• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Islam so dangerous?

Shad

Veteran Member
Muhammad was not God. God is God. What Muhammad decides to do on his own must operate within the confines of morality. God does to, but with certain obvious exceptions. God is the author of life and death. Every death by sickness, accident, even crime, happens because God allows it, even ordains it. If a serial killer butchers someone, he doesn't get off the hook for doing evil of their own free will, but the person who died still died because it was their ordained time. Thus, if God orders someone killed directly, that is his right as the author of life and death. His RIGHT. All life belongs to him. Life doesn't belong to Muhammad, are you serious??? You simply can't compare Muhammad to God.

God often made orders via prophets, judges, etc. All you have done is accept prophets X, Y, Z and rejected the others.

Shad

Veteran Member
And here we go again!
And the people who were claimed to have done it, did it in retaliation to the U.S. invading their country and NOT anything to do with their religious beliefs. .

Most of the 9/11 terrorist were from KSA which was never invaded. Only one could be close to such a claim that being the one from Lebanon. That event goes back to the 80s. Also many of the members were part of AQ which had declared a holy war against the US. Religion had everything to do with it.

Raymann

the people who were claimed to have done it (9/11 attacks), did it in retaliation to the U.S. invading their country and NOT anything to do with their religious beliefs.
What countries are you talking about?
From Wikipedia:
"15 of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, two were from the United Arab Emirates, one was from Lebanon, and one was from Egypt"
NONE of those countries were invaded by the US.
ALL THE HIJACKERS were affiliated with Al Qaeda and ALL OF THEM WERE MUSLIMS. Go figure.

But it seems that many people refuse to stick to the facts and LOVE to wallow in bigotry and hatred
That is exactly what you are doing, isn't it. The facts don't match your claims.

And given the horrific blood soaked Christian history, I find it appalling when someone ignores all that
No one forgets history but we're living in the present and today Christianity, Judaism and all other religions combined cannot match the violence and hatred coming from Islamic sources.
We're dealing with today's problems and regret some of the violence from the past.

And let's not forget what Christianity teaches:
Exodus 22:20, etc, etc, etc.
Who cares what Christianity teaches?
You don't get it, do you?
I don't care what Islam, Christianity or Judaism teach as long as they don't use those teachings to act violently.
Islam seems to be the only religion today to be exponentially more violent compared to all other religions.
Open your eyes. look around you.
A Muslim might be safer on any Christian country rather than in his own Muslim country, that's a fact.
Don't even try it the other way around.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
God often made orders via prophets, judges, etc. All you have done is accept prophets X, Y, Z and rejected the others.
I'm saying that Muhammed did not talk to God the way that Moses purportedly did. He purportedly talked to angel.
Remember too, that according to the Torah, God talked to the ENTIRE people of Israel when the covenant was made for them to follow His laws. This kind of claim, for God to talk to the entire people, is unique to Judaism. It means that each can cooberate what the other is hearing.

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm saying that Muhammed did not talk to God the way that Moses purportedly did. He purportedly talked to angel.

So? Abraham talked to Angels a number of times.

Remember too, that according to the Torah, God talked to the ENTIRE people of Israel when the covenant was made for them to follow His laws. This kind of claim, for God to talk to the entire people, is unique to Judaism. It means that each can cooberate what the other is hearing.

Not in any version I have. Granted I am mostly using modern versions which will have a Christian bias and known translation issues just to start with.. Could you be specific in verse and version of the text.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So? Abraham talked to Angels a number of times.

Not in any version I have. Granted I am mostly using modern versions which will have a Christian bias and known translation issues just to start with.. Could you be specific in verse and version of the text.
It begins in Exodus 19, when God begins to instruction the Israelites how to prepare for his visitation to them, because he tells Moses in verse 9 that the people would see and hear him themselves, not just through Moses.

9 And the LORD said unto Moses: 'Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and may also believe thee for ever.' And Moses told the words of the people unto the LORD.

So God gives various instructions, all designed to create an aura of sanctity and critical significance. For three days the people prepare and purify themselves. Then they gather at the lower part of the mountain.

In Exodus 20 it says,

"1 And God spoke all these words, saying..."

Notice is does NOT say, "And the LORD spoke unto Moses saying, Speak unto the Children of Israel," the way it does all those other times. Why is THIS time different???? Because this time he is speaking to all the people at the bottom of the mountain who have gathered. The giving of the ten commandments was heard by ALL. I know everyone has this "Charlton Heston" idea in their minds, but that's not what in the text.

And of course all of Israel consents to the covenant, in Chapter 24 v 7:

7 'All that God has spoken, we will do and we will hear.'

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I dont see Islam as dangeroues. But the misunderstanding of its teachins, and the false muslims that use it to spread fear that is the real danger within Islam. As any religious path islam is also a personal path where if done correctly they will gain the wisdom Muhammad do promise.

It is the way the Quran is looked at and picked apart to misrepresent something that it did not teach that is a danger.

Used as a way of gaining power is not only seen in Islam, but in many religions in the past that has been used to gain power wrongfully. So it is more the person who misused it that is the danger .

IMHO.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Who are you to say that someone who claims to be a Muslim is a false Muslim?

So you reject the political dimensions of Islam?

What are you referring to here exactly?
Thank you for your question :)

When i say false muslim, it means examle those terroists who clame to be of Islam, I would not clame a good muslim to be a false muslim. In my understanding of Islam, one must follow what Allah teaches, and if done corret there is no need for wars toward non muslims.
I respect the Islamic teachings even i do not follow them my self.

I am non political so i only look at the religious part of a path.

Example of use of power, is the Terrorists who wish to gain land and be able to rule over specially female and kids.

Raymann

As any religious path islam is also a personal path where if done correctly they will gain the wisdom Muhammad do promise.
Muhammad didn't promise anything. He was just a prophet spreading the word of Allah. Believing that Muhammad is the main figure in Islam is "Shirk" and it is a sin.
It is the way the Quran is looked at and picked apart to misrepresent something that it did not teach that is a danger.
That depends how you look at it.
Personally I find Islam, violent, misogynistic, oppressive against women, intolerant against gays, condescending against other religions and atheists.
A quick look at the scriptures and you can see all those violent verses but Muslims Scholars are trained to jump all kinds of hoops to somehow find context and make it look peaceful.
Sometimes context to them means that a verse at the beginning of the book supersedes one from the back of it.
It is crazy to me, and it almost looks like they're desperately trying to find excuses to cover up the real truth of the violent nature of the religion.
Used as a way of gaining power is not only seen in Islam, but in many religions in the past that has been used to gain power wrongfully.
I try to stay in the present and deal with today's problems and today I only see Islam as the problem.
Let's be realistic, we keep hearing that the majority of 1.6 billion people are peaceful Muslims but I also see that every single Muslim country (53 of them) have some kind of religious tensions, wars, terrorism, oppression, etc.
Is it too much to ask to have at least one example of a Muslim country that shows us how good an Islamic society can be?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
When i say false muslim, it means examle those terroists who clame to be of Islam

If someone claims to be a Muslim, and particularly if they show some attempt to be a Muslim, at whatever level, then my default is to take them at their word and leave the rest to God, Who is the Best of Judges.

I would not clame a good muslim to be a false muslim

But God Alone is the Best Judge of who is a good Muslim.

In my understanding of Islam, one must follow what Allah teaches

Right, but very few of us do a perfect job of this.

and if done corret there is no need for wars toward non muslims

Not true. If attacked, then it is our right to respond accordingly.

Example of use of power, is the Terrorists who wish to gain land and be able to rule over specially female and kids.

Agreed. But power doesn't have to be a dirty word.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Muhammad didn't promise anything. He was just a prophet spreading the word of Allah. Believing that Muhammad is the main figure in Islam is "Shirk" and it is a sin.

That depends how you look at it.
Personally I find Islam, violent, misogynistic, oppressive against women, intolerant against gays, condescending against other religions and atheists.
A quick look at the scriptures and you can see all those violent verses but Muslims Scholars are trained to jump all kinds of hoops to somehow find context and make it look peaceful.
Sometimes context to them means that a verse at the beginning of the book supersedes one from the back of it.
It is crazy to me, and it almost looks like they're desperately trying to find excuses to cover up the real truth of the violent nature of the religion.
I try to stay in the present and deal with today's problems and today I only see Islam as the problem.
Let's be realistic, we keep hearing that the majority of 1.6 billion people are peaceful Muslims but I also see that every single Muslim country (53 of them) have some kind of religious tensions, wars, terrorism, oppression, etc.
Is it too much to ask to have at least one example of a Muslim country that shows us how good an Islamic society can be?

First of all :) I did not say Muhammad was the main figur in islam but it was him that walked on this planet telling about Allah.
Yes there are voilance in Islamic countries, but there is also war in non muslim countries,
Just because it is written about war and killing in the Quran does not mean they should act upon it, does it? Those who do kill non belivers actually do a sin also in Islam.

I do live in the present moment too, but differently from you i do not focus on the negative in the world. i focus on good things. Good people and good way of living without trying to pull down eople from different view or religion then my self.

Raymann

In my understanding of Islam, one must follow what Allah teaches, and if done corret there is no need for wars toward non muslims.
Every single Muslim would tell you that Islam teaches to only attack if they are attacked.
That means if they feel they are being attacked they have the permission from Allah to attack back.
Is that clear? War is permitted in Islam (Jihad).
Terrorists would claim the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq as totally good reasons to attack back as Allah instructed them. That's what Jihad is all about.
Yes there are voilance in Islamic countries, but there is also war in non muslim countries
There is violence in the world but very little coming from religions. Islam is by far the most troubled religion in the world today.
I do live in the present moment too, but differently from you i do not focus on the negative in the world. i focus on good things. Good people and good way of living without trying to pull down eople from different view or religion then my self.
Let's be specific. The northern countries and many others in Europe have been an example of prosperity, peace and well being.
The arrival of Muslim immigration is changing all that for the worst. How can you explain it?
Muslims are being provided with housing, money and jobs but that's not enough, they want to change the culture of the place. Western women now have to cover up or they risk to be raped. Jews can hardly get out of their houses and if they are recognized they are attacked.
Jews from France are moving to Israel in thousands, just because they fear Muslim violence.
It is reality, it is happening, not to be negative but wondering why is this happening?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Every single Muslim would tell you that Islam teaches to only attack if they are attacked.
That means if they feel they are being attacked they have the permission from Allah to attack back.
Is that clear? War is permitted in Islam (Jihad).
Terrorists would claim the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq as totally good reasons to attack back as Allah instructed them. That's what Jihad is all about.
There is violence in the world but very little coming from religions. Islam is by far the most troubled religion in the world today.
Let's be specific. The northern countries and many others in Europe have been an example of prosperity, peace and well being.
The arrival of Muslim immigration is changing all that for the worst. How can you explain it?
Muslims are being provided with housing, money and jobs but that's not enough, they want to change the culture of the place. Western women now have to cover up or they risk to be raped. Jews can hardly get out of their houses and if they are recognized they are attacked.
Jews from France are moving to Israel in thousands, just because they fear Muslim violence.
It is reality, it is happening, not to be negative but wondering why is this happening?

If a Muslim should attack me it would be just like if a non muslim should attack me, i dont difference in what religion they follow. But i would not hit back, or kill for that matter. And if he just punch me i can forgive him for that.

A lot tention comes from America toward the islamic countries this day, just look at Trump wanting to attack Iran, and so far Iran has not done anything outside of their own country, So if America actually do attack, then it is not a war started by a Islamic country.

I have muslims as my neighbours where i live, and they are good people, so no i do not fear muslims living here.
The jews have been moving back to Israel for a long time, not sure it is just because they do not like Muslims