• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Most Of You Are going To Hell

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
michel said:
I have often thought that our incarnation on Earth is hell........

In a sense, you are correct.

Nobody likes going to school. The world is really a giant classroom. Think of it as a boarding school for souls that can't remember the way home. A home for the spiritually blind.

Lessons are constructed out of your very desires.

When you desire God, the path home has begun.

You'll still stop and play in the world from time to time, because you are a child. But you understand the urgent need to get going homeward. You'll spend less time playing as the path progresses.

x

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
xexon said:
Oh gee. That was an attractive worm on the hook, wasn't it?

But let's talk about why your're reading this instead of something else. Want to know why you're going to hell? Right?

Because hell only exists in the mind. Most, not all, but most of you live within the cave of the mind. Its safe in there. You can draw on the walls all you want to.

As long as you live within your mind, you will not know God, hence the term "hell". Religion belongs to the mind. Everything you know in your lives, also belongs to the mind.

The path you seek is not one of a door which opens to some outside world. It is a door which opens within yourself. The path is inward. Away from religions and other earthy trappings.

I invite you there.

x

Isn't this proselytization? I know I certainly don't appreciate being "invited away" from my religion because it's "wrong."

I invite you to find a different perspective and definition of "religion." It might help.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
An excellent post Xexon. Hell is a state of mind. It is more profound and important than a fiery hell of eternal torture. The Devil is in all of us.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Anti-World said:
Yay! I'm already in Hell! That saves time... Kinda takes out the whole "justice" part of it though...

The justice is that you are here because of your decision to stay here. By that same token, you will find your way out.

You're attracted by the world. You touched the tarbaby and the tarbaby touched back.

The world is a fine place to look, but great attention must be paid to what you touch.

Thats the hell of it.

x

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
sojourner said:
Isn't this proselytization? I know I certainly don't appreciate being "invited away" from my religion because it's "wrong."

I invite you to find a different perspective and definition of "religion." It might help.

I don't recruit. I merley give you more options than you may currently understand you have access to.

You came in because you understand hell is a place of punishment. Seeing yourself as a good person, you came in here to counterclaim. I'm not going to hell.

Nobody "goes" to hell. Like the kingdom itself, it is ever present. The only movable part is you.

How much control you have over your own actions is what determines how much access you have to either. Freewill is never compromised, but freewill needs to have access to as much information as it can find in order to make good decisions.

Religion can make an excellent start in the training of the mind, but at some point, it will reach the limits of what it can do for you. To open the door to the kingdom, you must leave everything behind you. Everything.

Do that, and and everthing will come and lay at your feet.

The entire universe will bow to you.

Because it is you.

x

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
michel said:
I have often thought that our incarnation on Earth is hell........

I feel much the same way sometimes. Then I remember I don't believe in the classic Christian form of Hell ;)

Ozzie

You cannot escape the mind itself as long as you have a body. Its a package deal. But you can understand what the mind is. It's a tool. It seeks knowledge. It draws upon physical sensation and creates it's world accordingly. As it cannot see the spiritual realm, it does not concern itself with it. The mind is like Mr. Spock.
Xenon, if the spiritual realm is the heart/body, the mind can see it. Every physical sensation perturbs the mind. Large perturbations of the mind may be due to heart-felt emotions, but even the subtlest physical sensation has a mental correlate.

The heart is that part of you closest to God. It is all knowing, but it has very little say in the world created by the mind. The mind only consults it when it has no answers itself, or the heart catches the mind in a quiet mood, it peeps through the door a little to this world. Thats really the key. For the heart to have direct access to the waking consciousness without the mind running any interference with it's filters and rules. It's duality finally put to rest.
"Duality put to rest" is an interesting idea. However if you examine the content of your mind when in this state of duality at rest, you will find your mind is full of love, while your body is full of subtle sensation. Duality is not at rest here.

Once the mind sees the power of the heart, it will finally bend a knee to it and become a humble servant. This is the correct order of things. The heart driving. The mind is a co pilot.
IMO you make a mistake here. While it might be preferable to have a mind in love, it is not always possible. Attachment to this state of mind at the expense of others will only move you away from true spiritual awareness of your own potential. Hierarchy of body/heart over mind is a false hope describing attachment to the mental state of love, and pleasurable body sensations associated with it.

Such a person now walks with a God consciousness. The container is the same, but the contents are different. Saul into Paul, if that helps. The polarity of such a person is different. The world falls away from them. It loses it's attraction.
If the world loses its attraction in such a state, the idea that God is closer is an illusion.

But inside that person, a sun is fixing to rise to a whole new world. And as it climbs higher and higher, it reveals all that was hidden by the darkness beforehand. This spiritual sun reveals a clarity of perception the mind can only dream about.
I think you a describing clarity of a mental state of love here.

This sun will have your very on face on it. And everything you want to shine on will reveal itself to you.
The sun does not have anyone's face on it. As an demonstration of the illusion of this state you describe resulting from attachment to it, why should your face be on the sun? Isn't this indicative of an ego driven interpretation?

Ozzie

Isn't this proselytization?

Not at all. Xenon has experienced something he/she profoundly likes and wishes to share. It is up to you to accept the invitation or decline it.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Ozzie said:
Xenon, if the spiritual realm is the heart/body, the mind can see it. Every physical sensation perturbs the mind. Large perturbations of the mind may be due to heart-felt emotions, but even the subtlest physical sensation has a mental correlate.

"Duality put to rest" is an interesting idea. However if you examine the content of your mind when in this state of duality at rest, you will find your mind is full of love, while your body is full of subtle sensation. Duality is not at rest here.

IMO you make a mistake here. While it might be preferable to have a mind in love, it is not always possible. Attachment to this state of mind at the expense of others will only move you away from true spiritual awareness of your own potential. Hierarchy of body/heart over mind is a false hope describing attachment to the mental state of love, and pleasurable body sensations associated with it.

If the world loses its attraction in such a state, the idea that God is closer is an illusion.

I think you a describing clarity of a mental state of love here.

The sun does not have anyone's face on it. As an demonstration of the illusion of this state you describe resulting from attachment to it, why should your face be on the sun? Isn't this indicative of an ego driven interpretation?

You old mentalist, you. :)

A "mental" state of love?

Eat it! Eat every word of it!

As it is, people are dragged around life by their mind. Its no different than a dog with a deathgrip on an old towel you're playing with. And it's a big dog too. It'll drag you wherever you allow it to. And like most, you'll enjoy every minute of it. You'll feed off each other too.

In God awareness, there are NO rules.

Now, to an average Joe, this is almost unthinkable. Wow! I can do anything I want!

Yes you can, but you are so intimate with the true nature of things by that point, you cannot cause pain to anything without feeling the pain yourself. The naughty things you would do as average Joe has no meaning to the Joe that is awake to a bigger picture.

To see the small picture is a sure sign the dog is still dragging you around the living room.

x

Ozzie

A "mental" state of love?

Eat it! Eat every word of it!

I can't eat it. But I can certainly taste it. And it is the mind that does the tasting. BTW, I am not a mentalist in a mental/sensory dichotomy. I see your position as ordering a hierarchy of the heart over the mind as the way to go in escaping hell. I want to criticise this idea of a possible hierarchy as ego driven.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
No, his greatest trick was to invent religion, and disguise it as holy.

Its a great way to fiddle as Rome burns.

x

Ozzie

Willamena said:
Not.

And the greatest trick the Devil ever did was convince everyone that he doesn't exist.
If Xexon is right, and the pathway to god is through the heart, Satan must reside their also. Especially if as you maintain it uses the mind to showcase its non-existence. Either way the premise assumes the mind is a secret, firstly to the existence of God, and also to the non-existence of Satan. Hmm... a secret that most of us are consciously unaware and needs revealing? Is this priviledged knowledge?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Ozzie said:
If Xexon is right, and the pathway to god is through the heart, Satan must reside their also. Especially if as you maintain it uses the mind to showcase its non-existence. Either way the premise assumes the mind is a secret, firstly to the existence of God, and also to the non-existence of Satan. Hmm... a secret that most of us are consciously unaware and needs revealing? Is this priviledged knowledge?
The mind is us. Eh; I have yet to see the movie, but I think I understand correctly the quote I made. If Xexon is correct, then the illusion of unity is given greater importance than the illusion of duality. I'm just not buying it.

I do, however, have a desire to read Catch 22 again.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Ozzie said:
I can't eat it. But I can certainly taste it. And it is the mind that does the tasting. BTW, I am not a mentalist in a mental/sensory dichotomy. I see your position as ordering a hierarchy of the heart over the mind as the way to go in escaping hell. I want to criticise this idea of a possible hierarchy as ego driven.

As I follow no religion, I am my own testament. I have no other.

My ego has the task of getting it out to you, so yes, it does pass that way. It salts and peppers as needed to make it palatable to those reading. I am a living person, not some bland words in a book.

The way you are understanding implies a dominant relationship of one thing over another. This is not the case. It is a perfect balance of the two. Its not a hierarchy, its a union. The mind, with it's ability to cruise the physical world, and the heart with it's abilty to see forever.

Quite a combo for those interested in an earthly life.

And when you're done with earthly life, the mind falls away and is reabsorbed into swirling dance of particles that compose all thoughts.

You don't need the thought forms anymore. Little point of hanging on to the device that made them.

x

Ozzie

Willamena said:
The mind is us. Eh; I have yet to see the movie, but I think I understand correctly the quote I made. If Xexon is correct, then the illusion of unity is given greater importance than the illusion of duality. I'm just not buying it.

I do, however, have a desire to read Catch 22 again.
Duality is no illusion. That is partly what the thread is about. Unity also is no illusion. Putting them in opposition creates the Catch-22/false dilemma. If there is a belief in a God, it is necessary to find a place for it within the mind if that is all there is.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Ozzie said:
Duality is no illusion. That is partly what the thread is about. Unity also is no illusion. Putting them in opposition creates the Catch-22/false dilemma. If there is a belief in a God, it is necessary to find a place for it within the mind if that is all there is.
Perhaps we are looking at illusions a little differently. I do agree with your final sentence.