• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why some of arabs hate USA?

kai

ragamuffin
So the millions of Arab Muslims who reside in the U.S. currently, who immigrated here, are not on friendly terms with us? The women I see all the time in Houston, where I reside, who wear head coverings, seem to be on perfectly friendly terms with everyone else.
Yes i suppose although you are Khafur they may be friendly to you. Depends on your world view doesnt it ,if you agree with them over Israel etc they will be friendly to you,but they will always side with the brothers and sisters of the Ummah.
You are just describing the extremists, like Al Qaeda (not all Arabs of course). The vast majority of Arabs would have nothing against the US if we did not intervene so often militarily and economically, with American interests first priority and the basic human rights of the local population second priority. Ask most Arabs, and Arab-Americans, they will tell you.

maybe? Ask them if i am right ? and what would they tell me? that they would like to see American interests suit Arabs? Because thats what it boils down to at the end of the day. The OP asks why do some Arabs Hate the US and i am telling you why in my opinion. plainly because Americans dont pander to Arab/Islamic demands. Its simple just look at the reason Moe put in the OP reverse them and alls well in the Arab world Moe sits in

1- Cease all US support to Israel (admit that it was illegaly born in the arabian land by the jewish groups against palestine)

2- Remove all non Islamic troops from Islamic countries , Make overtures of peace to Iran. Maybe help them with their nuclear aspirations.)

3- Render all American nuclear weapons unusable immediately as a sign of peaceful goodwill!

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
You are talking about all Arabs? Including the Christian Arabs, the secular/communist Arabs, etc.?

I was generalising about "us" and "them" ,It suits anybody dont you think?

There has been very little feedback from Arabs on this thread if there are any looking in please tell us?
what in your opinion would bring America and Arabs in general into a mutual sense of friendship in the world?

There has been very little feedback from Muslims on this thread if there are any looking in please tell us?
what in your opinion would bring America and Muslims in general into a mutual sense of friendship in the world?

Last edited:

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
The only way to make "them " Like us is to become like "them" then there wouldnt be any "them" there would just be "us"

Is it the only option you have? Don't you have something in between?
What about stop being oppressor? What about stop supporting injustice?

kai

ragamuffin
Is it the only option you have? Don't you have something in between?
What about stop being oppressor? What about stop supporting injustice?

which oppressor? what injustice ?the world is full of it.

would you like to tell me what would it take ? what would you like America to do to endear them to the Arab street?

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
which oppressor? what injustice ?the world is full of it.

The OP is about Arabs and Americans...So we are talking about the oppressed Arabs, and Muslims by the U.S.....

would you like to tell me what would it take ? what would you like America to do to endear them to the Arab street.

You know, I would like it to do NOTHING.......Just to leave us alone!

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Its a two way street. As much as i dislike America would muslims be willing to leave America alone? What about Al-Quaeda? The Taliban? If America left the gulf completely would they stop? No, they still support Israel so them and us (being a western nation supporting the USA) all have to die right :rolleyes:

Whinge and whine all you want but your people brought America upon themselves. The sooner they do their job the sooner they leave and innocent soldiers doing their job stop dying, as do civilians. WHat will it take for ya'll to realise that killing Americans will only keep them there longer?

kai

ragamuffin
The OP is about Arabs and Americans...So we are talking about the oppressed Arabs, and Muslims by the U.S.....

Ok! You have my attention, please specify where the US is Oppressing muslims or Arabs?

Do you have some personal experience of Oppression by the U.S.? i am struggling to understand who "us" is?

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Ok! You have my attention, please specify where the US is Oppressing muslims or Arabs?

I think you need to read the daily news to know what is going on around you! :rolleyes:

Do you have some personal experience of Oppression by the U.S.? i am struggling to understand who "us" is?

And I'm struggling to understand your bias against Arabs and Muslims, although you are not American.

kai

ragamuffin
I think you need to read the daily news to know what is going on around you! :rolleyes: I live in the UK, i thought this was about what was going on around you!

And I'm struggling to understand your bias against Arabs and Muslims, although you are not American.

Why do you think i am bias ?and i am stuggling to understand why you wont answer the questions?

Last edited:

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
I live in the UK, i thought this was about what was going on around you!
Ah, I see....So what is going on in the U.S. is around you, isn't it?

Why do you think i am bias ?
Perhaps you need to read some of your posts at least here in this thread?

and i am stuggling to understand why you wont answer the questions?
Excuse me, what questions?

kai

ragamuffin
Ah, I see....So what is going on in the U.S. is around you, isn't it?
But the OP isn't about Brits its about Arabs

Perhaps you need to read some of your posts at least here in this thread?
Yes i have! and i stick to them in reference to the OP do you dissagree with me?

Excuse me, what questions?

Post 207 above

P.S. i was under the impression you were an Arab , If i am wrong then my apologies. i thought you were speaking from experience.

Last edited:

dragynfly0515

Satan Worshipper
Well as arabian I don not hate Americans because Iam American! & Egyptian.

I think the main reasons of why some arabs hate USA and the main reasons also of the terrorist attacks against US are:

1- The unlimited support of US to Israel ( which was illegaly born in the arabian land by the jewish groups against palestine)

2- The American war in Islamic countries ( Iraq,Afghanistan, may be Iran..)

3- US owns nuclear weapons and at the same time want to prevent it from any other side.. US should start by itself towards peacful world!

what do you think?

After trying to put myself in the shoes of an Arab in the Middle East, I see all of these points as valid reasons for Arab ill will towards the U.S.

:candle:
Crys

MissAlice

I'm curious.

Is Islam the same as arab in this thread?

I happen to know someone who is of arab descent but isn't muslim and I know a couple of ppl who are of african descent who are in fact muslims so this topic seems not only bias but a bit silly if we're equating comes off a bit silly to me or at least if one is equating arab to muslim.

Now I could see maybe an arab feeling afraid that a westerner would see them as a threat or terrorist or experiencing racism or discrimination but arab/islam...what?

Sajdah said:
I think you need to read the daily news to know what is going on around you!
Sajdah this is the problem, the American news media is so different from Arab news media that Americans do not share the same picture of reality that Arabs have. Look at the stories on the homepage of Al Jazeera English today (Nov. 14, 2009) Al Jazeera English - AJE :

UK probes new Iraq abuse claims
Palestinians denied access to water
UN agency asks for urgent food aid
Iranians raise diabetes awareness

Now compare that to the front page of the USA Today (Nov. 14, 2009) News, Travel, Weather, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, U.S. & World - USATODAY.com :

Football
Death penalty sought for 9/11 suspects
Obama asks Congress to start a probe into the Fort Hood massacre (a Muslim-American soldier murdered his fellow soldiers)

Let's look at the World section of USA Today World News: International headlines, stories, photos & videos - USATODAY.com :

Obama seeks equal partnership in Asia
Suicide bomber attacks
American casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan

This is according to Iraq veterans against the war Why we're against the war | Iraq Veterans Against the War :
Overwhelming civilian casualties are a daily occurrence in Iraq.
Despite attempts in training and technological sophistication, large-scale civilian death is both a direct and indirect result of United States aggression in Iraq. Even the most conservative estimates of Iraqi civilian deaths number over 100,000. Currently over 100 civilians die every day in Baghdad alone.For further reading:
NoMoreVictims.Org - Advocating and Educating For Peace
100,000 Iraqi civilians dead, says study | World news | The Guardian
THE REACH OF WAR: CASUALTIES; Number of Civilian Deaths Highest in July, Iraqis Say - New York Times
The war dehumanizes Iraqis and denies them their right to self-determination.
Iraqis are subjected to humiliating and violent checkpoints, searches and home raids on a daily basis. The current Iraqi government is in place solely because of the U.S. military occupation. The Iraqi government doesn’t have the popular support of the Iraqi people, nor does it have power or authority. For many Iraqis the current government is seen as a puppet regime for the U.S. occupation. It is undemocratic and in violation of Iraq’s own right to self-governance.
For further reading:
Baghdad Burning
Could this be why some Arabs hate the US? Could this be why Sajdah JUST SAID she wants the US to do nothing, simply to leave other countries alone?

By the way I do support sending our soldiers to a poor, weak country to help them establish security and democracy if they want our help and if we are able to help them. Unfortunately I do not think we are doing that, for the most part. Iraqis have demanded US withdrawal for years. Afghans have demanded a change in NATO air strike tactics for years and most Afghans seem to want peaceful negotiations with the Afghan Taliban. We have not been listening.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Well, i think they all do listen, but only to themselves and their benefits in the region. After all, It's nothing personal, it's just business.

Yeh you're right.

We shouldn't be there, we should never have gone there. We should have listened to ourselves and not let our government send people both civilians and our soldiers to the grave to prove to the USA that we're their little terrior at their side.

Question though: Why is America there? People say they're not in Afghanistan to fight terrorism and they're in the gulf for oil, but is there anything of material worth in Afghanistan that would interest the USA?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeh you're right.

We shouldn't be there, we should never have gone there. We should have listened to ourselves and not let our government send people both civilians and our soldiers to the grave to prove to the USA that we're their little terrior at their side.

Question though: Why is America there? People say they're not in Afghanistan to fight terrorism and they're in the gulf for oil, but is there anything of material worth in Afghanistan that would interest the USA?

Oil. :D

Well, i think they all do listen, but only to themselves and their benefits in the region. After all, It's nothing personal, it's just business.
On the other hand, Tashan, would you agree that in many ways Al Qaeda and the sectarian extremists are worse? After all they deliberately bomb unarmed civilians standing in line to vote, on purpose to prevent the democratic process; they carry out ethnic cleansing, bomb the holy Shiite shrine to incite civil war, etc. on purpose. Imagine what they would do with a big military and weapons to match the U.S.

In other words, do you agree there is a difference between an American soldier and a member of a Shiite death squad (for example)? One is trying to establish maintain peace and some democracy, and failing (albeit, to secure business interests, whether he realizes it or not). The other is/was succeeding in their goal killing innocent people and driving out Sunnis from their homes.

Last edited: