• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why priest are not allowed to get married in christianity?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Read My Passage Fully Before Commenting / Don't Press Quotes Right Away/ Get The Idea First.

See, I'm a muslim. Al-Quran told me that Injil(Gospel) was distorted by human. But of course, Christian deny it and I respect them.

What I'm really disappointed about is that Bible is really wrote by human. It's true that God have send man to spread his word, but man shouldn't write in his point of view. He's acting as himself in the passage.

and you think that the Quran was NOT written by humans???

I can assure you that the quran was written by man just as the bible was. The hadiths prove that the quran was written by man.

Man write what he heard from God and should retain the point of view. If you acting as yourself in the passage, how do you want to convinced others that it's from God? It's like putting God's word in your mouth. Paul is acting God.

God does not treat mankind like puppets. He allows all of his servants to express themselves individually and when they do, they are giving more praise to God because they are speaking from their heart. And if a servant of God has been given holy spirit, then it is by holy spirit that they teach and that is why their words taken as the word of God... it is because God is inspiring them and they are moved by Gods spirit.

it doesnt mean they are perfect men and that they wont make mistakes.... but it means that when teaching, they are speaking by the authority of God. Just as Moses spoke by the authority of God when he directed the Isrealites on certain matters. God did not always do the speaking....Moses was empowered by holy spirit to lead and judge the people and make decisions. So was Paul.

Factor of fornication according to Paul:
Q: What should you do to avoid fornication?
A: You should get married.
Q: Why do you get married to avoid fornication?
A: Because marriage can prevent fornication.
Q: How can marriage prevent fornication?
A: It drag you away from being lonely.
Q:If marriage can prevent fornication, what is the opposite of marriage?
A: Celibacy.

You have got this all wrong. Marriage does not automatically protect a person from fornication....even married people can commit fornication because fornication is the 'improper use of the sex organs'....polygamy leads a man to fornication because he is having sex with multiple partners for example. Or if a married man has an affair, that is fornication. So marriage does not protect anyone from fornication.

the only thing that protects someone from fornication is their own self regulation or self control.

He obviously telling us that celibacy can exposed us to fornication. But Paul tell us the opposite thing in the same passage.

Celibacy in Paul's view:
Q: Celibacy. Is it Good?
A: Yes.
Q: What does celibacy do?
A: It will give you more concentration on God's affair.
Q: How can marriage affect us?
A: Well, you'll have your interest divided.

Paul have surely use a sweet word. He acting like a merciful priest assigned by the God. He give you freedom to choose. "Freedom" is his key. People is very excited of freedom.

No wrong again. He is telling us that some people are capable of remaining celibate....even Jesus said that some remain celibate for the sake of Gods Will... so some people can. Jesus remained celibate because he had self control and he was a spiritual person....his mind was not on the flesh, he was not drawn to flesh....he was focused on spiritual things and that is why he could remain celibate all his life. Paul was the same, he was focused on spiritual things and he could remain celibate.

But Paul recognized that not all people had that strength, so he said that if you are the sort of person who can remain celibate, you will do very well, but if you dont have that gift, then its better for you to marry. So Paul is making both options available and allowing individuals to choose which path they want to take.

The choice is up to individuals. there is no rule one way or the other.

Looncall

Look at my post in:http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...25409-atheists-what-moral-grounds-do-you.html

You haven't seen supernatural. That's why you don't believe in religion.

Do you have any idea why is Magic that considered as a myth exist on movies and animation? Everything done by human is triggered by something. Magic is not a myth. Magic itself triggered many kind of myth.

No, no. The idea of magic is an understandable error of ancient ignorance. Now that we have some notion of how the universe works, it is time to put this worn-out childishness behind us.

AhmadSyahir

No, no. The idea of magic is an understandable error of ancient ignorance. Now that we have some notion of how the universe works, it is time to put this worn-out childishness behind us.

What am I trying to say is that Magic is practice nowadays in this so-called modern world. You may not have believe it.

Islam has also describe what is Magic. In the time of Nabi Musa(Moses), there's thousands of witch.

What do you think people will think about Islam when they speak about Magic which does not exist? Exactly.. It work nowadays. There's some people that still practice it nowadays. There's even fatwa to kill Witch that kill other people using his/her magic. Think about laughing? No you shouldn't because it's proven existed.

not nom

What am I trying to say is that Magic is practice nowadays in this so-called modern world. You may not have believe it.

Islam has also describe what is Magic. In the time of Nabi Musa(Moses), there's thousands of witch.

What do you think people will think about Islam when they speak about Magic which does not exist? Exactly.. It work nowadays. There's some people that still practice it nowadays. There's even fatwa to kill Witch that kill other people using his/her magic. Think about laughing? No you shouldn't because it's proven existed.

that reminds me of a book I read (and recommend)...

Amazon.com: JUNGLE CHILD (9781844082612): SABINE KUEGLER: Books

She and her siblings teach the native children soccer and hide-and-seek; in return they learn how to survive in the jungle. Kuegler's family gradually teaches its hosts to break the cycle of revenge and murder that has ruled their behavior for centuries, causing the Fayu to live in constant fear, never sure of a viable future.

^ that means actually that whenever someone died, of old age or a disease or by accident etc., they usually assumed someone from neighbouring tribe had cursed them, and seeked revenge.

stop and imagine that for a second. madness! no wait, just ignorance. that's basically where we all come from... crawling in the dark, having spooky, silly ideas in the head.

you said there is proof -- where? because that people believe it, and would "confirm it", means *nothing*. opinions are not proof.

not nom

(which isn't to say there's not plenty of people who believe in an practice magic in "the west", too... I just have to think of someone telling me about someone else who "cried on his crystals" (wtf?!) when someone wronged him, to curse them. bleh... but why would I want to stone someone who clearly has issues and is basically only hurting themself? I don't even want to know how people who are scared of magic react to real problems, heh)

also, was does this have to do with marriage and priests, lol? gotta read up :D

AhmadSyahir

and you think that the Quran was NOT written by humans???

I can assure you that the quran was written by man just as the bible was. The hadiths prove that the quran was written by man.

God does not treat mankind like puppets. He allows all of his servants to express themselves individually and when they do, they are giving more praise to God because they are speaking from their heart. And if a servant of God has been given holy spirit, then it is by holy spirit that they teach and that is why their words taken as the word of God... it is because God is inspiring them and they are moved by Gods spirit.

it doesnt mean they are perfect men and that they wont make mistakes.... but it means that when teaching, they are speaking by the authority of God. Just as Moses spoke by the authority of God when he directed the Isrealites on certain matters. God did not always do the speaking....Moses was empowered by holy spirit to lead and judge the people and make decisions. So was Paul.

[/COLOR][/B]You have got this all wrong. Marriage does not automatically protect a person from fornication....even married people can commit fornication because fornication is the 'improper use of the sex organs'....polygamy leads a man to fornication because he is having sex with multiple partners for example. Or if a married man has an affair, that is fornication. So marriage does not protect anyone from fornication.

the only thing that protects someone from fornication is their own self regulation or self control.

No wrong again. He is telling us that some people are capable of remaining celibate....even Jesus said that some remain celibate for the sake of Gods Will... so some people can. Jesus remained celibate because he had self control and he was a spiritual person....his mind was not on the flesh, he was not drawn to flesh....he was focused on spiritual things and that is why he could remain celibate all his life. Paul was the same, he was focused on spiritual things and he could remain celibate.

But Paul recognized that not all people had that strength, so he said that if you are the sort of person who can remain celibate, you will do very well, but if you dont have that gift, then its better for you to marry. So Paul is making both options available and allowing individuals to choose which path they want to take.

The choice is up to individuals. there is no rule one way or the other.

You're right Pegg. Al-Quran is written by human. It's written by human so it will always present. But, the word is from God. You will never heard anyone talking in Al-Quran other than Allah. You will never hear "I" as a human. Not even Muhammad S.A.W saying with "I" in Al-Quran. The only one that talk in Al-Quran is "I" as Allah.

But Paul, he is acting God. He say "I'm not saying this as a commandment". Who is he? Does he have right to make God's word his? Instead of God is speaking, he say "I" as himself using God's word.

Fornication is having sexual intercourse out of marriage. Sex out of marriage will cause many problem. Imagine how animal live. We will be like them if we do the same thing as they are. Mankind will be in chaos and there's no different to the animal. Fornication is only the sexual intercourse out of marriage.

Now I ask you. Why Paul told to get married to avoid fornication?
It set you away from wild desire. But after you have a legal source to calm yourself down, but you still looking for illegal one, then it will be a crime.

It may not automatically save you but it do. If you have a pistol, will it protect you from the enemy which is unarmed? Yes, if you pull the trigger, you'll be safe. But if you let the enemy to approach, then you're really seeking yourself a trouble. Same goes to marriage. You can set yourself calm with your wife or husband, but if you look for another source, then you yourself seek for trouble. How safe can you be. There's only two state. Safe and unsafe. Pull the trigger and you'll be safe. Two different thing. Legal and illegal. Illegal is a crime, so find yourself a legal source.

*For example: If your stomach is empty, you will feel hungry. After you eat and full, how can you eat for another round? Basically, marriage will keep you 'full' that you don't need another Illegal source.

I told you. 200 priest in 2 decades in only a country. Paul is lying about celibacy. If only 1 out of 1000k people can do it, other priest that try their luck will be in trouble. Priest will say: You'll never know until you try it yourself. They try the best until the test come in just a second and put them into sexual abuse cases. Poor priest.

The best Priest that only care about God's affair is someone that is not normal. They can be as good as Paul. I'm not saying this, but Paul describe like I do. Married people have their interest divided. So, normal people out there, I'm sorry to say that you're not qualify because you have sexual desire like normal people.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
in the first century church to which Paul was speaking, there were no priests as such. All the members of the congregation were 'ministers of the good news'

the women were ministers, the men were ministers and some men were appointed as 'elders' who directed the rest of the ministers. So obviously Paul wasnt promoting celebacy for those who were the leaders of the congregation, no. Many of those leaders of the congregation back there were married men.

The whole idea of the celibate priests came along at a much later time by some christians who twisted Pauls words. I agree with you that celibacy is not good for everyone because most people do have a normal sexual desire and they seek to fulfill that desire and its not wrong to do so...Paul said that the married man will do well so he obviously was not opposed to marriage.

AhmadSyahir

in the first century church to which Paul was speaking, there were no priests as such. All the members of the congregation were 'ministers of the good news'

the women were ministers, the men were ministers and some men were appointed as 'elders' who directed the rest of the ministers. So obviously Paul wasnt promoting celebacy for those who were the leaders of the congregation, no. Many of those leaders of the congregation back there were married men.

The whole idea of the celibate priests came along at a much later time by some christians who twisted Pauls words. I agree with you that celibacy is not good for everyone because most people do have a normal sexual desire and they seek to fulfill that desire and its not wrong to do so...Paul said that the married man will do well so he obviously was not opposed to marriage.

Some Christians twisted Paul's word huh? Just how many version of Bible is out there? Even Jesus is not talking in Latin and English. This is why Al-Quran is preserved well in the original version but translation is allowed.

I believe in the real Injil(Gospel), Torah and Zabur too. But all of them are distorted by a nation that many Prophet are sent to them, Bani Israel(Jewish). Islam call the people that believe in the original Injil, Zabur and Gospel as Ahlul-Kitab(people of the book). But the teaching of the 3 Holy Book before Quran is not valid anymore because they're specific to Bani Israel.

Like I've said earlier. When human write a scripture, it will go wrong like Paul. He has done a great mistake by putting himself as "I" in the scripture even if he claim that he receive it from God. "I" shouldn't be any other than God in a scripture. Human shouldn't be in a same passage with God.

How do you know that Jesus himself is a God? Maybe he just send the word of God but other people put the God's word in his mouth and make him the son of God which he never claim that he is. I see a long list of name in Bible that end with son of God. And even many Prophet in Bible bow like muslim: 'fell on his face'.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Some Christians twisted Paul's word huh? Just how many version of Bible is out there? Even Jesus is not talking in Latin and English. This is why Al-Quran is preserved well in the original version but translation is allowed.

the original language manuscripts of the bible are still among us. They are kept safe in church's and museums and libraries all around the world...the bibles we all have are translations from those original language manuscripts. So while the translations differ slightly in how the verses are expressed, they all convey the same ideas as found in the original language manuscripts.

You think we all have different bibles, but we dont. We have exactly the same as what you have... we have various 'translators' who render the verses slightly different just as there are various 'translators' of the Quran and they all have slightly different ways of stating the quran into english.

I believe in the real Injil(Gospel), Torah and Zabur too. But all of them are distorted by a nation that many Prophet are sent to them, Bani Israel(Jewish). Islam call the people that believe in the original Injil, Zabur and Gospel as Ahlul-Kitab(people of the book). But the teaching of the 3 Holy Book before Quran is not valid anymore because they're specific to Bani Israel.

the Hebrew scriptures have not changed or been distorted. This is proved beyond any doubt by the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Those ancient scrolls have been compared to the scriptures as we have them today and there is virtually no difference in what we have after over 2,000 years. They are the same.

Gods word has been preserved for us and translated over and over and the result is that we still have the word of God as it was written in ancient times. The only reason why muslims are taught that the bible is corrupt is so that you dont get tempted to go and read the bible yourself....if you did you might leave Islam.

Like I've said earlier. When human write a scripture, it will go wrong like Paul. He has done a great mistake by putting himself as "I" in the scripture even if he claim that he receive it from God. "I" shouldn't be any other than God in a scripture. Human shouldn't be in a same passage with God.

the holy bible is not written like the Quran. The writers of the bible wrote the things they were told, and they wrote about the situations in their day. They gave instructions to congregations about certain matters and the holy spirit guided them in how to answer. That is why they can write "I say to you' or 'I saw this happen and decided"... These men had Gods holy spirit upon them so they were writing under that direction. Just because the Quran is written differently doesnt mean that the bible must be wrong....the bible is 66 books all written the same way, the Quran is just 1 book written a different way. I think the greater testimony is to be found in the 66 books rather then the 1 book.

How do you know that Jesus himself is a God? Maybe he just send the word of God but other people put the God's word in his mouth and make him the son of God which he never claim that he is. I see a long list of name in Bible that end with son of God. And even many Prophet in Bible bow like muslim: 'fell on his face'.

Jesus is a god in that he is a spirit like Jehovah is a spirit.

Even the Quran says that Mary was a virgin and God made her pregnant... so God is Jesus father and for that reason Jesus can be called a 'son of God'. He has no human father, so who is his father? The one who created him in the womb of Mary is his father...that one is God.

When God created Adam, he became a 'son of God' because God created him. And in the same way, God created Jesus so Jesus is truly a 'son of God' too.

AhmadSyahir

the original language manuscripts of the bible are still among us. They are kept safe in church's and museums and libraries all around the world...the bibles we all have are translations from those original language manuscripts. So while the translations differ slightly in how the verses are expressed, they all convey the same ideas as found in the original language manuscripts.

You think we all have different bibles, but we dont. We have exactly the same as what you have... we have various 'translators' who render the verses slightly different just as there are various 'translators' of the Quran and they all have slightly different ways of stating the quran into english.

the Hebrew scriptures have not changed or been distorted. This is proved beyond any doubt by the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Those ancient scrolls have been compared to the scriptures as we have them today and there is virtually no difference in what we have after over 2,000 years. They are the same.

Gods word has been preserved for us and translated over and over and the result is that we still have the word of God as it was written in ancient times. The only reason why muslims are taught that the bible is corrupt is so that you dont get tempted to go and read the bible yourself....if you did you might leave Islam.

the holy bible is not written like the Quran. The writers of the bible wrote the things they were told, and they wrote about the situations in their day. They gave instructions to congregations about certain matters and the holy spirit guided them in how to answer. That is why they can write "I say to you' or 'I saw this happen and decided"... These men had Gods holy spirit upon them so they were writing under that direction. Just because the Quran is written differently doesnt mean that the bible must be wrong....the bible is 66 books all written the same way, the Quran is just 1 book written a different way. I think the greater testimony is to be found in the 66 books rather then the 1 book.

Jesus is a god in that he is a spirit like Jehovah is a spirit.

Even the Quran says that Mary was a virgin and God made her pregnant... so God is Jesus father and for that reason Jesus can be called a 'son of God'. He has no human father, so who is his father? The one who created him in the womb of Mary is his father...that one is God.

When God created Adam, he became a 'son of God' because God created him. And in the same way, God created Jesus so Jesus is truly a 'son of God' too.

First of all, you did say that Paul's word is twisted somehow by an unknown party. And everybody have the same 'twisted' copy of 'King James' version. Now you tell me that it's not distorted.

I mean that it's distorted soon after the death of the prophet. You're wrong. Al-Quran stated that Injil and Torah is distorted for many reasons. Don't you feel weird why all the Abrahamic Religion share the same story somehow? Exactly. You'll hear "Bani Israel" too many time in the Al-Quran. Al-Quran don't talk about something for no reasons. Quran told that it's distorted as the reason but always quoted by other as excuse. Do Bible explain why it's too near to Judaism?

Jesus is the Son of God and so do Adam and many more. But why Jesus is the only one that quoted as 'God'? Christians is not monotheism after all. Many Son of God and can be quoted too with single title; GOD. What kind of monotheism is that? I figure out that Christian is close to Pagan too. Jesus is known with cross and other God can also related with different symbol. Trinity doesn't sounds like One and more to Three.

When Jesus talk, you take 'I' from him because he is considered God as Christians but I don't understand why Paul should do the same.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
First of all, you did say that Paul's word is twisted somehow by an unknown party. And everybody have the same 'twisted' copy of 'King James' version. Now you tell me that it's not distorted.

no. Its not what is written which has changed. That is still the same as it was written and as can clearly be seen in the original language manuscripts.

it is the way that people interpret what they read which they twist. Its like someone taking something written in the Quran and putting a new interpretation on it. It doesnt mean their interpretation of a verse is correct.

I mean that it's distorted soon after the death of the prophet. You're wrong. Al-Quran stated that Injil and Torah is distorted for many reasons. Don't you feel weird why all the Abrahamic Religion share the same story somehow? Exactly. You'll hear "Bani Israel" too many time in the Al-Quran. Al-Quran don't talk about something for no reasons. Quran told that it's distorted as the reason but always quoted by other as excuse. Do Bible explain why it's too near to Judaism?
i dont understand what you mean here. The quran does not give any specifics about what has been supposedly been changed in the writings because it has nothing specific to point to....it hasnt been changed. The dead sea scrolls prove that the bbile has not changed.

what people change is how they ínterpret' the scriptures. But noone can just come along and change what has been written....that is still the same.

Jesus is the Son of God and so do Adam and many more. But why Jesus is the only one that quoted as 'God'? Christians is not monotheism after all. Many Son of God and can be quoted too with single title; GOD. What kind of monotheism is that? I figure out that Christian is close to Pagan too. Jesus is known with cross and other God can also related with different symbol. Trinity doesn't sounds like One and more to Three.

this again is about ínterpretation'. Some christians read certain verses and think it must mean Jesus is God, but others read the same verses and do not think it means that. Not all christians believe or teach that Jesus is God. Jehovahs Witnesses do not teach the trinity. We teach that Jesus is only the 'son'of God and Jehovah/Yawheh is God Almighty.

But in the early centuries, 3rd/4th century, Rome made christianity its State religion and in doing so it wanted some teachings changed and some christians accepted to change their teachings. But not all christians accepted to change their teachings.

But you must realise that the writings themselves have not been changed...they are the same.
When Jesus talk, you take 'I' from him because he is considered God as Christians but I don't understand why Paul should do the same.

just because someone says "'I"in the scripture does not mean they think they are God. The prophets for example were told to write things they saw and heard and they wrote Ï saw a vision in the days of the king of so and so..." they mention themselves a lot because it was to them that God spoke. The Quran is different in that way because it has been written as if it is only God speaking...but the bible is not written like that and it doesnt mean all the bible writers thought they were God because they included themselves in the writings.

AhmadSyahir

no. Its not what is written which has changed. That is still the same as it was written and as can clearly be seen in the original language manuscripts.

it is the way that people interpret what they read which they twist. Its like someone taking something written in the Quran and putting a new interpretation on it. It doesnt mean their interpretation of a verse is correct.

i dont understand what you mean here. The quran does not give any specifics about what has been supposedly been changed in the writings because it has nothing specific to point to....it hasnt been changed. The dead sea scrolls prove that the bbile has not changed.

what people change is how they ínterpret' the scriptures. But noone can just come along and change what has been written....that is still the same.

this again is about ínterpretation'. Some christians read certain verses and think it must mean Jesus is God, but others read the same verses and do not think it means that. Not all christians believe or teach that Jesus is God. Jehovahs Witnesses do not teach the trinity. We teach that Jesus is only the 'son'of God and Jehovah/Yawheh is God Almighty.

But in the early centuries, 3rd/4th century, Rome made christianity its State religion and in doing so it wanted some teachings changed and some christians accepted to change their teachings. But not all christians accepted to change their teachings.

But you must realise that the writings themselves have not been changed...they are the same.

just because someone says "'I"in the scripture does not mean they think they are God. The prophets for example were told to write things they saw and heard and they wrote Ï saw a vision in the days of the king of so and so..." they mention themselves a lot because it was to them that God spoke. The Quran is different in that way because it has been written as if it is only God speaking...but the bible is not written like that and it doesnt mean all the bible writers thought they were God because they included themselves in the writings.

I can't explain anymore if you don't want to see. I told you about Paul's game, but if you insist. I also can't find the key and also got my mind into Paul's word for quite sometimes at first. I left it there when he talk about how good celibacy is but he also stated it as the factor of fornication. He don't mention it: "Celibacy can led to fornication" but instead, he use "Marriage can avoid fornication". Two different word that share the same meanings. I don't see what do you mean by the way it is interpreted. There's no such thing for literal passage. He make an opposite point and mod it's word and combine them in a passage to hide the exact meaning.

So, the main stream of Christians is teaching wrong interpretations. Yeah, it's weird to describe Trinity(Three), as monotheism(one). I guess you're better in interpreting than the mainstream. What's the difference between all the Bibles version that make it different in the basic; Definition of God? I also want to express my curiosity on different interpretation even in the basic stage. I can't imagine how is different interpretation. Can you give me an example?

Jesus..Why Adam is not quoted like him too? Isn't he too the Son of God in Bible? I also heard a list of Son of God. I also want to know if Jesus and the rest Son of God is God or mankind?

Yes, if they say 'I' saw a vision. But they shouldn't use 'I' if they receive the commandment or advise from God that should be introduced to mankind. It's like putting God's word in the writer's mouth.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So, the main stream of Christians is teaching wrong interpretations. Yeah, it's weird to describe Trinity(Three), as monotheism(one). I guess you're better in interpreting than the mainstream. What's the difference between all the Bibles version that make it different in the basic; Definition of God? I also want to express my curiosity on different interpretation even in the basic stage. I can't imagine how is different interpretation. Can you give me an example?
sure.
a good example is the bibles teaching of a 'resurrection'
the greek word is A‧na′sta‧sis, and it literally means “a standing up again”. In the accounts of the bible were people were 'resurrected', it was always a dead person who was brought back to life as a physical person.

However, the church's do not teach about this type of resurrection. They claim that the only resurrection is when a person is raised to spirit life. So the person does not come back as a human, rather they are resurrected to life as a spirit.

That is their interpretation only...its not what is written. What is written is that a person is resurrected back to physical life on earth as a human.

Jesus..Why Adam is not quoted like him too? Isn't he too the Son of God in Bible? I also heard a list of Son of God. I also want to know if Jesus and the rest Son of God is God or mankind?

all of mankind are sons of God according to the bible. We are all Gods children for the reason that he gives and sustains our life. The scriptures show that God chooses to be his sons, those who he approves of:

Matthew 5:99 “Happy are the peaceable, since they will be called ‘sons of God.’

Romans 8:14 For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons

John 1:12 However, as many as did receive him(Jesus), to them he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name;

2 Corinthians 6:18 “‘And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.

Hosea 1:10 “And the number of the sons of Israel must become like the grains of the sand of the sea that cannot be measured or numbered. And it must occur that in the place in which it used to be said to them, ‘YOU men are not my people,’ it will be said to them, ‘The sons of the living God"

If God wants to call someone his 'son' he will. He chose Abraham did he not? And to Abraham he fulfilled his promise, so we should never think that God cannot call someone his 'son' if he chooses to do so.

Yes, if they say 'I' saw a vision. But they shouldn't use 'I' if they receive the commandment or advise from God that should be introduced to mankind. It's like putting God's word in the writer's mouth.

thats true if its in the case that God is giving his own command. The bible writers always attributed such commands as coming from God. But it is not wrong for Gods servants to teach people using their own words either. If God was really against his servants using their own words, then we wouldnt have a bible because most writers did so... here are some examples:

Moses wrote in genesis about why a man and woman must stick together. he wasnt quoting Jehovah when he wrote this:
Genesis 2:24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh. 25 And both of them continued to be naked, the man and his wife, and yet they did not become ashamed
How do we know that Moses was not just giving an uninformed opinion here, but he was speaking in harmony with Gods revealed truth???
We know because Jesus confirmed his words in this very passage as Gods purpose for man and woman. So even though Moses was not directly quoting God here, what he wrote was still in harmony with Gods revealed truth.

When bible writers wrote anything, it was under Gods guidance as the Apostle Peter mentions:
2Peter 1:21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit
This doesnt mean God dictated word for word what they should write as you believe in the case of Mohammad.
God revealed truth to his servants, and by understanding Gods will, they were able to teach people using their own words....they did not need to be given every word to teach because they had an understanding given them by 'holy spirit'

Here is another example of the Apostle Peter as he describes how the holy spirit revealed a very important truth to him:
Acts 10:34 At this Peter opened his mouth and said: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him
Notice how Peter did not say God had told him this truth... rather Peter 'perceived' the truth that God is not partial. That is what the holy spirit does. It enables Gods servants to 'understand' without the need to be dictated to.

BadBeast

I think the reason Priests were banned from marrying is so that society didn't end up being ruled by Dynastic Hegemonies. Imagine if the Papacy was an inherited post. Marriage of Church and State in the most unholy of totalitarian scenarios. No room for heresy, Lord High Inquisitors seeking out those who would blaspheme against the State. Horrible punishments meted out for the slightest infractions. That's part of the reason that Islam is so fragmented and factional. The Prophet left Sons, to squabble over who gets to wield Power over the Faithful. If Christ had left heirs behind, the same thing would have happened. Not for any Theological reasons, just secular political ones.

AhmadSyahir

sure.
a good example is the bibles teaching of a 'resurrection'
the greek word is A‧na′sta‧sis, and it literally means “a standing up again”. In the accounts of the bible were people were 'resurrected', it was always a dead person who was brought back to life as a physical person.

However, the church's do not teach about this type of resurrection. They claim that the only resurrection is when a person is raised to spirit life. So the person does not come back as a human, rather they are resurrected to life as a spirit.

That is their interpretation only...its not what is written. What is written is that a person is resurrected back to physical life on earth as a human.

all of mankind are sons of God according to the bible. We are all Gods children for the reason that he gives and sustains our life. The scriptures show that God chooses to be his sons, those who he approves of:

Matthew 5:99 “Happy are the peaceable, since they will be called ‘sons of God.’

Romans 8:14 For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons

John 1:12 However, as many as did receive him(Jesus), to them he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name;

2 Corinthians 6:18 “‘And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.

Hosea 1:10 “And the number of the sons of Israel must become like the grains of the sand of the sea that cannot be measured or numbered. And it must occur that in the place in which it used to be said to them, ‘YOU men are not my people,’ it will be said to them, ‘The sons of the living God"

If God wants to call someone his 'son' he will. He chose Abraham did he not? And to Abraham he fulfilled his promise, so we should never think that God cannot call someone his 'son' if he chooses to do so.

thats true if its in the case that God is giving his own command. The bible writers always attributed such commands as coming from God. But it is not wrong for Gods servants to teach people using their own words either. If God was really against his servants using their own words, then we wouldnt have a bible because most writers did so... here are some examples:

Moses wrote in genesis about why a man and woman must stick together. he wasnt quoting Jehovah when he wrote this:
Genesis 2:24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh. 25 And both of them continued to be naked, the man and his wife, and yet they did not become ashamed
How do we know that Moses was not just giving an uninformed opinion here, but he was speaking in harmony with Gods revealed truth???
We know because Jesus confirmed his words in this very passage as Gods purpose for man and woman. So even though Moses was not directly quoting God here, what he wrote was still in harmony with Gods revealed truth.

When bible writers wrote anything, it was under Gods guidance as the Apostle Peter mentions:
2Peter 1:21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit
This doesnt mean God dictated word for word what they should write as you believe in the case of Mohammad.
God revealed truth to his servants, and by understanding Gods will, they were able to teach people using their own words....they did not need to be given every word to teach because they had an understanding given them by 'holy spirit'

Here is another example of the Apostle Peter as he describes how the holy spirit revealed a very important truth to him:
Acts 10:34 At this Peter opened his mouth and said: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him
Notice how Peter did not say God had told him this truth... rather Peter 'perceived' the truth that God is not partial. That is what the holy spirit does. It enables Gods servants to 'understand' without the need to be dictated to.

Resurrection? So..What's the evidence that used by some Church to deny the physical resurrection? Any idea? Based on what sentence?

Jesus always quoted as Son of God. Is that an interpretation or absolutely invention of fool priest in the beginning since everyone is Son of God? Why bother writing a long list of Son of God if everyone is?

So,many Christian always quoted Jesus Christ in their prayer but don't even realize that they also are the Son of God. They're worshiping Human(Jesus) all this time without knowing it. I know it, most Christian claim that Jesus is both Man and God but it turns out that they're fool to believe such lies. Basically, every Christians that worship Jesus is inventing their own God all this century...I see. So, mainstream Christian is actually an apostates all this century?

Your interpretation is away from the mainstream. I guess the Christians that believe in Jesus Christ as a God is fooling around all this time.

But,Wait...I suddenly have another idea while writing this. I think that the interpretation of mainstream is also make sense too. Not everybody is Son of God. That's why there's a list in the Bible and you have also confirmed that " those who he approves of". Those can be testified by "However, as many as did receive him(Jesus), to them he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name;". Exercising faith in his name? Whose name? Well, I think the 'mainstream' mean that those who're chosen to be the Son of God is those who're written in the list(something like apostle). I suddenly come to a conclusion that the mainstream is not wrong in their interpretation either.

And it also across my mind "Why bother who is the Son of God" cause those who sinned will go to hell and those who obeyed God will receive heaven as a reward. So, why bother? Jesus always quoted to be Son of God in many verse and his name is everywhere to be found saying that he is the Son of God. But everybody else too is. There must be a reason for his name is scattered in the Bible as the Son of God.

I have unsettled matter on Paul. You told me that every priest is married at his time. But why Paul himself suggesting that celibacy is good?

BadBeast

Because he had gender issues, and saw women as sin ridden temptresses, sent by the devil to distract him from his real work, ie: Marketing his dream of a Franchised Corporate Theocracy.

AhmadSyahir

Because he had gender issues, and saw women as sin ridden temptresses, sent by the devil to distract him from his real work, ie: Marketing his dream of a Franchised Corporate Theocracy.

Are you talking about Paul? If you do, then I would agree with you. First, she tell me that all the priest is married in Paul's time. Then, why Paul suggest celibacy then? I don't even know how she take that as 'no problem'...

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Are you talking about Paul? If you do, then I would agree with you. First, she tell me that all the priest is married in Paul's time. Then, why Paul suggest celibacy then? I don't even know how she take that as 'no problem'...

For some reason I doubt you understand what your responding to. :rolleyes:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb

Ah, the, Paul hated women argument. Nice one. Though this Corporate Theocracy business is a new one. I'm just dieing to hear your logic on this one!