow and what not, undermining therefore the usability thereof.
Millions of people care. You don't have to care. Not many care if you do.
I only care because I want the best for you.

Following means, keeping up with what it says. It says God's people are under the law of Christ.
To give an example, the Israelites were given instructions concerning warfare. Christians are given instructions concerning warfare.
If you are following, you would not be lost as to the difference.
If you are not following, you get left behind... stuck on things that do not apply... for reasons you don't understand.

So, again, if following a guide is good per se, despite such counter intuitive teachings, then following Hitler’s Mein Kampf is good too. If religion is not part of the equation, as you said.
What counter intuitive teaching? The only ones I see are those misrepresentations atheist inject.

Well, there are admittedly some areas with immigration issues. Mainly theists, not Christians, who cannot accept our secular values.

i think Sweden should be more like Denmark, when it comes to immigration, and things would improve a lot. We are much too sweet.
You do think a lot of things. Dream big, they say.

What dreams? What reality?

you mean dreams like God, or Allah, or Zeus?
I wonder what those would look like. I don't think anyone would dream up a God that people would refer to as a monster, do you?
If God was dreamed up, he would be like what many people claim - the sweetest thing, that wouldn't harm a fly. Do you know of any god like that?
Good. Me neither. God is good, but being good, means executing righteousness and justice in all the earth... which means harming "flies", if they seek to contaminate, or harm the earth, and its inhabitants. So God is no dream.

People do come up with concepts of God though. So you do get a lot of different kinds of gods.
Allah means God though. It's just Arabic.

You mean people who might not believe a little girl should marry her rapist? You might have a pint here.
Yes, because that's not in the Bible.
Feel free to read it a hundred times. Deuteronomy 22:23-29
I guarantee you... only atheists will see "a little girl should marry her rapist". They have extra vision, you see - the ability to see what's not written.

And how many Bibles are there? Is there a Babel of Bibles?

Ciao

- viole
Apparently. There seem to exist the ones in atheists' heads.
I can't help you with that one.

nPeace

Veteran Member

Ciao

- viole
Gun violence in Sweden (Swedish: skjutningar or gängskjutningar, "gang shootings") increased steeply among males aged 15 to 29 in the two decades prior to 2018, in addition to a rising trend in gun violence there was also a high rate of gun violence in Sweden compared to other countries in Western Europe.

By 2021, gun violence by crime gangs had increased tenfold since the early 1990s.

1280px-Sweden-crime-1976-2016-robbery-sex-murder.svg.png

So, you are telling me that all of a sudden, Sweden has been overrun by religious people, and young people at that. :D
I guess they sent over a whole heap of young religious people to terrorize good ole Sweden. :)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The young are scared because...? Oh. They are not scared, but brainwashed right.
You think you have all the answers, but you don't. Atheism only exists because people love vice.
Do you know the first atheist?

Actually, that cannot be true, since most religions are made up of majority young people.

Do you believe living in a house is better than living in the bush?
Why do some people choose to live in the bush?

No. This is what I mean by not understanding what to follow means.
First let me address the misrepresentation of the Bible, which atheists push and then attack.

There is no standard in the Bible saying execute children. There is no standard in the Bible for a young girl to marry her rapist.
The Israelites were under ruled by God. Hence, under that rule, laws were to be obeyed. Violation of those laws carried penalties.
These were enforced.

These "children" who were executed were not minors. None were. Minors were instructed by their parents, according to the law.
"Children", of age, to understand the law, and apply it, were judged based on the fact that they were responsible for their actions.
The standard there was, God's Laws are not made to be broken, and God does not fail to enforce laws. He is a God of justice.
We benefit too, from obeying.

A young girl who was "raped" - atheists allege... according to the Bible, found to have been in the act of sexual intercourse, was to marry the one they were found in the act with. Rapist - that is, those guilty of rape - not based on allegations - were to be put to death.

If you read a Bible that says otherwise, may I suggest you get another Bible... or perhaps read it carefully.

Secondly, to follow the Bible, one needs to understand that the laws that govern Israel, only applied to that nation.
The principles however, apply for all generations.
When God rules the whole earth, everyone would be under those laws, and required to live by them, or face the penalties.

Millions of people care. You don't have to care. Not many care if you do.
I only care because I want the best for you.

Following means, keeping up with what it says. It says God's people are under the law of Christ.
To give an example, the Israelites were given instructions concerning warfare. Christians are given instructions concerning warfare.
If you are following, you would not be lost as to the difference.
If you are not following, you get left behind... stuck on things that do not apply... for reasons you don't understand.

What counter intuitive teaching? The only ones I see are those misrepresentations atheist inject.

You do think a lot of things. Dream big, they say.

I wonder what those would look like. I don't think anyone would dream up a God that people would refer to as a monster, do you?
If God was dreamed up, he would be like what many people claim - the sweetest thing, that wouldn't harm a fly. Do you know of any god like that?
Good. Me neither. God is good, but being good, means executing righteousness and justice in all the earth... which means harming "flies", if they seek to contaminate, or harm the earth, and its inhabitants. So God is no dream.

People do come up with concepts of God though. So you do get a lot of different kinds of gods.
Allah means God though. It's just Arabic.

Yes, because that's not in the Bible.
Feel free to read it a hundred times. Deuteronomy 22:23-29
I guarantee you... only atheists will see "a little girl should marry her rapist". They have extra vision, you see - the ability to see what's not written.

Apparently. There seem to exist the ones in atheists' heads.
I can't help you with that one.
No. Atheism exists because people lack belief in god(s). Not because we love vice. :rolleyes:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Having lived through the double-digit inflation of the 1970s, the double-digit mortgages of the 1980s, "Black Friday" in 1987, the dot com collapse, and the credit crisis ("Great Recession") of 2008-09, I have a hard time thinking of our current economy as a "crisis."
I guess its all where you are when it hits you. I can't relate to some of what you've listed because of my age(38), but the situation in 2008 didn't affect me in the least. The current situation has bitten me pretty hard in the butt at times.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Me too. What of it? Don't try to hide from your bigoted view being challenged.
Me? Hide? Don't think too much of yourself. I'm not going to compete with you, on who can say something that makes them feel they accomplished something. :)

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Reading through this thread again after being absent for a while...

Zooming out, I'd say the OP gave people a chance to voice very real concerns on a lot of topics.

But I think you're overthinking it. If you're young and at all aware of the world, it's clear that previous generations have most probably ruined your future. The environment is being steadily eviscerated, rising sea levels are on pace to displace a BILLION people from their homes, which will undoubtedly cause massive conflicts, wealth and income inequality are making remote the prospect of just being middle class, you're not going to be able to afford your own home, your health prospects are worse than your parents', and on and on.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Thats about as off base as the claim atheism exists due to the love of vice.
Not really.

I could believe in a God that sends people committing vice to heaven, and the others to hell. And go ahead with my vice, while being a devout believer.

Ciao

- viole