• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I CANNOT Believe in The Resurrection

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If Christ returned in the clouds you’re saying His Bride, His Body, all those who made a covenant with Him didn’t see Him. Everyone else did though which is not correct.
I am saying that Christ returned in the clouds and all the Christians (except the Christians who became Baha'is) missed the return of Christ.

The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that cloud our judgment and prevent us from seeing what is really there. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, the desires of men hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

I did not say everyone else saw Christ return, thus far only the Baha'is have seen Him and know who He is.

Are you confessing that you aren't aware that racism is a huge problem in the USA?
Racism isn’t a huge problem, BLM and other groups are trying to make it that. Just the way you frame your question is proof enough to me that you’re part of the problem. Racism and cops in particular has already been debunked. Many have already posted the data on gun crime, etc. Even the false white privilege income inequality gap when white income is around 8 or 9 among nationality groups in the US. It’s a problem with people claiming “racism” and lying about it when the numbers don’t add up. Where is racism an issue? Democrat run cities

Last edited:
I am saying that Christ returned in the clouds and all the Christians (except the Christians who became Baha'is) missed the return of Christ.

The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that cloud our judgment and prevent us from seeing what is really there. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, the desires of men hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

I did not say everyone else saw Christ return, thus far only the Baha'is have seen Him and know who He is.
Thanks for sharing your views, clearing some things up. Although I see things different

I didn't mention the Hebrew language. I was referring to the text in the Bible and how the concepts describing God differ from the Old to New Testaments. Jesus doesn't describe a God like the OT does. Almost a different God. Or it got therapy.
I don’t see the difference in God’s character from beginning to end. Are you saying that by the time we get to Revelation and the end of the book God got therapy is different, more mello and chill?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don’t see the difference in God’s character from beginning to end. Are you saying that by the time we get to Revelation and the end of the book God got therapy is different, more mello and chill?
You need to study your Bible some more. The Old Testament God is a rather evil creature. Pro-genocide, ready to kill for the most petty of reasons, pro-slavery, the lists goes on and on.. He gets a bit better towards the end except when he ODs on LSD in Revelation.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You need to study your Bible some more. The Old Testament God is a rather evil creature. Pro-genocide, ready to kill for the most petty of reasons, pro-slavery, the lists goes on and on.. He gets a bit better towards the end except when he ODs on LSD in Revelation.
God was having a 'bad hair day' with the Jews before Jesus came on the scene, but Jesus straightened everything out. :D
God did not write the Book of Revelation so we cannot blame Him for that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

alypius

What we could do is have the piece of meat you found tested, and if it comes back beef, not good for you. If it comes back polar bear, over even some kind of bear, then that's good for your claim as it's extraordinary evidence.

Why would the report from a laboratory analysis of a piece of meat be called extraordinary evidence instead of just evidence (people do laboratory analyses of biological specimens all the time)?

alypius

Yes there were writers who created factual records and we can distinguish these from embellished texts. Historians and linguists examine these ancient texts and present their conclusions. It's quite interesting what they can reveal about the various texts, especially the four Gospels.

So there were some non-embellished texts written in the period when the gospels were written?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Why would the report from a laboratory analysis of a piece of meat be called extraordinary evidence instead of just evidence (people do laboratory analyses of biological specimens all the time)?
Because the claim is extraordinary, so any evince would have to be extraordinary since polar bear meat is highly unlikely. But I take your point that at least it's plausible, unlike a supernatural.

alypius

There were quite a few Greek and Roman historians in the first century and after.

So if the Gospels were non-embellished texts, and on condition they were trustworthy testimony, then couldn't they serve as evidence for the resurrection?

alypius

Because the claim is extraordinary, so any evince would have to be extraordinary since polar bear meat is highly unlikely. But I take your point that at least it's plausible, unlike a supernatural.

So a laboratory analysis report of a claimed piece of polar bear food would be called extraordinary evidence, but the laboratory analysis report of a claimed carcass of a polar bear in the north pole would be called ordinary evidence (even though both laboratory reports are exactly the same)?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So if the Gospels were non-embellished texts, and on condition they were trustworthy testimony, then couldn't they serve as evidence for the resurrection?
Have you read the Gospels? It is clear that they are embellished. At least all of those after Mark. If they were not they would all agree with each other.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So a laboratory analysis report of a claimed piece of polar bear food would be called extraordinary evidence, but the laboratory analysis report of a claimed carcass of a polar bear in the north pole would be called ordinary evidence (even though both laboratory reports are exactly the same)?
????