• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the hell do we need relgion ?.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Did I hear someone say Tengri?? ^__^

No. Tiw is an Old English name for the God named Tyr in Old Norse. He's effectively the Sky Father (and likely the Allfather before Woden took that title during the Migration Age), and whose domains include Order, Honor, and Justice.

Nyiix

No. Tiw is an Old English name for the God named Tyr in Old Norse. He's effectively the Sky Father (and likely the Allfather before Woden took that title during the Migration Age), and whose domains include Order, Honor, and Justice.

Noo, I only referred to the 'skygod' part ^^, wasn't talking about your personal belief!

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Religion is a path to Truth. At least, that's what i think.

Nyiix

But are we so stupid that we cannot find our own guidelines, my god I have worked it out that we should harm each other, so why the hell do I need a god in the sky to tell me how to treat others.........what I am saying is that we must be stupid to need a god.

Of course we can! That is what happens! Religion is an ideology (group of rules/ideas/beliefs) that just received a label. And again.. I wouldn't say that people are stupid if they need a god.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Yes I do, but that is very rare, certainly not in the billions of religions that don't see that.
Jainism and Buddhism are primarily non-theistic and they're major religions. Actually, if you take a global view, most religions are indigenous/tribal religions that are primarily animistic and about maintaining good relationships with the local spirits and ancestors. Abrahamic religions and even the Dharmic religions are the exceptions and not the rule.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Religion is a path to Truth. At least, that's what i think.
Yes anything can be a path to so called religion, or what I call, the truth, or Consciousness. But the truth cannot be a religion, religion needs people to believe in, but this is not religion, religion is found within each one of us and nowhere else.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Jainism and Buddhism are primarily non-theistic and they're major religions. Actually, if you take a global view, most religions are indigenous/tribal religions that are primarily animistic and about maintaining good relationships with the local spirits and ancestors. Abrahamic religions and even the Dharmic religions are the exceptions and not the rule.
It doesn't matter where religion comes from, there are billions of ideas what religion is or should be, and all are just that, ideas. These ideas became what we call religion, and of course these ideas came from our imagination that we call religion.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Yes I do, but that is very rare, certainly not in the billions of religions that don't see that.

Disregarding them simply because they're not mainstream in our parts of the world is hardly an excuse to conflate them with theistic religion. It's just argumentum ad numerum.

That's also, itself, a microcosm for your argument. You're conflating a specific type of religion, perhaps sadly common where you're from, with all religion everywhere. You hyperbolically speak "billions of religions", but continually only ever describe one of them as if it represented them all, when it doesn't. You recognize that there's (not hyperbolically) hundreds of different religions, but how many could you actually name and accurately describe in your own words and off the top of your head?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Disregarding them simply because they're not mainstream in our parts of the world is hardly an excuse to conflate them with theistic religion. It's just argumentum ad numerum.

That's also, itself, a microcosm for your argument. You're conflating a specific type of religion, perhaps sadly common where you're from, with all religion everywhere. You hyperbolically speak "billions of religions", but continually only ever describe one of them as if it represented them all, when it doesn't. You recognize that there's (not hyperbolically) hundreds of different religions, but how many could you actually name and accurately describe in your own words and off the top of your head?
Nice words but no substance, your making up excuses for religion, there is no excuse for a imaginary of what we call religion.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Life exists without rules; games cannot exist without rules. So real religion is always without rules; only false religion has rules, because false religion is a game.?