• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is spiritual knowledge seen as less correct then knowledge from science?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I have noticed that often spiritual wisdom/knowledge is seen as less valuable then science knowledge and I wonder why it is so?

Why do science believers refuse to acknowledge that spiritual teachings, that can be found many thousands of year back is lesser the science that has only been around for a few hundreds years?

Something is not right.

It is even more valuable because what prevents science from making weapons of mass destruction at the moment = nothing. With the harmony of science and religion, sciences parameters would be limited to what is for the betterment of humanity not its destruction.

Scirnce cannot be objective when it comes to preserving life. Science should never be allowed to invent that which destroys life. Yet politicians have used it for destruction. Science needs a moral compass or conscience so that it cannot be manipulated to be used to destroy.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I have noticed that often spiritual wisdom/knowledge is seen as less valuable then science knowledge and I wonder why it is so?

Why do science believers refuse to acknowledge that spiritual teachings, that can be found many thousands of year back is lesser the science that has only been around for a few hundreds years?

Something is not right.
OK, I'm only commenting on the science part. I was reading about popcorn, and I wanted to know which brand pops the most kernels. So I don't waste my money. And it was mentioned that a good junior high school experiment would be to get the different brands and see how many unpopped kernels there were left after popping a batch. I thought it was a good scientific idea. Now you might wonder, how does that relate to the question. Well, it's a long story. :)

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
If you search for "Eight factors of wellness", you'll be stuck for choice. I don't know the ultimate origin.

Thanks. A lot of models now like Seligman’s Positive Psychology include a balanced life with spirituality and meaningfulness as important dimensions to overall happiness.