• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY ISLAM FORBIDS THE GOSPEL?

Servant_of_the_One1

It is because for us the Bible contains truth and falsehood. The Qur'an is sufficient for us as holy book and as guide.
Indeed, this Qur'an guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward (.17:9)
So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.(2:79)

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
They don't allow Muslims to read the Bible. The forbid Christians to preach to Muslims.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

because they don't want Muslims to know the Truth, that the Bible is not corrupted as claimed by Quran.

For the Quran to be accepted, they must in control of Israel.

I'm a Muslim that has at least 7 Bibles (Various versions), many perhaps most Muslims either have a Bible or have read one.
I guess somebody forgot to tell us we are forbidden to read it.
Some things we are forbidden to do to the Bible :
Desecrate it
Treat it with disrespect
While we do believe the Bible contains errors and are not true to what was revealed, it does still contain a considerable amount of Truth and some of the original words from God(swt)

J

johnpeter1970

I'm a Muslim that has at least 7 Bibles (Various versions), many perhaps most Muslims either have a Bible or have read one.
I guess somebody forgot to tell us we are forbidden to read it.
Some things we are forbidden to do to the Bible :
Desecrate it
Treat it with disrespect
While we do believe the Bible contains errors and are not true to what was revealed, it does still contain a considerable amount of Truth and some of the original words from God(swt)

Where are you from?

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Where are you from?

Born in Hartford Ct in 1940 but have lived on every continent except Antactica. Partially from Militery, Part from being a Christian Evangelist and partly from being a "Travel Bum" Currently I live in North Dakota.
Have lived in North Africa and the Mideast as an "Assembly of God" Missionary. Knew many Muslims then that had Bibles. While preaching I often met Muslims that had considerable knowledge of the Bible.
I accepted Islam 9 years ago.

J

johnpeter1970

Born in Hartford Ct in 1940 but have lived on every continent except Antactica. Partially from Militery, Part from being a Christian Evangelist and partly from being a "Travel Bum" Currently I live in North Dakota.
Have lived in North Africa and the Mideast as an "Assembly of God" Missionary. Knew many Muslims then that had Bibles. While preaching I often met Muslims that had considerable knowledge of the Bible.
I accepted Islam 9 years ago.

Ever been to Malaysia? Bring a Malay Bible with you. Not an Indonesian Bible. A Malay Bible. Declare it to the custom.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Ever been to Malaysia? Bring a Malay Bible with you. Not an Indonesian Bible. A Malay Bible. Declare it to the custom.
Wait, so your argument that no Muslim the world over is allowed to read the Bible is based upon your knowledge of your local Muslims?

seeking4truth

What we have in this thread is exactly what is wrong with SOME people's understanding based on what they learn from the media today.

OK SOME Muslims and Muslim countries do not allow Bibles to be brought in or Christians to preach there. But the thread began with a statement that is obviously not true. ie. Muslims(all of them?) don't allow the Bible to be read.

Of the Muslims in the world today a tiny portion are terrorists - and remember most of those suffering from the terrorists are Muslims themselves - but yet SOME people would have you believe that Islam is a religion supporting terrorism. It does not.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
They don't allow Muslims to read the Bible. The forbid Christians to preach to Muslims.
WHY? WHY? WHY?
because they don't want Muslims to know the Truth, that the Bible is not corrupted as claimed by Quran.
Islam does not forbid Muslims from reading Torah (OT) or Anjeel (the Gospel or NT).
I myself have read OT and NT the Catholic as well as the Protestant, from cover to cover. I have even distributed the Protestant Bible among my friends freely to read it and get confirmed that it is corrupted.
I stand witness that OT and NT have been corrupted by the narrators/scribes/clergy, massively.
Regards

McBell

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Source please.

McBell

Islam does not forbid Muslims from reading Torah (OT) or Anjeel (the Gospel or NT).
I myself have read OT and NT the Catholic as well as the Protestant, from cover to cover. I have even distributed the Protestant Bible among my friends freely to read it and get confirmed that it is corrupted.
I stand witness that OT and NT have been corrupted by the narrators/scribes/clergy, massively.
Regards
rotflmao

You stand witness to the corruption of the OT and NT?

Thank you.
I needed a good laugh.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You stand witness to the corruption of the OT and NT?
Thank you.
I needed a good laugh.
You may laugh aloud as loud as you can, it would be good for your health. I don't mind.
Now kindly let us know as to what is your argument.
What is wrong in my comments. Please
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me

WHY? WHY? WHY?

I believe every shepherd tries to keep his sheep from wolves. As a heretic I am sometimes viewed by pastors as a wolf because my beliefs don't coincide with theirs. Theere is one church wher I am forbidden to speak of theology to the parishoners.

I beleive I have seen the sheep also reluctant to listen for the same reason. They will say I can't talk to you about this but must listen to my priest or Imam.

Muffled

Jesus in me
At RF Muslims, Christians and ppl of all relgions and no religions are mutually talking, presenting and reading each others' books. Who are these 'they'? ....Maybe some retired fellows!

The places that forbid such things nust be having fits over the availability of info on the internet. I suspect my chinese communist friend is apt to be monitered so I am careful about what I say to her.