• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why some people care about degree of nudity of Muslims women?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Never once.

You are making false suppositions and false equivalence.

Splendid for making distorted and inaccurate surmise to endeavor contretemps, although not very truly.

:)

Am I?
Then perhaps it's simpler if you simply say what your point was in responding, rather than leaving it to interpretation.

rgrayberg

No American of any religion is allowed to show their "private parts" in public. But that doesn't mean we woman have to cover everything (including our eyes). Then again, I see that as a more orthodox element to the religion, like the orthodox Jewish dress code. Choosing to be orthodox is one thing. Requiring it is a different matter. I, for one, dress fairly conservatively because I get more respect when I do. I have no declared religious affiliation. I'm glad I live in the US so I have the freedom to choose. By the way...rape is about power, not sex - or how a woman dresses. Nuns in full habit get raped, too.

suncowiam

We don't care about the nudity of Muslim women. Sorry, that's a funny way of putting it. Ok, well, I'm still attracted to females so subconsciously I do, BUT! That's not the point.

We care about the liberties of Muslim women. If they want to wear something else, then I say let them. Don't punish them for having a will of their own.

In the summer, I see some Muslim couples/families at the zoo or amusement park. I'm always flabbergasted that the women are completely dressed from head to to toe in dark garments of all things while the men are wearing attire that helps with the extreme heat.

Look, if its a choice by the women, then fine, but if they are peer pressured or exerted then that's just wrong. Why aren't the men forced to wear garments from head to toe and cover your faces like the women? Maybe you should answer this first to help us understand why women can't have this liberty?