• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why homosexualy and homosexual marriage is so wrong

cmdeford

I'm not trying to step on any toes or anything, I still haven't quite figured out my religion but Question for this if we are made in God's image and God made us who we are, (sexual orientation isn't a choice, it's how some humans are) .....how can God condemn someone for who they are when he made them that way? I have yet to see a bible verse in which it says homosexuality is wrong. It's kinda like him saying in the process of making us "well I want you to follow me but I'm going to make you gay/lesbian/transgender/bisexual so you will wind up going to hell. " If it were a choice, with the criticism and scrutiny they are put under, don't you think they would change if they could?

Unification

unfortunately for you

god can change natural laws at will

just kill or revive any living being that has lived will live or might have lived

make the sun or all suns in the universe go on or off at will

and do stuff i can t even imagine

so iff you fight god, you lost

like israel whos fighting god for 3000 years, even gets its name off it

and israel cannot win the fight against god

but god thinks its funny, so he keeps fighting israel

And if you're wrong for placing judgement?
Possibility to reincarnate as a homosexual and consciously experience being judged as you have judged?

Byjayfzv

sex is between man and women

there cannot be homosexualytiy

its not sex

maybe theres erotic love between 2 men or 2 women

its not sex

it cannot be sex

because sex is between to difrentiated sexual beings, man and women

so their cannot be marriage between 2 men or 2 women#

because marriage is between man and women

there can be bonds which can be according to law

but thats not marriage
Is this a logical argument or based off religion?
If it is simply logical please explain why.

Byjayfzv

I'm not trying to step on any toes or anything, I still haven't quite figured out my religion but Question for this if we are made in God's image and God made us who we are, (sexual orientation isn't a choice, it's how some humans are) .....how can God condemn someone for who they are when he made them that way? I have yet to see a bible verse in which it says homosexuality is wrong. It's kinda like him saying in the process of making us "well I want you to follow me but I'm going to make you gay/lesbian/transgender/bisexual so you will wind up going to hell. " If it were a choice, with the criticism and scrutiny they are put under, don't you think they would change if they could?
If you look in the bible, God doesn't condemn being born homosexual, rather only condemns being sexually active with the same sex, specifically 2 men.
Although, you might ask, if God gave made me attracted to the same sex how do I let out my sexual desire? Isn't that cruel an unfair?
But these questions could be asked on anything: why did god make me unhealthy? Why did god make me a more naturally hot tempered person? Why did god put me in the horrible situation I'm in?

Byjayfzv

(sexual orientation isn't a choice, it's how some humans are)
The human has the ability to control their sexual actions. They can also change their sexual orientation. The same way a temperamental person can change and become a calmer person. It might take time and lots of effort. With lots of psychotherapy.

truthofscripture

It is wrong to believe the false teachings of religions who claim we have an immortal soul, because the scriptures say we do not. It is wrong to believe those religion's teachings of a fiery hell also. The Bible teaches differently. The Bible does NOT condemn homosexuals, but the scriptures DO say that God abhors the homosexual ACTS. God does not make one gay/lesbian/transgender/bisexual. It is an acquired trait according to scripture. He loves all humans, but hates some of their actions. Upon death, all sins are forgiven, with a few exceptions. Upon resurrection, which is what we're promised, not heaven or hell, we have the entire length of judgement day to conform to the new scrolls promised to us in Revelation to John. After which, we are promised eternal life in paradise, on Earth.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
The human has the ability to control their sexual actions. They can also change their sexual orientation. The same way a temperamental person can change and become a calmer person. It might take time and lots of effort. With lots of psychotherapy.

Sexual Orientation isn't a bloody light switch mate. It isn't even an emotion. Nor is it comparable to anger management issues. It's an attraction. That's it. Also, every major Mental Health Organization calls such therapy of changing one's sexual orientation pointless, ineffectual and unethical. Even peeps from other disciplines consider it unscientific at best and detrimental at worst. Including but not limited to Sociologists, Social Workers, Nurses, many Doctors (of differing specialties) and on and on. The so called "Psychotherapy" you mention comes from organizations that are either largely religious and often use a non scientific definition of sexual orientation (basing it on behavior, rather than you know Sexual Orientation!!!) or known to be biased against homosexuality to begin with. Furthermore, many such ideas come from organizations that are largely discredited amongst the Scientific Community. One can change one's sexual actions, sure, but have you ever seen those "success" stories of ex gay people? Many outright say they STILL have same sex attractions (hey, that still makes them by definition gay, regardless of their potentially loveless straight marriage. Just saying.)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It is wrong to believe the false teachings of religions who claim we have an immortal soul, because the scriptures say we do not. It is wrong to believe those religion's teachings of a fiery hell also. The Bible teaches differently. The Bible does NOT condemn homosexuals, but the scriptures DO say that God abhors the homosexual ACTS. God does not make one gay/lesbian/transgender/bisexual. It is an acquired trait according to scripture. He loves all humans, but hates some of their actions. Upon death, all sins are forgiven, with a few exceptions. Upon resurrection, which is what we're promised, not heaven or hell, we have the entire length of judgement day to conform to the new scrolls promised to us in Revelation to John. After which, we are promised eternal life in paradise, on Earth.

Well aren't you just a bunch of roses? Rude much?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If we DISOBEY the secular authorities, do you think it will go well for us? Usually not. In telling us to obey them, we will have fewer problems in our lives than if we were constantly being jailed and/or fined for infractions. It's good advice for anyone. Or do you disagree with that?
I've not had any problems with it.
All need to obey the laws on the books wherever they are
Why? Some laws are meant to be broken. Some laws should not be respected.
The same way a temperamental person can change and become a calmer person.
In my experience, no. I am prone to bouts are anger, rage, and frustration, as is common for those with Asperger's, and though today I do not express it like I did as a child (today it's very rare for me to display overt signs of anger), it is still very much there.
They can also change their sexual orientation
The American Psychiatric Association, American Councillors Association, American Medical Association, and a ton of other groups, who study mental health, cognitive processes, and human behaviors, do not agree with your statement.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Um no.

Reactions: gsa

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The human has the ability to control their sexual actions. They can also change their sexual orientation. The same way a temperamental person can change and become a calmer person.

Been there, done that, buried the t-shirt. My experience after decades of therapy, prayer, meditation, etc. is that my orientation is fixed solidly in place. The best I could hope for is to repress it. And sexual repression has disastrous effects on a person's health, livelihood, and relationships.

As something to consider, let's ask a straight person to change his or her orientation for 6 months. It's just 6 months to be homosexual bisexual. 6 months. Not a lifetime. Should be easier, right?

It might take time and lots of effort. With lots of psychotherapy.

My suggestion for psychotherapy is to help heal the self-loathing and self-harm a homosexual or bisexual experiences due to the overt homophobia and biphobia in current culture.

truthofscripture

I've not had any problems with it.

Why? Some laws are meant to be broken. Some laws should not be respected.

In my experience, no. I am prone to bouts are anger, rage, and frustration, as is common for those with Asperger's, and though today I do not express it like I did as a child (today it's very rare for me to display overt signs of anger), it is still very much there.

The American Psychiatric Association, American Councillors Association, American Medical Association, and a ton of other groups, who study mental health, cognitive processes, and human behaviors, do not agree with your statement.
No laws are legislated to be broken. Disobeying God has it's consequences. The choice is yours.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Transgenderism and transsexualism have nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Baladas

An Págánach
No laws are legislated to be broken. Disobeying God has it's consequences. The choice is yours.
Would you include the pro-slavery laws in the United States, broken by countless abolitionists in the 1800s?

Should those laws have been left unbroken?

Last edited: