• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should one believe Allah?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Paul saw Jesus on earth. Jesus appeared to him in the desert and also spoke to him. Jesus was literally there and they had a conversation.

The apostles were warned not to believe in anyone claiming to be Jesus.

Matthew 24:23

Paul didn't listen to and ignored the warning that he was not to believe and claimed he met Christ anyways.

Teritos

The apostles were warned not to believe in anyone claiming to be Jesus.

Matthew 24:23

Paul didn't listen to and ignored the warning that he was not to believe and claimed he met Christ anyways.
It was Jesus. If it were not Jesus but a false Jesus, why would he prevent Paul from persecuting the Christians. Why would he encourage Paul to preach and spread the gospel.
Even the apostles testify to the wisdom Paul received from Jesus.
2 Peter 3:15
And regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because the Bible has already prophesied Allah and Muhammad. The Bible has already predicted that another god would come who preaches a different gospel, also the Bible has said that this god will build his own house on the place where God's temple stood. And as we can see today, on this place today in Jerusalem stands a mosque.
Allah told you all that?

Shakeel

Most people who believe in Allah were born into Muslim families and raised to believe in Allah.

Most people who believe in Jesus and the crucifixion were born into Christian families and raised to believe in Jesus and the crucifixion.
But the number of people converting to Christianity in US is about a third of those reverting to Islam.

Suave

Simulated character
There are many witnesses to the crucifixion, even the Jews recorded the death of Jesus in their Talmud. The Old Testament also prophecied the crucifixion. Jesus himself said that he would die on the cross as ransom for everyone who believes in it. So much evidence, but 600 years later a god suddenly comes along and says this without showing any evidence:
They certainly did not kill or crucify Jesus. (Quran 4:157)

The Quran also says about Allah:
Allah is the most cunning. (Quran 3:54)

And as we can see in the Bible, the question was not whether Jesus really died, but whether he was really raised from the dead, which many doubted, even the disciples themselves.

So why should I believe Allah? What are good arguments for it?
Because there is zero.evidence of any particular god's actual existence, there is no need to take any god claim seriously.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus Hebrew name in shortened form is Yeshu and also Jesus was hanged on Passover according to the Bible.

That is incorrect, Jesus was crucified. The Gospels disagree on whether he was crucified on Passover or Passover Eve.

And the Jews thought he was a "demonic sorcerer" who performs miracles through the devil.

He is not called a sorcerer in the NT, nor is that the reason he was crucified.

And Jesus was also to be stoned at first, but was in the end hanged on the cross. The descriptions fit Jesus as you can see,

If you completely ignore what is actually said? Sure.

but maybe you are right, and this is another Jesus who coincidentally have the same name, but the Talmud is not the only evidence we have, there are also Roman sources that recorded the death of Jesus.

Are any of them eyewitness accounts?

Paul saw Jesus on earth. Jesus appeared to him in the desert and also spoke to him. Jesus was literally there and they had a conversation.

...Jesus allegedly "appeared to him" from heaven after he was dead, ie in visions. Paul never saw Jesus while he was alive on Earth. Galatians 1:11-12

Shakeel

That's right. Which is much smaller than the 99% that Muslims have to proselytize to.
The 35% is still a great deal of people to try and convert.

About the same amount are leaving both religions and three times more people are entering Islam than Christianity. I see a difference there that has nothing to do with coincidental statistics of population. Plus, both Christians and Muslims call their own people to the religion as well, namely the non-practicing ones and the deviated ones.

As a whole, the number of Christians is decreasing and the number of Muslims is increasing, without a doubt.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
There are many witnesses to the crucifixion, even the Jews recorded the death of Jesus in their Talmud. The Old Testament also prophecied the crucifixion. Jesus himself said that he would die on the cross as ransom for everyone who believes in it. So much evidence, but 600 years later a god suddenly comes along and says this without showing any evidence:
They certainly did not kill or crucify Jesus. (Quran 4:157)

The Quran also says about Allah:
Allah is the most cunning. (Quran 3:54)

And as we can see in the Bible, the question was not whether Jesus really died, but whether he was really raised from the dead, which many doubted, even the disciples themselves.

So why should I believe Allah? What are good arguments for it?
What you mentioned here as evidence are just nice stories written in a book. There are probably more witnesses of Elvis alive and UFOs abductions. I would not take seriously everything I read, or what people say.

BTW: why did the disciples doubt that, according to the narrative? Does not sound very logical.

Ciao

- viole

Niblo

Premium Member
In Biblical Hebrew "Alah" means "curse".

I would be wary of suggesting to an Arabic speaking Christian (or Jew) that the one they call ‘Allāh’ is not the true God, but rather a curse!

However jarring it may be to those who claim that Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) is the ‘god of Islam’, the term existed in the Arabic world long before the coming of that Faith.

As a Muslim, I accept – without reservation – that Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla)) is our Creator and Lord; who can be known with certainty, by the natural light of reason from created things; who is absolutely perfect; who is actually infinite in every perfection; who is absolutely simple; who is the True God, possessing an infinite power of cognition; who is absolute Veracity; who is absolutely faithful; who is absolute ontological Goodness in Himself and in relation to others; who is absolute Moral Goodness or Holiness; who is absolute Benignity; who is absolutely immutable; who is eternal and everywhere present in created space; whose knowledge is infinite; whose Attributes really are identical among themselves and with His Essence; who is omnipotent; who is Lord of the heavens and of the earth; who is infinitely just and infinitely merciful.

Can this be said of any other Being?

You will be familiar with the Ishihara colour blindness testing system. On one of the test plates the number ‘74’ will be clearly visible to viewers with normal colour vision. Viewers with red-green colour blindness will read it as ‘21’; while viewers with monochromacy will see no number at all.

Are there three testing plates; or just the one – understood in three different ways? Just the one.

Is there more than one Creator; or just the One – understood in different ways? Just the One.

Teritos

I would be wary of suggesting to an Arabic speaking Christian (or Jew) that the one they call ‘Allāh’ is not the true God, but rather a curse!
I know Arab Christians who do not call God "Allah".
Is there more than one Creator; or just the One – understood in different ways? Just the One.
There is only one creator, but many claim to be that creator. The god of Islam known as Allah is not the God of the Bible, since both contradict each other, one of them must be a deceiver.

Teritos

The 35% is still a great deal of people to try and convert.

About the same amount are leaving both religions and three times more people are entering Islam than Christianity. I see a difference there that has nothing to do with coincidental statistics of population. Plus, both Christians and Muslims call their own people to the religion as well, namely the non-practicing ones and the deviated ones.

As a whole, the number of Christians is decreasing and the number of Muslims is increasing, without a doubt.
That is true, but is this proof that Islam is the truth? No. Even the Bible prophesied that many Christians would leave their faith and that Islam would win the world. But the victory does not remain forever.

Teritos

Ask them to read the opening chapter of John's Gospel', using their Arabic version.
The Arabic word for the Greek word "Theos" is "ilah" and not "Allah" in John's Gospel. It is not even really sure where the word "Allah" comes from, it is believed to be an amalgamation of the article "Al" and of the word "ilah".

Shakeel

The Arabic word for the Greek word "Theos" is "ilah" and not "Allah" in John's Gospel. It is not even really sure where the word "Allah" comes from, it is believed to be an amalgamation of the article "Al" and of the word "ilah".
In Islam it is one of Allah's names.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The seed are the Christians who are newborn through Jesus and have Jesus in them. Jesus is the Father of them.(Isaiah 9:6)

Jesus' days were prolonged by being raised from the dead. His life will never end again.(Revelation 1:18)
That is called grasping at straws. Jesus did nit have children so He did not see His seed. Jesus did not live into old age so His days were not prolonged. Jesus was not taken from prison and from judgment.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Bahá’u’lláh was twice stoned, once scourged, thrice poisoned, scarred with hundred-pound chains which cut through his flesh and rested upon the bones of his shoulders. He lived a prisoner and an exile for nearly half a century.

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Bahá’u’lláh was taken from the black-pit prison in Tihrán for judgement before the authorities. His death was expected hourly, but he was banished to ‘Iráq and finally to Israel. In the prison-city of ‘Akká, on another occasion, “… the Governor, at the head of his troops, with drawn swords, surrounded (Bahá’u’lláh’s) house. The entire populace, as well as the military authorities, were in a state of great agitation. The shouts and clamour of the people could be heard on all sides. Bahá’u’lláh was peremptorily summoned to the Governorate, interrogated, kept in custody the first night … The Governor, soon after, sent word that he was at liberty to return to his home, and apologized for what had occurred.” God Passes By, Shoghi Effendi, pp. 190–191.

Isaiah 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Bahá’u’lláh was buried in the precincts of the Mansion of Bahjí, owned by a wealthy Muslim. He was surrounded by enemies; members of his own family who betrayed his trust after his death and dwelt in homes adjacent to his burial-place.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Bahá’u’lláh did see his ‘seed’. He wrote a special document called the Book of the Covenant, in which he appointed his eldest son to be the Centre of his Faith after his own passing. This very event was also foretold in the prophecies of the Psalms that proclaim: “Also I will make him my first-born higher than the kings of the earth … and my covenant shall stand fast with him.” Psalms 89:27, 28. The ‘first-born’ son of Bahá’u’lláh, was named ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, which means ‘the servant of Bahá’(‘u’lláh). Bahá’u’lláh appointed him as his own successor in his Will and Testament. He called ‘Abdu’l-Bahá the Centre of his Covenant.

Bahá’u’lláh’s days were prolonged. He was born in 1817 and passed away in the Holy Land in 1892. In the last years of his life, Bahá’u’lláh was released from his prison cell. He came out of the prison-city of ‘Akká and walked on the sides of Mount Carmel. His followers came from afar to be with him, and to surround him with their love, fulfilling the words of the prayer of David spoken within a cave: “Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.” Psalms 142:7. These events in the valley of ‘Akká with its strong fortress prison had been foreshadowed in Ecclesiastes 4:14: “For out of prison he cometh to reign; whereas also he that is born in his kingdom becometh poor.”

Comments from: Thief in the Night, pp. 155-159
And by the way, the Bible itself says that Isaiah 53 is Jesus. See Acts of the Apostles 8:32-35
I do not see those verses saying that Isaiah 53 is about Jesus. Everything in the Bible is not about Jesus, and none of the prophecies that refer to the Messiah that Jews were waiting for are about Jesus because Jesus did not fulfill any of those prophecies. And no, Jesus won't be coming back to finish the job.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Matthew 26:28
For this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

Hebrews 9:22
And without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
I already know that Jesus was crucified and gave His life for the ransom or many. I asked you where Jesus said that we have to believe in the crucifixion or that Jesus died for our sins in order to attain eternal life?

Matthew 25:45-46 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.