• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I believe Jesus is the I AM

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
No man is the author of God-inspired scripture
Of course they are! The texts didn’t just drop out of the sky one day in King James English.

Does Jesus need to appear in Jeremiah for his words to be true
Yes, because the writer of Jeremiah had no clue of Jesus, wasn’t writing about Jesus, didn’t know Jesus. “Jesus” does not inform a valid interpretation of Jeremiah, because he doesn’t belong in the Jeremiah equation.
Replacement is exactly what it teac
No. It doesn’t. Jesus was talking about a change of heart, not a change of judicatory.
There were no sects in first century Christianity because that is what undid Judaism
Each church was different and had different beliefs. That’s why Paul was at odds with the Jerusalem church. You’re living in Church History Fantasyland.

There cannot be more than one truth
There can be different facets of truth, according to one’s perspective. Remember: none of this is science, so our concept of “fact” is different from what is being portrayed in these texts.
This is what keeps the "wheat" separated from the "weeds".
Nope. Read it again. Wheat and weeds are kept together. God sorts them in God’s time. both serve a purpose in God’s realm.

Ah....theological sense.....what the heck is that?
If you don’t know, I can’t help you.

Theology is taught in universities and seminaries
But not just there. Theology is taught/spoken in a lot of places. You’re mistaking ‘theology” for “scholasticism.” It doesn’t really work that way.
but none of Jesus apostles were educated men
Sure they were! They called Jesus “Rabbi” — “teacher.” They were “disciples” — followers of a ... teacher. Jesus did educate them in theology. All the time.

Christendom's theology is the rubbish.....the "weeds" of Jesus' parable...all you have to do is see their fruitage to know that Christ was never part of their religious system
That’s not what Jesus means by “weeds.” And yes, Jesus is the center of our community.
No, that is not what you said.....you supported the notion that God was somehow lonely and that he created us for himself. That is a load of garbage
God did create us for God’s Self. How else can one be in a love relationship, if there’s no object of affection?
Poetry is not God's word
Genesis 1 is poetry. The Psalms are poetry. Song of Solomon is poetry. Philippians 2 is poetry. Undsoweiter... undsoweiter...

You missed the point about God's dominant quality...which is LOVE. Hello....
No didn’t. But that’s not quite what you said. You should be more terse in your writing, so you’re not misunderstood.
Sorry, I know that that you like that position....please forgive me for making you think that anyone could be superior to your learned self
Hey! I’m a disciple. Can’t help it if you don’t like to learn from the Teacher.

Is your God unknowable? You poor thing...no wonder you are lost...I found him about 50 years ago.....I'll introduce you if you like.
God is unknowable, unless your ego says otherwise. And I’m not lost — neither are you. God has us all well in hand, I think. I’m sorry your faith doesn’t allow for that...

Or that all outside of God's truth collectively believe the same lies.
Or that it’s a common truthful trope worldwide...

So Jesus is the liar then....?
He said to the Jews..."I know that you are Abraham’s offspring. But you are seeking to kill me, because my word makes no progress among you. 38 I speak the things I have seen while with my Father, but you do the things you have heard from your father.” 39 In answer they said to him: “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said to them: “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works of Abraham. 40 But now you are seeking to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You are doing the works of your father.”. . . . .Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie."
The serpent isn’t Satan. It’s a snake, symbolizing wisdom, so your post means nothing.

How does "ecclesiological language" lead you to the rather fanciful conclusions that you have reached
Learning helps. You yourself claim to be a “bible student.” I’d hope you were learning something, but it appears that smugness is all that’s been absorbed, given your replies here.

Brian2

Veteran Member
In your insistence on promoting the trinity, you keep ignoring what Jesus was saying in context....he was answering a question about his age....his reply was to tell those Jews that he was in existence before Abraham was even born.

He was not claiming to be God because he wasn’t God. He identified himself as “God’s son”. Never once did Jesus claim to be God or his equal.

The claim to be the Son of God was a claim to equality of nature with God.
The claim to have existed before Abraham does not explain why they wanted to stone Him.

The Jews did not believe in a triune God.....and neither did Jesus. After his return to heaven, Jesus still identified the Father as “my God” (Revelation 3:12) How can one part of God worship another part of himself...?

Jesus is still a man and still has a body of flesh and bone as the scriptures tell us. God is the God of all flesh. Jesus Father is the Jesus God now that He is a man. BUT Psalm 22:10 tells us when the Father became the God of Jesus,,,,,,,,,,when He became a man.
Psalm 22:10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

Brian2

Veteran Member
What Scripture gives you that idea?

Psalm 2 is the obvious one. Psalm 89:26 comes would be one. Isa 9:6 probably can be counted in.
Some of the Messianic passages that the Jews now reject were not always rejected as being Messianic.
Evidence from Qumran and the Essenes and Jewish Apocryphal works and ancient rabbinical works show the Jewish changes to their teaching about the Messiah and His Sonship.
Chapter Five: Messiah—The Son of God? by Mark Eastman

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Why I believe Jesus is the I AM": Ah, you believe in fables. Generally people stop believing in fables when they grow up.