• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why so many threads/posts about Muslims or Islam?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
'......They are peaceful enough. Not sure that indicates much, though. Who knows what would happen if they had higher numbers?
Peace be on you.
Easy to check.
They began in 1889 in India's remote area.
Then if one take 10 or 20 year duration, and check their spread and their deeds.
Today, after 127 years, they are in 209 countries and in millions.
The motto and deeds remain same by the grace of Allah, and InshaAllah will remain same.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Not sure what you mean. People do not need nor particularly benefit from god-beliefs in general, if that is what you mean to say.

People who don't believe about the creator God invented their own God(s) or just believe there's no God.
It's my view, not necessarily for you to accept it or to agree with it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
People who don't believe about the creator God invented their own God(s) or just believe there's no God.

There are actually a few other possibilities, although the distinctions can be somewhat subtle and so personal as to be inescrutable to others.

It's my view, not necessarily for you to accept it or to agree with it.

Well, yes. There is no need for anyone to agree with anyone else when it comes to deities.

It gets considerably more complicated once people start demanding other people to do or refrain from specific actions because of their beliefs about God, though.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So Mohammad wasn't the final messenger, and the Koran isn't the last revelation?
Did I say that Muhammad was not the final messenger?
Muhammad was the first and as well as the last messenger in real terms because he was the perfect one and in Muhammad's truthful prophet-hood and messenger-ship the truthfulness of all the prophets/messenger gets certified. Muhammad is the seal of prophets as mentioned in Quran:
[33:41] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah has full knowledge of all things.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=33&verse=40

Regards

Last edited:

Aquitaine

Did I say that Muhammad was not the final messenger?
Muhammad was the first and as well as the last messenger in real terms because he was the perfect one and in Muhammad's truthful prophet-hood and messenger-ship the truthfulness of all the prophets/messenger gets certified. Muhammad is the seal of prophets as mentioned in Quran:
[33:41] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah has full knowledge of all things.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=33&verse=40

Regards
So why rely on other messengers to "reform" the message after Mohammad?

Shad

Veteran Member

To put it simply messengers are part of Islamic theology. Establishment, and reestablishment, of Islam is a primary purpose of these messengers. A "reform" messenger takes the stances that the religion has been corrupted by humans, Bid’ah, thus needs to be reestablished in it's pure form.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Aquitaine said:
To put it simply messengers are part of Islamic theology. Establishment, and reestablishment, of Islam is a primary purpose of these messengers. A "reform" messenger takes the stances that the religion has been corrupted by humans, Bid’ah, thus needs to be reestablished in it's pure form.
There is no compulsion in religion. If the rulers or the clergy or the scholars go against the teachings of Quran, such reformer bring them back on the correct teachings:
[4:70] And whoso obeys Allah and this Messenger of His shall be among those on whom Allah has bestowed His blessings, namely, the Prophets, the Truthful, the Martyrs, and the Righteous. And excellent companions are these.​
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=4&verse=69
So, the followers of Muhammad could be a prophet/messenger of G-d appointed by Allah , without a new law, to start a reform movement. That is what exactly Mirza Ghualm Ahmad was, he was the End-Time Reformer.
Regards

Aquitaine

So Allah is destined to endlessly send these reformist messengers as Islam gets corrupted?

Aquitaine

Aquitaine said:

There is no compulsion in religion. If the rulers or the clergy or the scholars go against the teachings of Quran, such reformer bring them back on the correct teachings:
[4:70] And whoso obeys Allah and this Messenger of His shall be among those on whom Allah has bestowed His blessings, namely, the Prophets, the Truthful, the Martyrs, and the Righteous. And excellent companions are these.​
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=4&verse=69
So, the followers of Muhammad could be a prophet/messenger of G-d appointed by Allah , without a new law, to start a reform movement. That is what exactly Mirza Ghualm Ahmad was, he was the End-Time Reformer.
Regards
End-Time reformer? So the final reformer?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
1-Theoretically, many can come.
2-On the level of prophesy, Promised Messiah -- the Mahdi is mentioned, as follower of Holy Prophet (pbuh) according to Ahmadiyya-Muslims.
3-Holy Prophet (pbuh) was like Hazrat Moses (a.s.) :
[Quran ch 73:v 16] Verily, We have sent to you a Messenger, who is a witness over you, even as We sent a Messenger to Pharaoh.

Both Prophets with Jalal [grandeur, sun-like property, fast] --- Both have their Messiahs; Both with Jamal [beauty, calm, moon-like property, slow process] --- Thus End-Time reformer has steadiness in spread, His Khilafat continues, it is like a process. End-Reformer's time will be at least 1000 years.

"That the history of religion is cyclic and is renewed every seven millennia. The present cycle from the time of the Biblical Adam is split into seven epochs or ages, parallel to the seven days of the week, with periods for light and darkness. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad appeared as the promised Messiah at the sixth epoch heralding the seventh and final age of mankind,[64] as a day in the estimation of God is like a thousand years of man's reckoning.[Quran 22:47] According to Ghulam Ahmad, just as the sixth day of the week is reserved forJumu'ah (congregational prayers), likewise his age is destined for a global assembling of mankind in which the world is to unite under one universal religion: Islam."
Ref:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
End-Time Reformer is the reformer about whom about all the founders of revealed religions have prophesied, with different names and titles. I mean Buddha, Krishna,Zoroaster,Moses, Jesus etc.
It is called End-Time, may be because all other religions and their followers have to truthfully merge under the End-Time Reformer, as their purpose as a different entity will end at that juncture. With him a new era of humanity is to usher in, it is for this that he has been named as Adam also.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Where is he named as Adam..
Word of G-d:
Quote "That is [Arabic] I decided to appoint a Khalifah [vicegerent] from Myself so I created Adam. I will establish in the earth." Unquote​

This is an abbreviated sentence i.e., ‘I am going to establish him’. The word khalifah in this revelation means a person who would be the means of conveying the message and guidance between Allah and His creatures. Here it does not signify kingdom or government....Instead, it connotes only a spiritual office and spiritual vicegerency. Also, in this revelation, Adam does not refer to the Adam, the father of mankind. It means a person through whom a movement of conveying the message and guidance should be established for the spiritual revival of mankind. He will thus be in the position of a spiritual father for the seekers of truth. This is a grand prophecy predicting the establishment of a spiritual movement at a time when none of its insignia are visible.
Page 104
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/Tadhkirah.pdf
Regards

Deidre

The thing that is troubling to me, is this is a religious forum, and Islam is a religion, and if you disagree with its premise, that's fine. But, the constant negative rants about it, seem kind of off putting. If this were an anti-Muslim or anti-Islam site, those posts might make more sense.

Jedster

You just agreed with a statement that did not neccesarily mean the vague statement you just made.
I suppose it was a bit vague; this is what I was agreeing to "People do not need nor particularly benefit from god-beliefs in general".

Do you think that Theistic adherence has no importance to the person?/with the adherence/?
Of course it has importance to the adherent. They wouldn't adhere otherwise.

+

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The thing that is troubling to me, is this is a religious forum, and Islam is a religion, and if you disagree with its premise, that's fine. But, the constant negative rants about it, seem kind of off putting. If this were an anti-Muslim or anti-Islam site, those posts might make more sense.
You have a valid point.
I agree with you.
Regards

Shad

Veteran Member
So Allah is destined to endlessly send these reformist messengers as Islam gets corrupted?

No its not that. Just that the position exists within Islam as part of it's theology, it was never to be a cycle of reform/corruptions after Muhammad. The Madhi is from secondary sources not the Quran.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
End-Time Reformer is the reformer about whom about all the founders of revealed religions have prophesied, with different names and titles. I mean Buddha, Krishna,Zoroaster,Moses, Jesus etc.

Buddha did not prophesy about a Messiah and Jesus is Christianity's Messianic figure. Stop co-opting the figures of other belief systems and putting words in their mouths.

Stop. It.

Aquitaine

This appears to be a mostly western site. Islam is the new guy in town, so to speak. It is also apparently growing rapidly in the West whilst Christianity is declining, so of course it is going to be scrutinized since it is farely new to Westerners.
It is also - from what I have seen - more at odds with "western" social progressivism than Christianity currently is, at least in my country (UK).

Finally, another reason why it may draw significant criticism is because it is marketed as the final religion (see post #95 regarding the merging of other faiths under the End Time Reformer).