• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I don't 'support our troops' (and why no religious person should)

Mr Cheese

I guess the moral thing to do would bomb a country where the population is more than half of kids and pretend like I've accomplished some sense of justice.
+
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY,
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY
YOU ESS AY, YOU ESS AY
:bow:

averageJOE

zombie
Sorry, didn't mean to snap.

I am a hard determinist, and to that regard I can sympathize over a soldiers, but no solider in this war was physically forced to do. I can not support that decision, regardless how good the intentions war, it was a bad choice.
Do you know what happens when people do not volunteer into the military?

A

angellous_evangellous

We've been drone bombing Pakistan for months...

What part of defense do you not get?

If someone attacks you or my family.. how is attacking people over 1k miles away from you self-defense?

Well, when the people attacking your family are are recruited and trained 1k miles away, it is pertinent to thwart their means of attack.

dust1n

Zindīq
I asked if you knew what would happen if no one voulteered for the military.

I will entertain you with the notion (though it is completely a derailing from the topic) that if no one volunteered for the military, than there would be no one in the military unless a draft was intact.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If another Hitler came to power and armed forces came to our shores to kill or enslave us, what do you suppose the moral thing to do would be?
Here's the problem, though: it seems to me that we normally recognize "Hitlers" after the fact.

Hitler himself solidified his hold on power in Germany on the pretext of protecting the German people from a violent overthrow of the government by Communists.

dust1n

Zindīq
Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

I don't get what you are suggesting... we should invade Pakistan too, no?

No, I don't think that we should invade Pakistan. Using smart bombs is the way to go there IMHO.

You mentioned the use of robots - yes, we have to use technology to find the cowards because they won't meet us on the battlefield.