• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why So Much Trinity Bashing?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I believe God had already made the angels in his image, and was letting the angels know that he was going to create man in that image and give man dominion over things here on this earth.

Once again there is a difference between being made in the image of God like man was; and actually being the image of the invisible God like the messiah was.
Can you further explain that? Remember also that Jesus said the Father was GREATER than he is. Also, some were stumbled by his words here and accused him of blasphemy. John 8: Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. The One who glorifies me is my Father, of whom you say ‘He is our God.’ 55You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word."

YoursTrue

I believe God had already made the angels in his image, and was letting the angels know that he was going to create man in that image and give man dominion over things here on this earth.

Once again there is a difference between being made in the image of God like man was; and actually being the image of the invisible God like the messiah was.
Jesus (or the Son) did not need to come down from heaven to be in the form of a man. Why do you think he did that?

TrueBeliever37

Can you further explain that? Remember also that Jesus said the Father was GREATER than he is. Also, some were stumbled by his words here and accused him of blasphemy. John 8: Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. The One who glorifies me is my Father, of whom you say ‘He is our God.’ 55You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word."
The Father is God. The Father was dwelling in that body. God is greater than the fleshly body he made himself to dwell in and sacrifice for sins.

TrueBeliever37

Jesus (or the Son) did not need to come down from heaven to be in the form of a man. Why do you think he did that?
God himself came down and made himself a body to dwell in and sacrifice for sin. The Son (the body) was made of a woman and made during the time of the law. Galatians 4:4

YoursTrue

Image is image. Remember Jesus did say the Father is greater than he is. Yet he is the image of God. And he also said he and the Father are one. Remember, Eve was taken from Adam's rib.
John 14:28 "You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

YoursTrue

The image of God here seems to mean that we were made to rule over the earth and not to be a servant to the earth and the animals etc.
I think that "male amd female" means that both the males and the females are human, made in the image of God. The female is not a lesser creation.
Animals were not meant to rule over mankind. Eve was not meant to rule over Adam.She was to be a complement of him. Animals are not equal to humans, but if you think they are, that's what you think.

Genesis 3: "To the woman he said “I will greatly increase your pains and pregnancies; in pain you shall bear children; and your impulse shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you.”
As a result of her insubordination to God AND Adam (because she did not consult with him, but did her own thing), pain was to be her outcome when producing children, and Adam was to rule over her. This was not to be so when they were first created, but Eve was to be a helper, or complement to her husband." And he, Adam, was created FIRST.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it. So God created man in his own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them."

We know God is not male and female, but He created man in his own image (not someone else's image)...he created THEM in HIS OWN IMAGE. And God said, "Let US make man in our image..." So there is something about the image of God. Now if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, it would be a different outcome from the time of sin onward.

Hope that helps to see it as I understand it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Although we depend upon the earth and what's in it, we were made to have dominion over the animals. Humans were made different from the animals because after the animals were made, God said Let us make man in our image. Now I believe God was speaking to one other person. Obviously they worked together. Just as Adam and Eve were supposed to.

Or maybe even 2 other persons.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Hello. God saw that Adam needed a helper, so He made Eve. They were both made in God's image. I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean Adam and Eve looked like God, so the image must mean their responsibilities, maybe not a good way of putting it but that's the best word I can think of now.

Yes and the inner image they would need to fulfill those responsibilities.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Animals were not meant to rule over mankind. Eve was not meant to rule over Adam.She was to be a complement of him. Animals are not equal to humans, but if you think they are, that's what you think.

Genesis 3: "To the woman he said “I will greatly increase your pains and pregnancies; in pain you shall bear children; and your impulse shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you.”
As a result of her insubordination to God AND Adam (because she did not consult with him, but did her own thing), pain was to be her outcome when producing children, and Adam was to rule over her. This was not to be so when they were first created, but Eve was to be a helper, or complement to her husband." And he, Adam, was created FIRST.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it. So God created man in his own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them."

We know God is not male and female, but He created man in his own image (not someone else's image)...he created THEM in HIS OWN IMAGE. And God said, "Let US make man in our image..." So there is something about the image of God. Now if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, it would be a different outcome from the time of sin onward.

Hope that helps to see it as I understand it.

The curses or results of sin included harming mankind's relationship with each other and with God.

YoursTrue

The curses or results of sin included harming mankind's relationship with each other and with God.
The present world conditions, incliuding that of mankind continually polluting the oceans with garbage, only continues to show that mankind does not have the ability to control itself. Yes, I agree with your above statement.

YoursTrue

Or maybe even 2 other persons.
Except that -- as I see it -- the man was created first by God. And then the woman from the man. And then -- the two of them had to get together to produce a third. fourth or fifth, etc.

SLPCCC

Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world.
That means that the return of Christ has to be another Person.

Really? How do you interpret these verses?
  • Rev 22: 12, 13, 20 "Look! I'm coming soon. . . I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. . . The one who bears witness to these things says, "Yes, I'm coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! Also see Rev 1:8; 21:6

Ebionite

Except that -- as I see it -- the man was created first by God. And then the woman from the man. And then -- the two of them had to get together to produce a third. fourth or fifth, etc.
Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 are separate stories - Genesis is a chronological account. If they were they same story then incest would be unavoidable.

SLPCCC

What do you think he meant when he quoted from the scriptures about that?
John chapter 10 --
"31Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. 32Jesus said, “At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?”
33They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”34Jesus replied, “It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!’f 35And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’ 36why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’?:

So he aptly told them that God said to certain leaders they were gods.

Human gods and demon gods are just rulers. They don't belong in the category of a God who creates. Otherwise, that would be polytheism.

Jesus creates:

Colossians 1:15-17 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him, all things hold together.

At Isaiah God is saying that he is the maker of all things just like when it says at Col 1:15-17 that Jesus, the word, created All Things. God says "BY Myself" and "All Alone".

Isaiah 44:24, "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, 'I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens by Myself, and spreading out the earth all alone.'"

Demon and human gods don't come near the same category as a true God who creates.

Note: In Hebrews 1:8, God says "O God" to Jesus,
But about the Son, he [Jehovah] says, "Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.

In Sum, since Jesus created all things, God created all things, Jesus calls the Father God, and God calls Jesus God than it follows that they are one God two persons.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Really? How do you interpret these verses?
  • Rev 22: 12, 13, 20 "Look! I'm coming soon. . . I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. . . The one who bears witness to these things says, "Yes, I'm coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! Also see Rev 1:8; 21:6
I believe that all the Prophets/Messengers of God are the same Spirit of God, the same Light of God shining through different Lamps.

As such, so they are all the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

The Book of Revelation contains further confirmation of the idea that God sheds on us the same Light through different Lamps. The Spirit John writes of in the Apocalypse refers to Himself as the “Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last” (compare to Krishna’s “I am the beginning, the middle, and the end of all things”). He also makes a puzzling prophecy:

He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. – Revelation 3:12.

Here, Christ does say he will have a different name, a new name.

Ebionite

As such, so they are all the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
In the book of Revelation the declarations are in the form of 'I am', which is the name of Elohim.

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:11

SLPCCC

I agree the Jesus did not have to come down from heaven, suffer, and died. I believe the Father sent him, and he did to show us how much He loves us. It's like saying, "This is how much I love you. I'm coming down and sacrificing my life for you so you can see how much I love you."

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Actually, it was The Word, that came down as a man and then became the Son, Jesus.

It had to be The Word (God) because no other entity could assume the bankruptcy of man and still remain solvent. He had to come as a man to follow the order that God set in Genesis 1, where it is man that has legal rights on this earth. He came as the last Adam to begin a new order of beings - a new creation.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Jesus, his Father, the Apostles, an Angel, John the baptist, many friends, and enemies all testify in agreement, Jesus claimed to be and is The Son of God.

Whatever we believe shouldn't we let the majority of testimony and teaching that agree guide our thinking? if we read over 100 bibles in any language they will all agree and teach Jesus is God's Son.