• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I Am A Baptist Christian

A

angellous_evangellous

SoyLeche said:
Ah...

Okay, you can go ahead now.

*throws another dart at Falwell*

jerry_falwell.jpg

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Haven't you guys got a heretic section where you can make fun of Evangelicals, please don't do it in the Baptist section. I'm especially suprised at you SoyLeche, you would be the first to moan if I start making fun of mormons on your mormon section of the site.

SoyLeche

meh...
*Paul* said:
Haven't you guys got a heretic section where you can make fun of Evangelicals, please don't do it in the Baptist section. I'm especially suprised at you SoyLeche, you would be the first to moan if I start making fun of mormons on your mormon section of the site.
He's my neighbor, so I get a pass (not next door - but close enough)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Victor put a mod post out earlier in the thread - please remember this is Baptists DIR forum, the topic is based around the OP and it is not a debate!

thanks.

The reason why I've got to be
A Baptist is because of me
Once being shunned by every church
And left alone upon my perch.
Unwelcomed by Islam and Jew,
Put out of every other pew,
When Baptists put me out anew,
I only have to start one more
Baptist church in a score of score.
And so I renew the Old School
Strict and Particular in rule
Sabbatarian Baptist Church.
I know that won't leave me in lurch
Since before me the last one died
1863. I abide.

pebble107

the historical events surrounding the actual events recorded in scripture, but we can't base any hard truth on them. It's the same as me reading a book written by a Christian, which may have scriptural insights, but is authored by an imperfect human and may still have errors. We don't believe that God's inspired word has any errors. We reject the gnostic g
We can gain some insight from other writings, but we are not to take them as God's infallible word. These other writings can show us what others thought about ospels just as we reject the apocrypha as scripture. This of course does not mean that they were not good writings. Shakespeare is good writing too, but we believe that the 66 books of the bible are the only holy spirit breathed scripture.

Why? I mean no offence-I've been raised Baptist my whole life yet no one has cared to tell me why these 66 books are the only inerrant scriptures. Who decided all this? At what point in recorded history was this policy of 66 books set in stone? And under whose authority for that matter?:confused: