• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY ISLAM FORBIDS THE GOSPEL?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Actually Quraan tells us to have dialogues with the Christians.

I believe that particular verse encourages a dialogue with God but there are places where it does say to speak to the "people of the book."

Su 3:20 So if they dispute with thee, Say: "I have submitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me." And say to the People of the Book and to those who are unlearned: "Do ye also submit yourselves?" If they do, they are in right guidance, but if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the Message; and in Allah’s sight are all His servants.
I submit myself to Jesus so I consider myself Islamic.

Sabour

I believe that particular verse encourages a dialogue with God but there are places where it does say to speak to the "people of the book."

Su 3:20 So if they dispute with thee, Say: "I have submitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me." And say to the People of the Book and to those who are unlearned: "Do ye also submit yourselves?" If they do, they are in right guidance, but if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the Message; and in Allah’s sight are all His servants.
I submit myself to Jesus so I consider myself Islamic.

You said you submit yourself to Jesus peace be upon him so you consider yourself Islamic, whereas the very same verse you quoted says I have submitted my whole self to Allah. That is not the same thing.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You said you submit yourself to Jesus peace be upon him so you consider yourself Islamic, whereas the very same verse you quoted says I have submitted my whole self to Allah. That is not the same thing.

I believe it is the same thing.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Quraan makes it clear that it is not the same thing. This is the major difference between Christianity and Islam

I believe Muslims are vastly mistaken about what the Qu'ran says about this. The truth is that a correct understanding of the Qu'ran is consistent with the Biblical view that Jesus is divine.

Muffled

Jesus in me
would you be so kind as to present a written summary of the 83 minute online video?
I ask because it will not play for me.
Sorry about that but I lost my search data but the gist of it was that a bunch of people were picketing gays and were arrested for hate crimes. Some were let off but others went to jail for expressing their beliefs.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Sorry about that but I lost my search data but the gist of it was that a bunch of people were picketing gays and were arrested for hate crimes. Some were let off but others went to jail for expressing their beliefs.
I doubt that is true.
Given the obvious bias of the website I would say it is much more likely they were arrested for resisting arrest, maintaining a common nuisance, etc.
As given by the fact that some were let off....

Muffled

Jesus in me
I doubt that is true.
Given the obvious bias of the website I would say it is much more likely they were arrested for resisting arrest, maintaining a common nuisance, etc.
As given by the fact that some were let off....

I believe you can be standing still minding your own business and be arrested for disturbing the peace. It doesn't matter what a person is doing but the way the police perceive it.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I believe you can be standing still minding your own business and be arrested for disturbing the peace. It doesn't matter what a person is doing but the way the police perceive it.
I believe that given the particular details of your claim, that you are merely parroting what you heard.
My question is if they let some of them go and yet charged others, what are the actual charges?
Something tells me your source does not care, because they have made up their mind that is was merely because they were Christian.

David1967

Premium Member
At RF Muslims, Christians and ppl of all relgions and no religions are mutually talking, presenting and reading each others' books. Who are these 'they'? ....Maybe some retired fellows!
Good point Dawud. I have good polite discussions with Muslims and others on RF and whether or not agree have not been disrespected at all. In fact I have been given some new perspectives to consider.

Sabour

I believe Muslims are vastly mistaken about what the Qu'ran says about this. The truth is that a correct understanding of the Qu'ran is consistent with the Biblical view that Jesus is divine.

There are explicit statements in the Quraan that prove the opposite of what you are saying.

5:116
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

5:117
I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There are explicit statements in the Quraan that prove the opposite of what you are saying.

5:116
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

I believe Jesus is not a deity besides Allah, He is Allah and would never say that He is a separate God.

5:117
I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

I believe this is not proof that Jesus is not divine and don't understand why you would think so.