• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why not to fap

Galateasdream

That's OK. If it's all the same to you I wouldn't mind retiring this thread now. It had its day in the sun. Now we are discussing trivialities.

Actually, I think it was just starting to get interesting.

At the moment it seems to me that to be consistent you would have to believe that both eating ice-cream and masturbating your partner are sinful. That's definitely worth exploring!

It's hardly a triviality if one has to make sure that every single act always has benefits that outweigh harm - diet will be very strict, and many sexual acts might be sinful. Even sex itself might actually do more harm than good - indeed, that might we'll be likely with al the risk factors involved.

It might also turn out, conversely, that if partnered sex is ok whilst masturbation is not, then the use of sex toys might be more beneficial than harmful - so although solo masturbation might not be sensible, using a fleshlight, or thrust toy, or better yet a high-end sex doll or robot,might well actually turn out to be more beneficial than even partnered sex (no std risk for a start!).

You can see why I thinks it premature to end the thread now. We're just getting going!

However, if you really aren't interested in those discussions, then sure. It doesn't matter. Good luck with not masturbating (and anything else harmful)! All the best.

Milton Platt

It never satisfies.
There are 50 shades of gray and it can lead to higher shades of gray. You might lose control.
You fool your brain to get a trip.
You displease people who love you.
You feel safer when you aren't.

Edit: For how not to fap click here: How not to fap

Another Edit: The best reason for me is that the Book of Mormon declares, "If you bridle your passions, you will be full of love."

Fantasizing is not fooling your brain...it is using your brain
My wife does not and and she does it herself.
No, I don't feel safer. Why should I? does not "faping" reduce the number of terrorists in the world or alter climate change or something?
Why are we using that particular word? is Masturbate not allowed by the censors?

And it isn't anyone else's business....including you or your imaginary daddy in the sky.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

At the moment it seems to me that to be consistent you would have to believe that both eating ice-cream and masturbating your partner are sinful. That's definitely worth exploring!

It's hardly a triviality if one has to make sure that every single act always has benefits that outweigh harm - diet will be very strict, and many sexual acts might be sinful. Even sex itself might actually do more harm than good - indeed, that might we'll be likely with al the risk factors involved.

It might also turn out, conversely, that if partnered sex is ok whilst masturbation is not, then the use of sex toys might be more beneficial than harmful - so although solo masturbation might not be sensible, using a fleshlight, or thrust toy, or better yet a high-end sex doll or robot,might well actually turn out to be more beneficial than even partnered sex (no std risk for a start!).

You can see why I thinks it premature to end the thread now. We're just getting going!

However, if you really aren't interested in those discussions, then sure. It doesn't matter. Good luck with not masturbating (and anything else harmful)! All the best.

"eating ice cream and masturbating your partner" at the same time would be novel. I like the way you think! LOL

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

Some of this I can't talk about because it has to do with our Temples, but there is opposition in all things. That means for every good thing there is a bad thing to counterbalance it and you have to choose. Every good thing has a Satanic counterfeit.

I suppose toys are OK, but my purposes are not to distinguish all these acts as OK or not OK but to simply explain why there is a problem.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Fantasizing is not fooling your brain...it is using your brain
My wife does not and and she does it herself.
No, I don't feel safer. Why should I? does not "faping" reduce the number of terrorists in the world or alter climate change or something?
Why are we using that particular word? is Masturbate not allowed by the censors?

And it isn't anyone else's business....including you or your imaginary daddy in the sky.
It can fool your brain a little, but cumming really fools your brain. Your brain feels like its having sex so it will treat your situation differently, as though you don't have as much to worry about.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Some of this I can't talk about because it has to do with our Temples, but there is opposition in all things. That means for every good thing there is a bad thing to counterbalance it and you have to choose. Every good thing has a Satanic counterfeit.

I suppose toys are OK, but my purposes are not to distinguish all these acts as OK or not OK but to simply explain why there is a problem.
On second thought, I think some toys would be OK and some not, but I really don't want to get into it. Thanks.