• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I Cannot Abide Organized Religion

RestlessSoul

:D:D:D:D

230px-David_Carradine_as_Caine_in_Kung_Fu.jpg

It's like I'm back in the 70's, when people thought the vapid platitudes were cool. If you use unevidenced emotional superstition, then you have to demonstrate your conclusions are valid. Logic has already demonstrated its efficacy.

No Sheldon, I don’t have to tailor my language to fit your limited mindset. My point was clear enough, and you just proved it’s accuracy.

I thought you liked metaphors btw?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
No Sheldon, (1) I don’t have to tailor my language to fit your limited mindset. (2) My point was clear enough, and you just proved it’s accuracy.
(3) I thought you liked metaphors btw?

I'll use bullet points, as befits my "limited mindset".

1. Straw man fallacy, and I am disinclined to use my "limited mindset" to help edify you.
2. As was my response.
3. I do, as I explained, did you just miss the context, like a blind pig pursuing truffles?

Reactions: ppp

muhammad_isa

If you use unevidenced emotional superstition, then you have to demonstrate your conclusions are valid. Logic has already demonstrated its efficacy.
Some people just don't accept logic. They assume that logic is somehow connected to scientific belief and is the same thing. :)

ppp

Some people just don't accept logic. They assume that logic is somehow connected to scientific belief and is the same thing. :)
This coming from someone who thinks logic is equivalent to name dropping and "It makes sent to me"

I suspect that Sheldon is entirely unscathed.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
This coming from someone who thinks logic is equivalent to name dropping and "It makes sent to me"

I suspect that Sheldon is entirely unscathed.
Well I suspect logic is entirely unscathed, anyway...:cool: :D

Have you noticed how theists who are happy to deny scientific facts, and cast aspersions on science in general, are then too keen to insert words like science and scientists, in front of claims they evidence a deity. The odd thing is I always flick on a news channel when I hear such claims, and not once are they running a banner headline "scientific evidence for god".

If only I we could work out what it means? :rolleyes: I mean you think the Catholic Herald would get it right?o_O

ppp

Well I suspect logic is entirely unscathed, anyway...:cool: :D
Abs-duction of steel!

Have you noticed how theists who are happy to deny scientific facts, and cast aspersions on science in general, are then too keen to insert words like science and scientists, in front of claims they evidence a deity. The odd thing is I always flick on a news channel when I hear such claims, and not once are they running a banner headline "scientific evidence for god".
I've noticed. And the thing is, if they actually did did discover evidence for a deity I was be sincerely excited to learn more. It would be amazing!

If only I we could work out what it means? :rolleyes: I mean you think the Catholic Herald would get it right?o_O
Only if they divine it from the entrails of a communion wafer.:rolleyes: