• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Some Christians Become Militant Atheists

Tristesse

Well, God is a just and holy God; therefore His acts of divine judgment are moral and right. Why do we all get upset with justice is not served in our society? If a human judge lets a mass murder go free without judge cause, why does society feel outraged? Are you an advocate of Anarchy? Do you believe the acts of Hitler as being okay in your value system of morality?

The problem is, if you believe the bible to be accurate, than your god is the biggest mass murderer in history, ever! And that upsets me.

CarlinKnew

I wouldn't mind, but that's beside the point. "The majority of Christians in America" =/= "the religious." Hell, sweetie, "the religious" don't even agree on whether or not there's a God, much less politics. A militant atheist doesn't discriminate between the abusive religious and the healthy. I have no problem with attacking the former, but lumping us all together is just bigotry, same as with the racism example.

We certainly can, and do, discriminate between the abusive and the harmless religions. Christianity and Islam are the main targets of militant atheism, and Islam is the priority.

Christian Pilgrim

Well, the golden rule was taught well before jesus. Only 2 of the ten commandments became law, maybe 2 1/2. And some of the commandments are too vague to get a full understanding of. The 1st commandment actually breaks the first amendment of the u.s. And we determine what is moral and immoral. Morality is constantly evolving.

How can the golden rule come before Jesus Christ since Jesus is the incarnate God? Sin is rebellion against God's revelation of morality which is a universal law that does not change in any generation.

emiliano

Well if you see no problem with science and education being hindered, as well as the other reasons I mentioned, then all right. But many do, and that's why they take action against religion.

But in our times is atheism that demands that a scientist must be atheist, there are many scientists that hide the fact that they are religious in fear that their works and research may not be founded, and religions do not demand that all scientists must be religious, so how are we going to see a problem. What hindered are you talking about? Has religion stopped any scientific search? Have they stopped secular education?

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
I wouldn't mind, but that's beside the point. "The majority of Christians in America" =/= "the religious." Hell, sweetie, "the religious" don't even agree on whether or not there's a God, much less politics. A militant atheist doesn't discriminate between the abusive religious and the healthy. I have no problem with attacking the former, but lumping us all together is just bigotry, same as with the racism example.
Here's the thing. ALL religions claim things that are not consistent. ALL religions teach teach things that have no factual basis. That's why they are called religions and NOT science. You are right; Christianity =/= religion, and yet, religion =/= scientific FACT. The point is, is that things shouldn't be passed off as true unless they have actual facts behind them. Would you have a problem if teachers started teaching our kids that 2+2=5? I sure would.

Tristesse

How can the golden rule come before Jesus Christ since Jesus is the incarnate God? Sin is rebellion against God's revelation of morality which is a universal law that does not change in any generation.

I'm sorry if you think it didn't happen before jesus, because of your theology, but the fact is, there were teachings of the golden rule before jesus. Sorry. In fact most of the teachings of jesus aren't intrinsically special to jesus.

Christian Pilgrim

Here's the thing. ALL religions claim things that are not consistent. ALL religions teach teach things that have no factual basis. That's why they are called religions and NOT science. You are right; Christianity =/= religion, and yet, religion =/= scientific FACT. The point is, is that things shouldn't be passed off as true unless they have actual facts behind them. Would you have a problem if teachers started teaching our kids that 2+2=5? I sure would.

How can science be fact if science changes? And how can science be the answer for mankind's problems since our depravity manifest itself in the 21st century in the same way it has throughout the history of mankind?

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
But in our times is atheism that demands that a scientist must be atheist, there are many scientists that hide the fact that they are religious in fear that their works and research may not be founded, and religions do not demand that all scientists must be religious, so how are we going to see a problem. What hindered are you talking about? Has religion stopped any scientific search? Have they stopped secular education?
The reason why a religious scientist is looked down upon is because his beliefs contradict each other. Ever heard of a word called "hypocrasy?"

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
We certainly can, and do, discriminate between the abusive and the harmless religions. Christianity and Islam are the main targets of militant atheism, and Islam is the priority.
Even within those two, not all are abusive. To be militant, you have to treat them as though they were.

Christian Pilgrim

Science doesn't change, our understanding changes.

LOL... sorry, I'm not being disrespectful. How big is the universe according to science? What is the origin of the universe according to science? How old is the universe? The answers to these questions vary depending on which scientist you ask? Scientists are trying to understand God's world in their finite capacity.

Can I please modify your comment above? "God doesn't change, our understanding changes".

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
LOL... sorry, I'm not being disrespectful. How big in the universe according to science? What is the origin of the universe according to science? How old is the universe? The answers to these questions vary depending on which scientist you ask?

Is that supposed to refute the idea that it's our undrstanding that changes, not science? I'm curious, because it doesn't seem to even begin to accomplish that goal.

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
How can science be fact if science changes? And how can science be the answer for mankind's problems since our depravity manifest itself in the 21st century in the same way it has throughout the history of mankind?
There is a difference between scientific fact and science. Scientific fact are things that are already completely understood. Take gravity for example; it will never change. On the other side of the coin, look at the Big Bang theory. It has flaws. It is NOT scientific fact. It's a theory. The beautiful thing with science is that when it is wrong, it actulally shuts up. :D

Christian Pilgrim

There is a difference between scientific fact and science. Scientific fact are things that are already completely understood. Take gravity for example; it will never change. On the other side of the coin, look at the Big Bang theory. It has flaws. It is NOT scientific fact. It's a theory. The beautiful thing with science is that when it is wrong, it actulally shuts up. :D

I need a break my friends. If you want a biblical response to our discussion, please read Romans chapter 1:18-32. Thanks so much for the company and conversation! I'll see you guys later today. Please don't get mad with me personally, I just try to share what I believe to be true in love, according to written revelation from above.

Passage: romans 1:18-32 (ESV Bible Online)

Last edited:

Tristesse

LOL... sorry, I'm not being disrespectful. How big in the universe according to science? What is the origin of the universe according to science? How old is the universe? The answers to these questions vary depending on which scientist you ask? Scientist are trying to understand God's world in their finite capacity.

Yeah, I can tell your not being disrespectful, you haven't said anything I should have respect for. I don't understand your first question, please rewrite it, it doesn't make sense. I am happy to say, that we don't currently know the exact moment the universe came into being. The universe is roughly 14 billion years old, give or take a billion. According to the most accurate understanding we have at the moment. No respected scientist varies from the answers I just gave.

emiliano

I see, you pick and choose from the forum in the same way you pick and choose from the Bible.

But then, I already figured that out.

It is my constitutional right to do so, you been such a clever fellow should have figure it out a lot earlier, what took you so long? I am disappointed very disappointed.:(

Christian Pilgrim

Yeah, I can tell your not being disrespectful, you haven't said anything I should have respect for. I don't understand your first question, please rewrite it, it doesn't make sense. I am happy to say, that we don't currently know the exact moment the universe came into being. The universe is roughly 14 billion years old, give or take a billion. According to the most accurate understanding we have at the moment. No respected scientist varies from the answers I just gave.

Do you mind sharing your documented sources on the consensus of the scientific community stating that the universe is roughly 14 billons years old... give or take a billion? I’m looking forward how the scientific community came up with that scientific fact. Can fact allow for a variance of a billion or two deviation (estimation)? That seems like an scientific guess or opinion to me.

Here is a link to a scientific community who happens to be Christians too: The Institute for Creation Research

You might want to note that many non-Christian scientists believe in intelligent design too.

Last edited:

CarlinKnew

Even within those two, not all are abusive. To be militant, you have to treat them as though they were.

The teachings of certain religions, such as Islam and Christianity, can be dangerous, so we take action against those teachings. Of course not all Muslims and Christians are dangerous, we're not attacking those people. We're attacking the religion itself, because we believe it's a delusion: a dangerous delusion.