• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why not nuclear power?

and? would you rather die directly or suffer lot of pain for a long time, or lose the ability to reproduce just to save a bit of money? (there are still children born with deformations because of chernobyle)

wednesday

Jesus
Penny wise, pound foolish.

I'd rather we spend the extra money to do it right, instead of saving a little money now but having to clean up the mess later, which will ultimately cost even more.

Agreed, i've heard that it will cost more when we "have to"change our ways than if we "choose to"change our ways.
Good luck convincing the politicians though, Kevin Rudd has a bachelor of arts and speaks Chinese, what would he know about energy? Other than what he is advised by his fat cats?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
and? would you rather die directly or suffer lot of pain for a long time, or lose the ability to reproduce just to save a bit of money? (there are still children born with deformations because of chernobyle)

There has been one level 7 disaster. This is comparable to the Bhopal disaster in India where a pesticide plant had a leak, estimated death toll was 8,000 however doctor reports push that up to almost 15,000. 100,000 people still suffer from it today. Should we ban all pesticides? Have you ever heard of it before?

you do know that certain pesticides were banned because of there potential harm to humans?

woops an accident,
chernobyl_fallout.jpg

terrorist: he you know nuclear reactors are actualy a pretty good way to kill/force people my will
other terrorist: or we can like try and spray pecticides around
terrorists: so we can either blow up a building or steal trucks filled with bug spray, hmm wich would couse more fear

Panda

42?
Premium Member
you do know that certain pesticides were banned because of there potential harm to humans?

The pesticide carbaryl is still commonly used. That was the pesticide that was leaked.

woops an accident,
chernobyl_fallout.jpg

terrorist: he you know nuclear reactors are actualy a pretty good way to kill/force people my will
other terrorist: or we can like try and spray pecticides around
terrorists: so we can either blow up a building or steal trucks filled with bug spray, hmm wich would couse more fear

Yup nuclear accidents cause less than 3% of our background radiation dose. 18% of background radiation is man made, 15% is from medical applications like X-rays and nuclear medicine. The other 3% is from all other man made thing, nuclear disasters falls under this. Yes this was a horrible accident but there have been far worse accidents. It is just that radioactive is a buzz word.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Friends,
Wind farms - good and green power but the blades are killing birds in the area.

Yea, I hear ya. But there's still some benefit to them though. Here's a cool concept that is already working.....This inventor created a wind turbine that looks much safer and bird friendly.

YouTube - Eco Tech: Powering Up: Wind Power

Well, I thought it was cool. It's cool that it can work in conjunction with solar as well.

I'm thoroughly convinced that one alternative source won't do it fo us. It just may be a combination of sources. Nuclear and the continued use of fossil fuels prove not to be the "solution" for us.

Gas prices in my area range from $4 - 4.80 for regular/supreme and $5 per gal for diesel.

Saw on the news that GM is closing 4 of their truck/suv plants because of the high fuel prices and because consumers are buying smaller cars and hybrids. GM is also thinking of selling the Hummer Distribution.

I have a co-worker of mine, her and her husband, own two suvs and one truck and she can't even trade her one suv in because she would take a loss on it. She wants a small 4 cyl or a hybrid now. Just on her suv alone she spends about $400 per month just in gas.:eek: