• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Most Of You Are going To Hell

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
xexon said:
What you cannot understand is "I" is all that I have to offer.

I speak in the first person because because of this reason, not because I am arrogant.

Jesus did the same. And he was crucified for it by the very reasoning you have given.

Put away your hammer and nails. I am not your enemy.

x

x

And Paul spoke as "we" -- a voice for the community.

You are not Christ. You are not the Head of the Body -- but part of the Body, as Paul is.

Jesus was crucified for insurrection. You are not an insurrectionist. You're just irritating.

You are not the enemy. Yet you attack us with provocative speech.

gnomon

You can't see whats going on with them as easily as you can others, but they are not alone inside themselves.
Who is in there with them?

Life is taylored to the needs of that person
So in other words, they were destined to live with the daily struggles of mental illness?

You cannot use your "normal" as a benchmark for such people.
I'm not the one using normal.

If you believe in just one life, you will have a problem with that. If you believe in many lives, you'll understand that you have play many different parts on this stage.

Might be a deformed child in one life and a king the next. Whatever you need, is what you get. You may be trapped inside the hell of mental illness your whole life, but it doesn't mean that the path has stopped.

Generally, such people will not conquer themselves in the space of one lifetime, if that answers your question.
In other words, when forming this incredible philosophy of people living in the hell of their own mind you never actually considered those people who suffer from various mental disabilities and only now invoke karma to wiggle your way out.

I've heard this crap before. It is a condescending useless philosophy.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Jesus was a radical.

He too, was an irritant to the powers of the day. Both on the throne and in the temple.

No, I'm not a Christ, but I'm hoping to be one someday. Just like Jesus instructed.

I'll leave you with a quote from Gandhi to ponder:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".

x

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
xexon said:
Jesus was a radical.

He too, was an irritant to the powers of the day. Both on the throne and in the temple.

No, I'm not a Christ, but I'm hoping to be one someday. Just like Jesus instructed.

I'll leave you with a quote from Gandhi to ponder:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".

x

I'll leave you with a quote from Jesus:
"Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing."

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
gnomon said:
Who is in there with them?

So in other words, they were destined to live with the daily struggles of mental illness?

I'm not the one using normal.

In other words, when forming this incredible philosophy of people living in the hell of their own mind you never actually considered those people who suffer from various mental disabilities and only now invoke karma to wiggle your way out.

I've heard this crap before. It is a condescending useless philosophy.

People who have "disabilities" are no different on the path than anyone else. Their lessons are different, thats all.

I hesitate to bring up karma because so few people have an understanding of it. Karma does indeed structure your life according to deeds, both past and present. If you understand karma, you also understand that its very much like a bank account.

If you were given the opportunity to decrease the bad karma account, would you not do so? This is where poverty and disease and all the rest come into play. You are roasting the bad karma by bringing it into contact with fire/suffering.

You agreed to this before entering another life here on earth.

Suffering serves two purposes. The first is the rapid removal of bad karma. The second is you are allowing yourself to be used in the lessons of others.

From your suffering, others will learn how to expand their compassion. This will pay you in good karma, offsetting the bad karma account.

The test comes from being aware enough not to create additional bad karma while you are undergoing these trials in life. Otherwise, you lose the advantage.

x