• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the argument that there were no Palestinians raised?

Shad

Veteran Member
Why would I support your claims? I don't expect you to support mine.
It's just that your opinion on who qualifies as a Jew is completely unimportant.

You want to be Roman? Well have fun. Don't expect too much support, as a Roman you are my historical enemy.

Thanks for proving you are a hypocrite.

I support a 2 state solution because there are people there now, in the present. Not because Hebrews had a state 2500 years ago and were a client kingdom 2500-2000 years ago.

Shad

Veteran Member
This isn't a question of its political power today. The question was whether it, as a sole document, guaranteed a right to Palestinian nationalism in the same way that it did so for Jewish nationalism.

Likewise the 47 plan provided a basis for an Arab nation in the area which supersedes the former document.

Flankerl

Thanks for proving you are a hypocrite.

I support a 2 state solution because there are people there now, in the present. Not because Hebrews had a state 2500 years ago and were a client kingdom 2500-2000 years ago.

Well do you support the right for the IS State? There are people there that identify with it...
And again Romans were our enemy, why would I support my enemy?

Also the Herodian Kingdom was only a Roman client state for some 45 years.

Shad

Veteran Member
Well do you support the right for the IS State? There are people there that identify with it...
And again Romans were our enemy, why would I support my enemy?

Also the Herodian Kingdom was only a Roman client state for some 45 years.

The kingdom was a client state of Persia, Alexander, Seleucid and Rome. Between the Seleucid and Roman periods there was the Hasmenean Dynasty which only lasted 50 years as a unified political entity. Judah became a protectorate in 63.

IS uses only violence. It has yet to use a single diplomatic action requesting acknowledgement as a state. Both Israeli and Palestine territory has used diplomacy repeatedly and more often than violent conflict.

Ah so if someone is an enemy you produce a double-standard. Good to see more hypocrisy

rosends

Likewise the 47 plan provided a basis for an Arab nation in the area which supersedes the former document.
That might be relevant if the question being addressed was about the current status of anything. But, again, the claim was made specifically about the content of the Balfour Declaration, so the answer was specifically related to the Balfour Declaration.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I'm sorry, I must have misread post 76:
"My belief is that the Palestinian claim to statehood is exactly as legitimate as that of Israel - the Balfour declaration."
The Balfour Declaration never mentions Palestinians, or any notion of a state for them. So how, exactly do you see that the declaration recognizes either the group Palestinians, or the nationalistic right?
Of course it mentions Palestinians, it refers to the existing population of Palestine. The people who live in Palestine are called 'Palestinians'.

rosends

Oh, you mean the Druze! OK, then -- it is a good thing that Israel has protected their civil and religious rights.

rosends

No, I meant the Palestinians - the people who live in Palestine. Some of them are Druze.
Oh, the Christians and the Muslims also. Yep, they have civil and religious rights. The Israeli Palestinians would be the ones not included in "existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine." They would just be the Jewish Palestinians.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Oh, the Christians and the Muslims also. Yep, they have civil and religious rights. The Israeli Palestinians would be the ones not included in "existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine." They would just be the Jewish Palestinians.
Yeah mate, how is this so confusing for you? There are Jews and none Jews living in Palestine. There are Palestinians who are Jewish, Druze, Christian etc.
Palestine is an area, the word 'Palestinian' is what we call a person from that area. The Balfour declaration recognises that they exist - so I am asking why you pretend that they did not?

rosends

Yeah mate, how is this so confusing for you? There are Jews and none Jews living in Palestine. There are Palestinians who are Jewish, Druze, Christian etc.
Palestine is an area, the word 'Palestinian' is what we call a person from that area. The Balfour declaration recognises that they exist - so I am asking why you pretend that they did not?
Then we would say that they DID exist until the area no longer was called Palestine. Unless the Israeli citizens of all religions are still called Palestinians. And in which case, the Palestinian state already exists and it is Israel. I can see why you are confused.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Then we would say that they DID exist until the area no longer was called Palestine. Unless the Israeli citizens of all religions are still called Palestinians. And in which case, the Palestinian state already exists and it is Israel. I can see why you are confused.
The area is still called Palestine, you are not making sense.

rosends

The area is still called Palestine, you are not making sense.
The area et aside by the Declaration as a homeland for the Jewish people is still called Palestine? OK, so the Jews living in it are the Palestinians.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
What word games? I am trying to figure out what population you keep referring to.
No, you are desperately trying to pretend not to see the obvious. I am referring to the non-Jewish inhabitants of Palestine, who lived in the region prior to the establishment of Israel. I have identified them a number of times, but you have some sort of mental block that prevents you from grasping it.

rosends

No, you are desperately trying to pretend not to see the obvious. I am referring to the non-Jewish inhabitants of Palestine, who lived in the region prior to the establishment of Israel. I have identified them a number of times, but you have some sort of mental block that prevents you from grasping it.
I accept that there were non-Jewish inhabitants. The document refers to them explicitly. And as they are now, in their extant communities, citizens of Israel they have civil and religious rights. We covered this. They and the Jews pre-1948 would have been Palestinians, and in fact, by your accounting, still are Palestinians. So what? If the population of Israel is "Palestinian" and it is already made up of citizens of a state, then what more is there? Why are you playing around with terms?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I accept that there were non-Jewish inhabitants. The document refers to them explicitly. And as they are now, in their extant communities, citizens of Israel they have civil and religious rights. We covered this. They and the Jews pre-1948 would have been Palestinians, and in fact, by your accounting, still are Palestinians. So what? If the population of Israel is "Palestinian" and it is already made up of citizens of a state, then what more is there? Why are you playing around with terms?
I'm not. You are,admitting that the Palestinians existed prior to the establishment of Israel. So, we agree.

rosends

I'm not. You are,admitting that the Palestinians existed prior to the establishment of Israel. So, we agree.
And you are agreeing that either they stopped existing in 1948 or that they still exist as the population of Israel and already have a state. Good then. Thanks.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
And you are agreeing that either they stopped existing in 1948 or that they still exist as the population of Israel and already have a state. Good then. Thanks.
Either they stopped existing in 1948? How does a population stop existing? You are not making sense.

The topic here is about the myth that there were no Palestinians, you agree that there was. So what are you arguing about?