• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I CANNOT Believe in The Resurrection

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Never said it was ok, Never said it was ok what the cop did. I’m not convinced that he would’ve died if he didn’t have all the drugs in his system. Simple as that
It doesn't matter if you are convinced. When it comes to the sciences you might have a fifth grade education. What matters are what the experts know and understand. They were able to support their claims and they disagree with you.

John1.12

Free gift
How could Bible be a standard, when its verses are interpreted and taken at the whims of the Pauline-Christians?
On one hand the Christianity say that Jesus used to talk in parables. On the other hand they take physically what Jesus said and actually meant metaphorically according to the norm of the then Jews and as per the usage of Torah (OT). The whims of the Christians cannot be the "standard".
One might have not reflected on some of the creeds of Christianity.
For instance take the issue of putting God-head on Jesus. Has one ever thought that it can never mean Jesus being a literal and or physically God; as this entails following implications:
  1. God has wife (I take refuge with Allah)
  2. that makes makes Mary the wife of Christian-God (I take refuge with Allah)
  3. Jesus was husband of his mother (I take refuge with Allah)
  4. Jesus was his own father. (I take refuge with Allah)
I don't think this is acceptable to our friend @Barry Johnson . Right?

The Christians never Cross-examined the "witnesses" of the event of Cross, this is being done by the Historians in this era. Right?

Regards

The gospel of John is the only one of the four that gets twisted to make out as if Jesus is saying he is God. Jesus had no interest in suggesting he was God; he had enough to do being God’s son, and as Messiah had to remain sinless so as to fulfil his father’s word. Making himself out to be his own father would have been extremely confusing for all concerned as well as counter-productive.

However you are right in suggesting that Christianity evolved* its teachings over time to arrive at what is currently believed. It was not the gospel of John that caused it but he gets the blame, seeing that there was sufficient enigmatic material in there to confuse, divide, and conquer the new churches.

https://www.quora.com/Given-the-Gospel-of-John-is-the-only-one-that-states-Jesus-as-God-how-would-Christianity-evolve-over-time-if-there-was-no-Gospel-of-John

paarsurrey comments:

*It is not evolving of Christianity, it is the case of corrupting Jesus’ teachings which Jesus taught and acted upon prior to the event of Crucifixion.
Gotta love these theories. I just read it myself and clearly see this is all nonsense lol

John1.12

Free gift
How could Bible be a standard, when its verses are interpreted and taken at the whims of the Pauline-Christians?
On one hand the Christianity say that Jesus used to talk in parables. On the other hand they take physically what Jesus said and actually meant metaphorically according to the norm of the then Jews and as per the usage of Torah (OT). The whims of the Christians cannot be the "standard".
One might have not reflected on some of the creeds of Christianity.
For instance take the issue of putting God-head on Jesus. Has one ever thought that it can never mean Jesus being a literal and or physically God; as this entails following implications:
  1. God has wife (I take refuge with Allah)
  2. that makes makes Mary the wife of Christian-God (I take refuge with Allah)
  3. Jesus was husband of his mother (I take refuge with Allah)
  4. Jesus was his own father. (I take refuge with Allah)
I don't think this is acceptable to our friend @Barry Johnson . Right?

The Christians never Cross-examined the "witnesses" of the event of Cross, this is being done by the Historians in this era. Right?

Regards

The gospel of John is the only one of the four that gets twisted to make out as if Jesus is saying he is God. Jesus had no interest in suggesting he was God; he had enough to do being God’s son, and as Messiah had to remain sinless so as to fulfil his father’s word. Making himself out to be his own father would have been extremely confusing for all concerned as well as counter-productive.

However you are right in suggesting that Christianity evolved* its teachings over time to arrive at what is currently believed. It was not the gospel of John that caused it but he gets the blame, seeing that there was sufficient enigmatic material in there to confuse, divide, and conquer the new churches.

https://www.quora.com/Given-the-Gospel-of-John-is-the-only-one-that-states-Jesus-as-God-how-would-Christianity-evolve-over-time-if-there-was-no-Gospel-of-John

paarsurrey comments:

*It is not evolving of Christianity, it is the case of corrupting Jesus’ teachings which Jesus taught and acted upon prior to the event of Crucifixion.
Did God stop speaking at Moses ?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
“For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.”
‭‭I Thessalonians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
This Isn’t. Talking. About. The. Bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes it is, and show me where it’s written that the Scriptures are just man’s writing instead of the word of God.
I am sure that I have a book that says that somewhere.

You have your burden of proof backwards as usual. If you want to claim that the Bible is the word of God you need to provide evidence for that claim. The Bible is not evidence, it is the claim. And the countless errors in the Bible tell us that it is not the "word of God".

I am sure that I have a book that says that somewhere.

You have your burden of proof backwards as usual. If you want to claim that the Bible is the word of God you need to provide evidence for that claim. The Bible is not evidence, it is the claim. And the countless errors in the Bible tell us that it is not the "word of God".
You’re entitled to your opinion

It doesn't matter if you are convinced. When it comes to the sciences you might have a fifth grade education. What matters are what the experts know and understand. They were able to support their claims and they disagree with you.
Really none of it matters on here, except I can read the autopsy, watch the video, make my own decisions and not bound by public opinion like you are. Can look and see that Floyd acted in an abnormal way because he was high on drugs, then was put in a bad position by a cop who made his situation worse.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Never said it was ok, Never said it was ok what the cop did. I’m not convinced that he would’ve died if he didn’t have all the drugs in his system. Simple as that
And your judgment is based on your complete lack of expertise. So why bother posting an opinion that is contrary to experts?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Really none of it matters on here, except I can read the autopsy, watch the video, make my own decisions and not bound by public opinion like you are. Can look and see that Floyd acted in an abnormal way because he was high on drugs, then was put in a bad position by a cop who made his situation worse.
Oh my!. Such projection. The problem is that you do not appear to have even a middle school level of scientific literacy. You are unable to judge what you read as shown by the coroner's own statement. You claimed "overdose" when the evidence indicated otherwise. You only use articles to feed your biased opinion.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Could the same text make a claim and also provide reasons for accepting the claim?
We can say that text written for science journals of experiments in science do this. Science journals have standards, for example it has to provide verifiable facts and data. It has to explain the tests and results of those tests. It has to explain how to do the tests. IOW science shows its work. Religious texts just tell stories, and often includes details that are not verifiable as being true. So we throw them out as being factual and true.

If theists can demonstrate their texts are true objectively by providing facts, then they would be accepted as true. Theists consistently fail to provide facts that their beliefs are valid and true, so they fall victim to the logical default, and that's that claims are untrue.

Last edited:
And your judgment is based on your complete lack of expertise. So why bother posting an opinion that is contrary to experts?
Cause I don’t buy into the racists ideas, don’t see how any other verdict would’ve happened because he was assumed guilty before the trial ever started. I didn’t see it that way.

Oh my!. Such projection. The problem is that you do not appear to have even a middle school level of scientific literacy. You are unable to judge what you read as shown by the coroner's own statement. You claimed "overdose" when the evidence indicated otherwise. You only use articles to feed your biased opinion.
I can read the autopsy and you can’t say he wouldn’t have died of an overdose if he wasn’t restrained like that either, not with what he had in his system and health problems.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Cause I don’t buy into the racists ideas, don’t see how any other verdict would’ve happened because he was assumed guilty before the trial ever started. I didn’t see it that way.

That does not appear to be the case. You appear to be misinterpreting the evidence to support your own faulty ideas that appear to be rather racist.

I am very pro-cop. I will argue more often on the police side than not. But this was shown to be a case of murder. Yes, there are those that went into this that had already decided the case. You already decided that Chauvin was innocent. Many decided that he was guilty. But you are ignoring the facts that show you to be wrong. The coroner avoided seeing the video of the officer kneeling on Floyd's neck. He did not want his decision tainted by a preconception. You should have done the same.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Cause I don’t buy into the racists ideas,
Do you acknowledge that the USA suffers from cultural and institutional racism?

don’t see how any other verdict would’ve happened because he was assumed guilty before the trial ever started. I didn’t see it that way.
Has you considered the possibility that Chauvin actually WAS and IS guilty? Would you expect a not guilty verdict if a prosecution showed overwhelming evidence and testimony that an accused was guilty?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Really none of it matters on here, except I can read the autopsy, watch the video, make my own decisions and not bound by public opinion like you are.
When the people who train police about how to treat a person in custody who is face down said that an officer needs to turn the person in custody on their side to avoid causing distress, harm, or death, did you accept their testimony, and their condemnation of Chauvin for violating this training?