• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why proofs are so big?

questfortruth

In that case, why are you seeking approval of members here who are ignorant of mathematics? How many here can discuss ABC conjecture here? Take your struggle to Maths and Science journals.
My arguments in the files are of school-level. A baby can get their meaning.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Proof of the abc conjecture has taken 1500 pages and there is a fatal error. I am proving on one page:

Proof of the ABC Conjecture, viXra.org e-Print archive, viXra:2012.0086

Nobody has found a single mistake when I was sending the file to journals. They simply have not believed me. The faith is there in Science. Faith is the basis of Science. There was no faith in my trueness.

I highly don't think peer reviews look at whether what you write is true in regards to morals. It's more does it follow a logical pattern, do you have primary sources and support.

Another thing I noticed is you don't have a legend to describe what your formulas mean. The first paragraph doesn't define abc conjuncture and your points aren't laid out.

You need more context to describe what you're talking about and why is it important to academics and how it contributes.

Proof is irrelevant so as long as it follows a logical pattern, easy to read, can be supported, cited, and formatted to fit journal qualifications.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Proof of the abc conjecture has taken 1500 pages and there is a fatal error. I am proving on one page:

Proof of the ABC Conjecture, viXra.org e-Print archive, viXra:2012.0086

Nobody has found a single mistake when I was sending the file to journals. They simply have not believed me. The faith is there in Science. Faith is the basis of Science. There was no faith in my trueness.

First, this is an issue of math, and not science. It all goes downhill from there like a house of cards in a storm.

questfortruth

I highly don't think peer reviews look at whether what you write is true in regards to morals. It's more does it follow a logical pattern, do you have primary sources and support.

Another thing I noticed is you don't have a legend to describe what your formulas mean. The first paragraph doesn't define abc conjuncture and your points aren't layed out.

You need more context to describe what you're talking about and why is it important to academics and how it contributes.

Proof what you say is irrelevant as long as it follows a logical pattern, easy to read, can be supported, cited, and formated to fit journal qualifications.
Such formalities are always applied to non-prominent authors.
The proof can be more complicated than school algebra.

PureX

Veteran Member
Claiming that faith is the basis for science is a philosophical argument, not a scientific one. If you submit such and argument an entity for scientific review, you have submitted it to the wrong entity.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Such formalities are always applied to non-prominent authors.
The proof can be more complicated than school algebra.

Journal qualifications and academic literature aren't concerned about proof in that way. They are concerned whether you can logically support what you say and illustrate your points. All academic journals have formality requirements.

questfortruth

Journal qualifications and academic literature aren't concerned about proof in that way. They are concerned whether you can logically support what you say and illustrate your points. All academic journals have formality requirements.
That is the reason why the proof of abc conjecture is 1500 pages long. By the attempt to write one-page proof, one should allow some risk.